JNRadio

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone had any experience with ASICS golf shoes? They've made great running shoes for years and they announced they were getting into golf last year, but so far I've only seen them at Golf Galaxy's website (not in the local store) and a few other online shoes stores.

I hate to buy shoes with 1st trying them on, some brands run small or tight etc... Does anyone have them?

Sweet looking shoes though;

GEL-Ace Tour MSRP $130
P017Y_0190M.jpg

P017Y_0194M.jpg

GEL-Ace MSRP $170
P016Y_0193M.jpg

P016Y_9093M.jpg

P016Y_0184M.jpg

GEL-Linksmaster MSRP $100
P032Y_0193M.jpg

P032Y_9093M.jpg

I like the look of those , I would wear them ! They Look comfortable to me .

If they are anything like their running shoes they will be very comfy. Always loved ASICS for their snug fit in the heel and a wide toe box.

It's just strange that they put out a press release (March 3, 2010) telling everyone that they were getting into the golf game, produced several lines of shoes then have done just about zero to promote the shoes.

I've never seen ads for them in any golf publications, or on the golf channel etc... I don't believe they had any presence at the PGA show, I only found them when doing some searches for new running shoes. Seems like someone is dropping the ball (or rather shoe) in their promotion dept...

I don't know either - I had no idea they had a line! I also am a big Asics running shoe fan. I'd bet they're comfortable - just a question of sizing. If you shop at Zappos, they have them - free shipping on returns in case you don't like them or the sizing is wrong. But Zappos is pricier than other on-line retailers usually.

Asics are awesome shoes. Not sure about the golf shoes though.

never knew asics made golf shoes, they are nice looking

I saw a pair of these online somewhere, but have not seen any in person. I think they are a nice looking pair of shoes. The heal looks a little clunky but overall I'd consider them for my next pair of golf shoes. At this point I'd settle for anything other than the winter boots I am wearing. NW Pennsylvania can't warm up soon enough.

Happy Golfing!

They look good, and I'm sure they work well. Don't think they could get the Nike's off my feet but I bet they are comfy.

I saw a pair of these online somewhere, but have not seen any in person. I think they are a nice looking pair of shoes. The heal looks a little clunky but overall I'd consider them for my next pair of golf shoes. At this point I'd settle for anything other than the winter boots I am wearing. NW Pennsylvania can't warm up soon enough.

Happy Golfing!

I hear ya about the snow....enough is enough! We set a snowfall record this month for the heaviest snowfall in a month in the last 120 years. I saw these at Dick's last summer. They look better in person. I called ASICS to check on the availability of 4E widths, that's what I wear in their running shoes, and they said they'll be available in Oct/Nov. I guess I'll have to wait.

i like these, but just like the op, I hate to buy without trying shoes

Moved to Golf Style

Moved to Golf Style

Yeah wasn't really sure if shoes shoes were "Golf Equipment" or "Golf Style". I think they are equipment that can also have style, they certainly have more function than shirts, pants/shorts, socks etc...

Bought a pair of these today in white/silver, Gel-Ace. Wore them on the course today and so far I like them, a lot! Very comfortable and stable. Feel like I could walk miles in them.

I haven't tried these on but they look really good and I could get them at a decent price, but I'm worried about the heel as they seem a bit high off the ground. Did you notice anything like that wearing these Vegan?

Has anyone had any experience with ASICS golf shoes? They've made great running shoes for years and they announced they were getting into golf last year, but so far I've only seen them at Golf Galaxy's website (not in the local store) and a few other online shoes stores.

I hate to buy shoes with 1st trying them on, some brands run small or tight etc... Does anyone have them?

Sweet looking shoes though;

GEL-Ace Tour MSRP $130
P017Y_0190M.jpg

P017Y_0194M.jpg

GEL-Ace MSRP $170
P016Y_0193M.jpg

P016Y_9093M.jpg

P016Y_0184M.jpg

GEL-Linksmaster MSRP $100
P032Y_0193M.jpg

P032Y_9093M.jpg

I have been wearing these shoes for over a year. They fit like a glove, give excellent support and traction. They are relatively lite and extremely comfortable. I have flat feet so traditional golf shoes do not provide the fit it need. I wore Nike running and golf shoes for years. Switched to Asics running shoes 1.5 hrs ago with great results. I saw Shingo wear them at the Masters a few years back and had been searching for them for years. I found two pair at Golf Galaxy and out both pair. Not sure I'll switch unless.
My legs used to get tired after 15 holes with footjoy and Nike.(both with great style) I wish I could sport the traditional shoe but I was blessed with out any arch in my feet. Try a pair on and walk around the store, you may be surprised.

Bought a pair of these today in white/silver, Gel-Ace. Wore them on the course today and so far I like them, a lot! Very comfortable and stable. Feel like I could walk miles in them.

Next time try running on the course, they feel great! I actually do more walking now instead of riding. This is the pair I bought twice

4af47ccf-0809-1212.jpg

I haven't tried these on but they look really good and I could get them at a decent price, but I'm worried about the heel as they seem a bit high off the ground. Did you notice anything like that wearing these Vegan?

No, I didn't. In fact I was concerned about the high look of them, but I guess when you put them your weight compresses them a bit. I can say you do feel higher off the ground when I wear my Adidas 4.0s though. My Adidas were good shoes, however, the insides of them started tearing in the heel after about 4 months. Not a big deal, but after awhile it would wear on my heel as there was just the sock and then the shoe leather.

Next time try running on the course, they feel great! I actually do more walking now instead of riding. This is the pair I bought twice

4af47ccf-0809-1212.jpg

Almost bought them with the orange trim, but decided to go more low key. :)

Bam! Epic thread bump!!

Do the golf shoes fit the same as the running shoes?

Anybody other than Hideki wear these in tour?

Anybody other than Hideki wear these in tour?

Not that I know of. I've completely dropped every running shoe except for asics and if their golf shoes are half as comfortable they will be fantastic.

Bam! Epic thread bump!!

Do the golf shoes fit the same as the running shoes?

I think they are a little tighter, but I took my pair to a shoe repair place and had them stretch them out. They only had medium widths, and wide fit me better is Asics shoes. But I think I would probably want to stretch out a pair of wides too.

I got mine a month or so ago because of another thread on THP: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?96737-Favorite-Company-NOT-Making-Golf-Shoes

I got this pair for 59 bucks on AMazon. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B003OYIRI6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
asics-mens-gel-linksmaster-golf-shoe-blacksilvergunmetal-grey13-m-pictures-1-500x400.jpg

I think they are a little tighter, but I took my pair to a shoe repair place and had them stretch them out. They only had medium widths, and wide fit me better is Asics shoes. But I think I would probably want to stretch out a pair of wides too.

I got mine a month or so ago because of another thread on THP: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?96737-Favorite-Company-NOT-Making-Golf-Shoes

I got this pair for 59 bucks on AMazon. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B003OYIRI6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
asics-mens-gel-linksmaster-golf-shoe-blacksilvergunmetal-grey13-m-pictures-1-500x400.jpg

Those are the ones I'm looking at. I'm impressed that someone from Kansas City got shoes that are black and silver.

Are they comfortable enough to recommend?

Those are the ones I'm looking at. I'm impressed that someone from Kansas City got shoes that are black and silver.

Are they comfortable enough to recommend?

I like them. Like I said I had to stretch them out, but now they are good to go.

Back