TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

hi sjf25-
Did you have the fitting done at the Bolton site?
Thanks.
Tim

Hi Tim,
I did. Ask for Steve. He was great!

This was played by a couple of the Sligo guys today and they were VERY impressed. One of them wanted to leave with it.

Did they tinker with the settings much or was it played at neutral? I assume they adapted to the color quickly then

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

They played it at neutral and the white did not bother them at all. In fact one of them said he forget it was white after about 4 holes.

Is there any reason to get an actual R11 shaft vs. an R9 shaft to go in the R11 head? I may have found a good deal on a head only (non-TP but I don't think there is a difference in the heads). Looking at the HD6 from the R9. Any difference in look or performance?

Hi Yahtzee, I was told that the R9 shafts will fit in the R11 and the TP means only an upgrade in the shaft.
Is there any reason to get an actual R11 shaft vs. an R9 shaft to go in the R11 head? I may have found a good deal on a head only (non-TP but I don't think there is a difference in the heads). Looking at the HD6 from the R9. Any difference in look or performance?

Isn't the labeling on the fitting different? Think the shaft is identical to last years?

I'm glad that this one is liked.

Isn't the labeling on the fitting different? Think the shaft is identical to last years?

The labeling on the adapter is completely different.

Had the chance to try out Jrod's R9 3W today (set to open and X-Stiff shaft, which is about twice as stiff as I need) and was amazed how easy it was to hit. I was no good directionally speaking due to the shaft, but I loved the head. I'm REALLY looking forward to demoing the R11. I need a 3W that I can count on.

Had the chance to try out Jrod's R9 3W today (set to open and X-Stiff shaft, which is about twice as stiff as I need) and was amazed how easy it was to hit. I was no good directionally speaking due to the shaft, but I loved the head. I'm REALLY looking forward to demoing the R11. I need a 3W that I can count on.

I'm with you hawk. I have never hit a 3 wood that i like or have any confidence in, but I am hoping the Outing will find me a 3 wood that I love. R11 is at the top of my list.

The R9 3 wood is most likely the best one I have ever hit.

Do you know how the settings line up on each tip between the two clubs?

I have not tried to put another shaft in the R11 yet.

Taylormade CEO Mark King was born and raised in Green Bay, so you know who he is rooting for tomorrow. Go Pack.

Taylormade r11 Midnight release?

Taylormade r11 Midnight release?

Just spoke to a coworker, he got an invitation in the mail yesterday to attend Golf Galaxy's midnight release of the R11. I guess its technically 2/4/11 just at 12:00 am. Its an invitation for a "select" few to try out the new driver on their launch monitor. (BTW I like the words launch monitor. Kind of feels like my drives are a threat to national security or something.)

Sounds like fun and the invite is a +1 so i'll take some pics for you guys. I called my local GG and they said they sent out 20 invites and WERE taking another 15 reservations by phone for the midnight release so if you got a GG by where you live I'ld get on the phone right away and make the call.

Merged with R11 thread.

Have fun, I would go it they did that here.

FYI on shaft tips:

Operates EXACTLY the same, but different verbage printed on it.

R9..... R11.....
N = Standard Loft
NU = Standard Loft Upright
L = +1 degree more loft
R = -1 degree less loft

Between N & L = +0.5 degree more loft
Between N & R = -0.5 degree less loft

This is for RIGHT HAND golfers.

JB I see in your sig that it has the R11 as your 3 wood, has it officially knocked the superfast out of your bag?

Guys I think the adjustability of this driver is phenomenal. Yes adjustability has been here, but not like this.

Someone, JB, tell me if I'm right or wrong but the fact that you can change loft without affecting lie means that I can get a 9 degree driver and adjust it up to a 10 in an attempt to get more carry? That's pretty awesome if you ask me. The customization seems so top notch with this one.

Back