Stupid Golf Commercials

Those slazenger commercials are terrible, and studies have shown that annoying commercials that are supposed to "stick in your head" don't actually work. I hate both of them, the screaming guy, and the guy walking up to the green and then asks someone else to bring his putter. Go get your own putter ya douche.

Those slazenger commercials are terrible, and studies have shown that annoying commercials that are supposed to "stick in your head" don't actually work. I hate both of them, the screaming guy, and the guy walking up to the green and then asks someone else to bring his putter. Go get your own putter ya douche.

Hey!!! I got in trouble for that word...

Hey!!! I got in trouble for that word...

No, you got in trouble for calling a forum member (a mod at that) a douche. Big difference dude.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

No, you got in trouble for calling a forum member (a mod at that) a douche. Big difference dude.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

No I called One T that (don't believe he is a mod) and he thought it was funny... The mod i called something else entirely:angel::angel::angel:

Reactions: JB
No I called One T that (don't believe he is a mod) and he thought it was funny... The mod i called something else entirely:angel::angel::angel:

ah, my bad, but One-T is my brother, and I call him that all the time, but i've got almost 30 years with him.

I don't care for the Dick's commercials for another reason all together. Some of their ads claim that they are experts and that they can do fittings and I've never had great customer service from the local Dick's. I wouldn't trust them one bit.

How about the new Slazenger commercial? With the guy running around screaming the whole time? That commercial makes me want to break the TV. One of the worst commercials of all time.

OEM Kevin

I just saw this and after 2 times i now have to mute the TV on commercial breaks.

ah, my bad, but One-T is my brother, and I call him that all the time, but i've got almost 30 years with him.

I don't care for the Dick's commercials for another reason all together. Some of their ads claim that they are experts and that they can do fittings and I've never had great customer service from the local Dick's. I wouldn't trust them one bit.

I think the Dick's commercial does exacty what they want, and that is for you remember them. As far as their experts, I have a friend who is truly a duffer, he has never hit a ball over 15 feet high even with a wedge and he rolls as many shots as he gets in the air. He was "fitted" for a driver at Dick's and he is perfectly happy with it. I have a feeling a great number of their fittings are for people who go in looking for a particular make or model that they stock. JMHO

I remember the commercials which is why I remember not to shop there. :arrogant:

I think they know exactly how annoying their commercial is, and thats probably why they went with it. Without that annoying commercial, would we be talking about Slazenger at all?...
Problem is, I usually remember the incredibly annoying commercials, but not what they were advertising....just that they were incredibly annoying commercials. If I was Slazenger, I wouldn't want people thinking of a jumping, screaming, incredibly annoying moron every time they looked at a box of our golf balls.

Problem is, I usually remember the incredibly annoying commercials, but not what they were advertising....just that they were incredibly annoying commercials. If I was Slazenger, I wouldn't want people thinking of a jumping, screaming, incredibly annoying moron every time they looked at a box of our golf balls.

This may not be the best place to mention this- but everytime I see one of your posts I cringe. I spend my entire life trying to avoid snowmans and everytime I see your screen name I get a little queasy.

:alien:

I just saw this and after 2 times i now have to mute the TV on commercial breaks.

Im with you, I hate it and find it super annoying. I now hate Slazenger too and will never play with thier balls. lol

I have yet to see these ads. I DVR everything. I might have to watch now

This may not be the best place to mention this- but everytime I see one of your posts I cringe. I spend my entire life trying to avoid snowmans and everytime I see your screen name I get a little queasy.
I've wondered why I seem to be a thread killer and rarely get replied to - I thought it was just because I wasn't part of the "in crowd" here. Maybe I should change it to "Number Nine".

I've wondered why I seem to be a thread killer and rarely get replied to - I thought it was just because I wasn't part of the "in crowd" here. Maybe I should change it to "Number Nine".

Nah!
You aren't a thread killer either. Not that I have noticed anyways... :)

so... about those dicks commercials.

Anyone see the Wilson Staff commercial with Ricky Barnes? Not as annoying as the Dicks commercials...

I'm just happy that there is some variety so far this year. Maybe I won't have to watch those four sweaty chubs spinning around in the air anymore as golf demigod Trevor Immelman whimsically changes their outfits. I must've seen that damn commercial 10,000 times last year. Or the same three Titleist golf ball commercials over and over and over.

I have to agree that I think the annoying, tough guy approach is what Slazenger is going for. Therefore if you don't like it, it's not the commercials you probably think they should change, but their branding as a whole. (Edit: I take that back. Perhaps they could achieve the tough guy, long ball brand without being so annoying.)

I was thinking, what can a golf company do to differentiate? To get noticed? And two commercials come to mind. The Rocco Mediate - Callaway commercial when he was hitting balls out of the trailer. That was a good one and it got the point across in entertaining fashion. Also, the new R11 commercial is catchy in my opinion. It shows that it's different (obviously) and might make you notice it on tour if you don't already.

As far as Dicks Sportings Goods' commercials, I like the commercials about other sports. Just not the current golf spot.

the annoying guy doesnt bother me as much as the guys bombing the green

Just looked at the commercial again. This is NOT a commercial for Dick's but for the ball. Dick's, Golf Galaxy and other stores are mentioned at the end of the ad where to purchase the ball.

Just looked at the commercial again. This is NOT a commercial for Dick's but for the ball. Dick's, Golf Galaxy and other stores are mentioned at the end of the ad where to purchase the ball.

Yeah thats already been stated and is known. Its just an annoying commercial so it got mentioned here by myself.

You may have stated it and it may be known but alot of people were still bashing the store on this thread.

or wear their clothes...not that I did anyway but now, no way lol
Im with you, I hate it and find it super annoying. I now hate Slazenger too and will never play with thier balls. lol

You may have stated it and it may be known but alot of people were still bashing the store on this thread.

If you say so but I dont agree. People have been bashing Dicks because they dont like the Dicks commercial. All the comments about the Slazenger commercial with the guy screaming have about Slazenger. Peoples opinions no reason to worked up about it just like there was no reason to get overworked about the Cobra S3 thread.

Back