2011 FootJoy DryJoys Tour™ Sweepstakes

johndeere10

Banned
Reaction score
DryJoys Tour is the latest performance category from FootJoy, the #1 Shoe in Golf and #1 Shoe on every tour worldwide. Following several years of development driven by tour player insight, DryJoys Tour deliver the comfort, flexibility and waterproof performance that players at all levels have come to expect from the DryJoys® brand while integrating dramatically enhanced Tour-caliber stability features.

Featuring the next generation Tri-Density TPU Stability PODS™ outsole, DryJoys Tour shoes provide the stability and performance required to compete on the tour's most demanding courses. Blended seamlessly with traditional upper styling crafted from the finest premium leathers, this new category surpasses the expectations of even the most discernible tour players.

DryJoys Tour - Built for the Tour That Inspired Them.

Visit DryJoys Tour Microsite .:
Enter the sweepstakes by filling out the form below. When complete, click "Submit" to be entered into the contest.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.

http://www.footjoy.com/contest/2011dryjoystour/entry.asp

Thanks JD!

I think Tim Clark should be the spokesman of this contest.

JB this was FJ Staff (Chris Garrett) reply to the blister issue:

"I received some more information on this topic and wanted to share with everyone. Whenever a player joins the FootJoy team, we conduct a thorough shoe fitting. Most players have a good idea of their shoe size but since every manufacturer's shoes fit differently, it's important to get an accurate size and to learn about any pre-existing foot issues. Tim's situation provided a unique challenge. Our reps last saw him in the fall and could not work with him since he was under agreement with another company. They could only communicate via email in the time leading up to Kapalua and could not arrange a proper fitting until he arrived in Hawaii. He was sent shoes in sizes 8.5 medium and wide based on conversations and put the wides into play. Unfortunately it appears the wides were too big. An improperly fitting shoe is the leading cause of foot blisters. That combined with the demanding course conditions at Kapalua and the soggy conditions at the Sony Open during the marathon tournament format most likely led to Tim's blisters. FootJoy has been and will be the #1 shoe in golf and on every major tour around the world for many years. More of the worlds best players rely on FootJoy for the ultimate in comfort, performance and style. Finding the best shoes and size for Tim Clark is and will be a top priority, as it is with every player. We look forward to working with him now and in the future to ensure he has the best fitting FJ products in his quest for another PGA Tour victory. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Chris"

Three things stand out for me in that.

Tim Clark wears an 8.5?
What does that say about the general public ordering online then?
So far thankfully no blisters for me in 2 rounds with the tours.

Thanks for the heads up

KentwoolTour socks saw this too and has sent socks to Clark. However, I asked them would their socks stop blisters (they have a blister guarantee) if someone isn't wearing correct size and they said no. They might help now with comfort during recovery but there is no help with shoes that don't fit other than not wearing them anymore.

I had a pair of Classic Tours that were the same size as all my others than rubbed my heels so badly. I tried thicker socks, heel cushions, and even tying them as tight as possible but they still rubbed my heels. I stupidly wore them when walked Kiawah (Ocean Course) and about had to walk barefoot the back 9 for pain I was in. Took them off after the round and has blisters on heels, top of my feet, and even sides. I sold them the next day!

KentwoolTour socks saw this too and has sent socks to Clark. However, I asked them would their socks stop blisters (they have a blister guarantee) if someone isn't wearing correct size and they said no. They might help now with comfort during recovery but there is no help with shoes that don't fit other than not wearing them anymore.

Now I am a little confused. If the number one cause of blisters is wrong size, then how is a blister guarantee really a guarantee? Not trying to be argumentative just generally confused. FJ just said:

"An improperly fitting shoe is the leading cause of foot blisters."

And Kentwool socks have a guarantee against blisters as part of their marketing, how can a guarantee be an actual guarantee if they wont cover the leading cause of blisters? I mean I get that it wouldn't really be their fault, but wouldn't that make the entire thing kind of weird? All they would have to say is that "well the shoes were not ideal".

I don't know the answer to that. Kentwool didn't see FJ response since that was posted in FJ Community forum but I let them know that was the reason they claim for blisters were too wide shoe before they shipped the socks.

I had the same thought as yours when I asked them that question though. Well if they would prevent blisters not how their guarantee would be challenged if that was the case. I really don't know how they would handle that depending on if someone didn't have the correct size shoe and how they would determine if it was the shoe or socks fault.

Thanks for posting this~!

Thanks I'm in!

thanks!

Thanks for the heads up!!!!!!!!

Thanks. Entered.

I am entered. I am just a little leary how the Dryjoys look with shorts. As I rarely play in pants.

Thanks for the link! I am in.

Thanks for the heads up!

I'm in!!

I think Tim Clark should be the spokesman of this contest.

Tim Clark, or Rex Ryan and His Wife?

Either way I'm in!

cool, i'm in.

thanks for the link. i'm in, could use a new pair shoes, my cleats are coming apart at the seams and stained from previous applications of shoe glue. of course if i get new shoes, i won't be able to blame bad shots on slippage, it's not my fault i duck hooked it, foot slipped in the busted shoe :D

Thanks Im on it,

Back