Volvo Tournament of Champions - Bahrain

Paul Casey appears to have so much tension in his forearms before he swings a club. Especially with driver. Works for him, though. Really good player, powerful as hell.

Kevin

I can only guess. If I was to guess, I think he may have taken some advice. He may be more comfortable in Europe, and has the ability to go low, but relies a lot on confidence in his game. Too many times he puts a couple of bad holes together and you can't do that with the quality of the fields now. Perhaps he's decided to have a couple of seasons of trying to grab some good results and convince himself he's good enough?

Why should he necessarily want to play there once he's good enough?

Yeah, it's amazing to think that just a couple of years ago he was #2 in the world. Goes to show how fickle of a game golf is I guess.

I have mentioned this before in other threads but the difference between #1 in scoring average and #100 in scoring average is 1.2 strokes.
Not only is golf fickle but the competition is really darn stiff. Drop your average .3 strokes a round and you drop 20 spots in scoring average...

Why should he necessarily want to play there once he's good enough?

One, he's tried and failed before. Wants to prove himself.
Two, money.
Three, why should he not? I don't know how the guy thinks, do you?

One, he's tried and failed before. Wants to prove himself.
Two, money.
Three, why should he not? I don't know how the guy thinks, do you?

Are you talking about Sergio? I seem to be blinded by the civil unrest and possible fireworks between two Euros. You two don't let me down now, I'm enjoying this.

Anyone have a video of MAJ breaking his putter?

Did not see one but here is one of Monty & Clarke messing with him after the fact, and MAJ making a relatively long putt for birdie with the wedge.

Are you talking about Sergio? I seem to be blinded by the civil unrest and possible fireworks between two Euros. You two don't let me down now, I'm enjoying this.

Catch up man! Johan Edfors. Had a solid tournament this week, and I do tend to venture opinions, so that was one! :D

Great win for Casey, he needed that. It was very tight all day at the top, and I was pulling for Stephen Gallcher, but it wasn't to be.
Horrible to see Darren Clarke throw away his chances at 13 (I think), by fluffing 2 chips in a row at the back of the green.

Good win for Casey,grats! Now I just need Westwood to get back to form.

Really fancy Casey for a major this year. Maybe the US.

he and poulter have been in top form on twitter lately. on the golf course not so much. am i the only one who thinks poulter whines a little to much about the greens? it seems like he's always complaining about something and it's usually the greens

he and poulter have been in top form on twitter lately. on the golf course not so much. am i the only one who thinks poulter whines a little to much about the greens? it seems like he's always complaining about something and it's usually the greens

yeah, he's a whiney little thing, especially for as much crap as he gives on twitter. around here, some of us refer to him as #12, you know, b/c he calls tiger #2 and things like that. one of our day time forum members was blocked on twitter by #12 b/c he couldn't take some of the grief we were giving him.

yeah, he's a whiney little thing, especially for as much crap as he gives on twitter. around here, some of us refer to him as #12, you know, b/c he calls tiger #2 and things like that. one of our day time forum members was blocked on twitter by #12 b/c he couldn't take some of the grief we were giving him.

Wow he blocked Kevin? So weak. I thought better of him.

Back