Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep you need a gap wedge. I had my 52* bent to 50*

Yeah I was going to wait for the CG16's but I might have to bite for a 52/58 CG15 set. The wife will love that.

I have to say that it didn't look like a players club. The white really makes it seem bigger

I agree. It doesn't look small at address like the 910 D3, the VR Pro, or i15.

Some might get more response if the R11 talk went into the R11 thread rather than here.

As for whether it is a "players" driver? I think it is. I dont find it all that forgiving. Its smaller than 460cc. And its far lower spin than most forgiving drivers.

I think that pretty much dictates its a players driver.

I didn't realize that spin was a determining factor in whether it was a players club or not. I will say the ST had much higher spin for me though. Learn something new everyday.

Thinking of buying a Cleveland Tour Cart Bag. Any ideas on how these work out? Will mostly be used on a Bag Boy push cart.

I didn't realize that spin was a determining factor in whether it was a players club or not. I will say the ST had much higher spin for me though. Learn something new everyday.

I dont necessarily think it has to be. However when coupled with the other traits its paired with I think it falls right in line. Just as the R9 did before it. Then we saw the 460 and ST versions to match up better with many golfers.

I dont necessarily think it has to be. However when coupled with the other traits its paired with I think it falls right in line. Just as the R9 did before it. Then we saw the 460 and ST versions to match up better with many golfers.

JB, I don't know if this is the place for this, but you have said before that TM is not coming out with any more driver releases for 2011 so are they just going to be going with the R11 for better players and the Superfast 2.0 more for amateurs? Seems like a pretty small lineup compared to last year with the 460, SuperTri, SuperDeep ect.. Are they still going to be producing the Supertri as an option for the lower spin golfer?

JB, I don't know if this is the place for this, but you have said before that TM is not coming out with any more driver releases for 2011 so are they just going to be going with the R11 for better players and the Superfast 2.0 more for amateurs? Seems like a pretty small lineup compared to last year with the 460, SuperTri, SuperDeep ect.. Are they still going to be producing the Supertri as an option for the lower spin golfer?

I have? I dont remember saying that.

I have? I dont remember saying that.

I may be wrong I just thought I say you post in a thread somewhere that there are not going to be any more TM driver releases this year. If this is incorrect then you answered my question.

I may be wrong I just thought I say you post in a thread somewhere that there are not going to be any more TM driver releases this year. If this is incorrect then you answered my question.

I said that last year after the SuperTri release. Everybody said something else will be out in a couple of months and it was not the case.

My local golf store has a super bowl sale every year, 20% off clubs. I would really like to check out some irons - but funds aren't agreeing, haha.

I said that last year after the SuperTri release. Everybody said something else will be out in a couple of months and it was not the case.

Ok, that makes sense then. It didn't make sense to me that this was all they were going to offer this year considering all the options they have given in the past year.

My local golf store has a super bowl sale every year, 20% off clubs. I would really like to check out some irons - but funds aren't agreeing, haha.

I picked up a TM Spider Vicino for 100 bucks brand spanking new. I couldn't resist the reduced price.

I'm pondering the new cleveland drivers. I hit the 290 and the 310 and they are beasts. I loved the Miyazaki shafts, the ball flight I was seeing, the feel of the shaft and the sound of the ball off the face. It just felt hot and the sound was great, is it bad to sell my SuperTri and get one of these before the outing. Well ok it's probably bad but is it really really bad?

Coolbreeze I look at it this way. If you like something better at the outing you will have a newer club to sell which would bring more money toward buying the new club after the outing. Plus if you really love the shaft you can then take it out of the Cleveland driver and just find a head on the Bay.

Coolbreeze I look at it this way. If you like something better at the outing you will have a newer club to sell which would bring more money toward buying the new club after the outing. Plus if you really love the shaft you can then take it out of the Cleveland driver and just find a head on the Bay.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar and a bad influence :D

Cleveland Mashie 18* and 23* (The OCD side of me would like for that to be 22* so I would have 4* gaps between clubs, but I think I can live with it regardless).

Cleveland Mashie 18* and 23* (The OCD side of me would like for that to be 22* so I would have 4* gaps between clubs, but I think I can live with it regardless).

Assume buys, I'm waiting for mine to come from Blind9Golf and the wait is killing me.

Assume buys, I'm waiting for mine to come from Blind9Golf and the wait is killing me.

Try having to wait for two mashies, an S3, and a new niblick...the suspense is maddening! lol

The site has got me SO jacked up about the mashies its insane, you know what I mean!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try having to wait for two mashies, an S3, and a new niblick...the suspense is maddening! lol

The site has got me SO jacked up about the mashies its insane, you know what I mean!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a lot of stuff to be waiting for but I feel your pain. I have mashie fever and the cure is somewhere in California waiting to get on a plane.

Thats a lot of stuff to be waiting for but I feel your pain. I have mashie fever and the cure is somewhere in California waiting to get on a plane.

Indeed. I cannot wait until we all start getting them, will be mashie thread chaos...and that thread is already GIGANTIC lol.

Chicken or the egg, SuperDeep TP?

I've spent the last few months building my hockey gear collection, but now that we're in February, I've got that itch again to finally complete my golf bag. I've got open spots in the 3wood and hybrid slots, and have really been pondering whether some of this new technology is going to blow away the previous competition, or whether I should finally pull the trigger on an r9 3wood and an Adams pro black hybrid.

Good thing I've got a couple months to figure it out before my golf season starts again! I'm sick of feeling stir crazy!

I'm pondering the new cleveland drivers. I hit the 290 and the 310 and they are beasts. I loved the Miyazaki shafts, the ball flight I was seeing, the feel of the shaft and the sound of the ball off the face. It just felt hot and the sound was great, is it bad to sell my SuperTri and get one of these before the outing. Well ok it's probably bad but is it really really bad?

Yes. There is absolutely NO reason to buy a driver when in two months you will get to hit all the drivers and even take them to the course.

Absolutely ridiculous

Chicken or the egg, SuperDeep TP?

Came out the same time as the SuperTri.

JB I never said my thinking was sane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back