Woods Back Next Weekend

"Don't act like you're not impressed."

Hope to see him back swinging well. I think the PGA needs a good Tiger for the US guys, to add a little sparkle that the Euros are trying to steal.

The real reason Tiger is going to San Diego!
Cheetahs!

1195712267_cheetahs-miramar_miramesa_1.jpg

Figured I had better update my avvy for the occasion. It's quite a polarizing topic really, everyone is all over the map as to their predictions on the season he'll have, people think he's going to start playing like Westwood and choking on grass for 18 holes on a Sunday and other people think he's going to come back better than ever....I tend to think he'll be good, maybe not the best TW we've ever seen, but better than most. :wink:

Going to? He already has my friend. It's easy to get caught up in the "Tiger Watch" (little Ron Burgundy play on words), but I don't think he'll be the same, ever! Sure, the ball striking and putting and all that can come back, but the psychological advantage he had over his fellow competitors is long gone baby!

Ron Burgundy doing sports. I think he should do play by play of TW's return.

Going to? He already has my friend. It's easy to get caught up in the "Tiger Watch" (little Ron Burgundy play on words), but I don't think he'll be the same, ever! Sure, the ball striking and putting and all that can come back, but the psychological advantage he had over his fellow competitors is long gone baby!
He's done it once in his life in a major and once in a silly season event, I think he'll be ok but. Shoot, Westy did it what, 3 times in majors last year? His psychological advantage may have taken a bit of a hit here but all it'll take is him dominating with the lead in the final round once or twice and he'll be right back. So even without the advantage he once had over the mental midgets on the PGA Tour, that still puts him what, right on the same level as them for the time being? I'll take Tiger thank you very much.

I think the perfect Ron Burgundy quote that Tiger may actually agree with:

"I love carpet"

woot woot! I gotta dirty mind.

I think the perfect Ron Burgundy quote that Tiger may actually agree with:

"I love carpet"

woot woot! I gotta dirty mind.

I love Lamp
I love Stapler

He's done it once in his life in a major and once in a silly season event, I think he'll be ok but. Shoot, Westy did it what, 3 times in majors last year? His psychological advantage may have taken a bit of a hit here but all it'll take is him dominating with the lead in the final round once or twice and he'll be right back. So even without the advantage he once had over the mental midgets on the PGA Tour, that still puts him what, right on the same level as them for the time being? I'll take Tiger thank you very much.

No, Lee didn't do anything like what Tiger did. He never held a 4 stroke lead going into the final round, and he certainly didn't shoot a round over par either. Lee led going into the final round of the Masters, he shot even par, that's not exactly gagging on it. He didn't have a four stroke lead either. The bottom line is, guys on tour don't believe that when Tiger's in the field that they are playing for 2nd anymore. Heck, they're calling him out. The psychological advantage that he had will never be back, sorry to break your heart. I also don't think he's the same ball striker that he once was, especially working with Sean Foley. Foley has him trapping the ball a lot more, hitting lower trajectory shots. That's not what is ideal for Major tournament golf. We shall see though, but a guy as smart as yourself shouldn't be so blinded by passion.

I hope he wins. I mean I love seeing and hearing first time news and I think for the first time if he wins, we might hear some of his fans saying "HE'S BACK!". I think that would be cool to hear because nobody has said it yet.

Oh yeah, about that, it's probably just the pants, I was meaning to take them back to the, uh, pants store.

Glad to see Tiger back in action, really interested to see how he plays

No, Lee didn't do anything like what Tiger did. He never held a 4 stroke lead going into the final round, and he certainly didn't shoot a round over par either. Lee led going into the final round of the Masters, he shot even par, that's not exactly gagging on it. He didn't have a four stroke lead either. The bottom line is, guys on tour don't believe that when Tiger's in the field that they are playing for 2nd anymore. Heck, they're calling him out. The psychological advantage that he had will never be back, sorry to break your heart. I also don't think he's the same ball striker that he once was, especially working with Sean Foley. Foley has him trapping the ball a lot more, hitting lower trajectory shots. That's not what is ideal for Major tournament golf. We shall see though, but a guy as smart as yourself shouldn't be so blinded by passion.
I thought we covered this, a -1 round actually on the same day that Anthony Kim shot a 65 and Phil Mickelson shot a 67 is dogging it. But that is completely besides the point. I am sure one of us will be going back to this thread as the summer progresses saying "I told you so" so we'll see who it is.

That is blasphemy. His students all have major wins.

Stephen Ames, Hunter Mahan, McLachlin, Sean O’Hair, Justin Rose and Greg Owen

How dare you! He is the best thing to happen to Mr. Woods since his last coach came and ruined everything. I blame the media. I blame Ron Burgundy actually. Without newsmakers, his story would have never been told. Its all the media's fault....Signed Mel Gibson

I hope he wins. I mean I love seeing and hearing first time news and I think for the first time if he wins, we might hear some of his fans saying "HE'S BACK!". I think that would be cool to hear because nobody has said it yet.

haha, that was every Friday or Saturday of every tourny he played in last year. I'm with ya, I kind of hope he wins just so I don't have to hear that garbage every week.

That is blasphemy. His students all have major wins.

Stephen Ames, Hunter Mahan, McLachlin, Sean O’Hair, Justin Rose and Greg Owen

How dare you! He is the best thing to happen to Mr. Woods since his last coach came and ruined everything. I blame the media. I blame Ron Burgundy actually. Without newsmakers, his story would have never been told. Its all the media's fault....Signed Mel Gibson

You're just on fire today JB!!

haha, that was every Friday or Saturday of every tourny he played in last year. I'm with ya, I kind of hope he wins just so I don't have to hear that garbage every week.
I can hear it already, you trying to toe both sides of the line. That's cool, maybe you should also pick a few others to sort of backhandedly say you want to win so that when it happens you can say, "see I told you I was a fan and was hoping for that". Weak TC....very weak.

I can hear it already, you trying to toe both sides of the line. That's cool, maybe you should also pick a few others to sort of backhandedly say you want to win so that when it happens you can say, "see I told you I was a fan and was hoping for that". Weak TC....very weak.

Nope, not weak. You can certainly go back and you can see that I've consistently made the same arguments and said the same things over and over. Is good Tiger good for golf? Hell yes. Do I think that he'll be as dominant as he once was? Not a chance. He just doesn't have it mentally like he use to. There's a kink in his armor and that's that guys no longer fear him.

To be quite honest, it is exhausting hearing the same things week in and week out when he shoots a decent round of golf. I wish his fanboys could just admit that maybe, just maybe he will not be what he once was, b/c he won't. Time will tell, I'm not hiding from anything, and if he proves me wrong, great for him, great for golf, and great for you and others who believe so much in him.

Is there a correlation with how tiger plays and how busy a golf course is for that week or two? Just wondering.

The real question is do we pick him for our fantasy team? I don't know if he is back to his winning ways, but surely he is good for making the cut.

Like him or hate him, I think picking him for the team is a no-brainer. If people picked Daly and Duval last week, how can you leave Tiger off your team if you are trying to win this thing? He may not/probably not win, but I say he makes the cut at least. He's one guy you can put in place of a sleeper pick.

Nope, not weak. You can certainly go back and you can see that I've consistently made the same arguments and said the same things over and over. Is good Tiger good for golf? Hell yes. Do I think that he'll be as dominant as he once was? Not a chance. He just doesn't have it mentally like he use to. There's a kink in his armor and that's that guys no longer fear him.

To be quite honest, it is exhausting hearing the same things week in and week out when he shoots a decent round of golf. I wish his fanboys could just admit that maybe, just maybe he will not be what he once was, b/c he won't. Time will tell, I'm not hiding from anything, and if he proves me wrong, great for him, great for golf, and great for you and others who believe so much in him.

No one feared him when he showed up at Augusta as a 22 year old and won by 12 strokes either.

Frankly, it's just as tiring hearing the same anti-Tiger negativity week in and week out as well.

IMO you're under-estimating him and I would bet heavily that he will be the dominant player on tour this year. The key ingredient that I think gets over-looked is not whether other players fear him - I doubt he cares one lick about that; it's WILL. Many players like to win and some work hard to win, but I don't believe any work harder (so says Haney and many TV announcers) or want it more - especially now that he's got nothing else and winning is his only way to distance himself from the events of the past 14 months.

Hey Everyone, come and see how good I look!

I'm excited for Tiger's return and I believe my fanhood to be at the level of P4B! I will be cheering for him every week. My wife hates what he did off course but she still ADAMANTLY cheers for him every time we see him play. As do I!

Go Low Tiger!

I know I still fear Tiger.

Frankly, it's just as tiring hearing the same anti-Tiger negativity week in and week out as well.

Yeah amazing when some people stop being fans when they find out an entire image has been made up and they have been force fed stuff that was not true. Amazing.

Any time a player falls flat regardless of the player, we hear the same thing. The die hards say he's back. The non-die hards say they are not sure and will wait to see if he can finally prove it. Go back and read the threads last year on tournaments. EVERY time he posted a low score, we heard the same thing. Then vanished when he "crumbled" or did not get it done.

Will he get it back? Who knows. Nobody really. But we do know right now is that his diehards are screaming louder than ever because a lot more people have shifted away from that base over the last 12 months and the man that got fans based on performance, did not perform to his standards.

I swear I think his fans do not actually read the posts that some are making and instead believe people are attacking him.

Back