Coachfrizz

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.0
I had already bought clubs(tm 2.0 burners) and had already ordered shafts (tt dynamic gold s300), but needed the shafts put in and wanted to get fitted for the first time. The guy told me after the fitting I needed a 1/2 longer shaft and needed them bent 2* upright. He told Me bending the clubs 2* shouldn't be a problem. Anyone else had their 2.0's bent any?

I had already bought clubs(tm 2.0 burners) and had already ordered shafts (tt dynamic gold s300), but needed the shafts put in and wanted to get fitted for the first time. The guy told me after the fitting I needed a 1/2 longer shaft and needed them bent 2* upright. He told Me bending the clubs 2* shouldn't be a problem. Anyone else had their 2.0's bent any?

I'm sure a bunch of people on this site have! Club fitting is something preached about a lot on here and for good reason.

Ya I had my 4i bent. It was at 24* instead of 21* and vibrant golf fixed that with no problems. I have heard that there has been problems bending them but mine had no problems and dont see why yours would either.

TaylorMade bent mine 1.5* upright, so I know it's possible. Cast clubs are generally harder to bend. I know some shops won't even try certain makes and models.

Coach, I had mine bent but it was not done by Taylormade and if it's not done by Taylormade, if something happens to your clubs (like they break) they will not be covered. So make sure that whoever does it knows what they're doing and tell them to bend them little bits at a time. According to my local guy, they were extremely tough to bend. I stood there and watched him bend each one and in between bendings, I would hit them off the lie board until we had each iron dialed in.

At any rate, to get them a full 2* upright, they'll want to be very, very careful. Good luck.

I think I would have TM bend them. My Pings are bent but I had Ping do it when I bought them.

TaylorMade bent mine 1.5* upright, so I know it's possible. Cast clubs are generally harder to bend. I know some shops won't even try certain makes and models.

I would think mfrs. would have multiple "casts" rather than make them all standard and then ben them. No?

I am having them bent at golf galaxy because my local guy said he would be responsible if they broke. Golf galaxy said they would replace them if they broke.

I am having them bent at golf galaxy because my local guy said he would be responsible if they broke. Golf galaxy said they would replace them if they broke.

That's a great guarantee.

Get it in writing! Cover your A..butt

Check the cast clubs after a while. Some have found that they flex back a little to the original setting. Forged should be checked once a season after alot of play.

You shouldn't have an issue man. I have all my clubs bent after I buy them. I am also a 2* UP man. The clubs I am aware of that used to be a pain to bend are like the old callaways that had no hozel to bend. Those you have should be no problem. Just ask if they've bent clubs before and specifically the set you have. Most likely, they have. See if they have had any issues bending the type you have. Doubtful, but at least you'll know going in.

Have the exact same custom as yours down to the shafts, just different brand. I got mine through the manufactor but if you have the guarentee in writing, what do you have to loose.

got my clubs bag yesterday and they said they were only able to bend them a 1* and a 1/2*. He told me the they were really hard to bend and didnt think he could get any more out of them without breaking them. So my clubs are now a 1/2 inch longer and a degree and a half bent upright.

got my clubs bag yesterday and they said they were only able to bend them a 1* and a 1/2*. He told me the they were really hard to bend and didnt think he could get any more out of them without breaking them. So my clubs are now a 1/2 inch longer and a degree and a half bent upright.

nice, I wouldnt think that .5 is going to make or break your swing.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I hit them on the simulator and they felt could. It's amazing how much that kind of stuff helps

I would agree with the thought about being .5* off, I would guess most sets are off by at least as much.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I hit them on the simulator and they felt could. It's amazing how much that kind of stuff helps

yes it is, as long as it didnt change your ball flight you should be ok.

Back