Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Wow, this thread really started poppin again! Great reviews everyone. I'm glad mother nature was kind enough to let a few of you out.

I noticed that when I've been missing chips/pitches lately its because I don't finish my swing. Ill just chunk it and watch it fly a yard. I've mentioned a zillion times trying to learn the little pitch/chip with the Mashie and decided to give that a go this weekend. I spent a decent amount of time on it and I must say, the club didn't get stuck. Maybe it's swinging a longer club that I just can't slow down with a tiny swing? Either way, it worked beautifully for getting out of think rough and even short grass. I lack distance control right now but I'm hoping it gets worked out. Pretty soon I'm going to be able to have just an all Mashie bag with a putter.

The Mashie has to be in consideration for club of the year or something. It's amazing how 'viral' this thing has gone but the best part about it is that the results are nearly the same across all skill levels

The Mashie has to be in consideration for club of the year or something. It's amazing how 'viral' this thing has gone but the best part about it is that the results are nearly the same across all skill levels

I agree, and not just due to the amazing performance but the price. $150 at Golftown in Canada, thats crazy talk, I felt like I was stealing.

it was clearly the club of the demo day. I'm really interested to see how everyone's results are during the season. By the sounds of it, there will be plenty in play as far as THP members go.

Dear Mashie blog,

I haven't the faintest idea how people hit the club with a 59 gram shaft in it. It felt like I was swinging the golf club version of invisible ink. I thank the great googlie moogile that two lovely 83's shall be winging their way to me.

I hope I shall not have my heart broken yet again. Yet for now, there is still hope for us and for our future together. Counting the days until we're together at last..

Signed, a long time Mashie admirer

Ditto.

Yeah I'm going be sorta dissappointed in myself with the number of times I might actually get to use my Mashie on the course. In last 4 rounds I've used my hybrid 1 time. Maybe the 18 degree will be close enough in distance to replace my 3wd too!

That is what I'm hoping JD. I got the 18* as well

That is what I'm hoping JD. I got the 18* as well

I have the 18* coming and really no matter what happens its taking the woods out of my bag.

FYI......If your looking to order a Mashie, Golfsmith has a 10% off & free shipping promo going and it accepts all Cleveland clubs.

You all have sold me - just placed my order for both a M2 and M3 from Blind9. Not sure exactly how I want the top end of my bag to be structured once these arrive, but I'll figure it out.

You all have sold me - just placed my order for both a M2 and M3 from Blind9. Not sure exactly how I want the top end of my bag to be structured once these arrive, but I'll figure it out.

Nice AD!! More mashies sold due to THP!!

good call AD. Kinda hard to ignore the same, consistent thoughts from everyone isn't it?

Nice! So how many PB&J days did you have to pony up to get these suckers? :D

Mine was my #2 finally got off formula. Budget reallocation!

Nice! So how many PB&J days did you have to pony up to get these suckers? :D

Mine was my #2 finally got off formula. Budget reallocation!

No PB&J...my part of an unexpected bonus. I sure can sympathize though with one on formula and two still in diapers. It's going to feel like a nice raise when those start ending.

nice AD! can't wait to hear how they work out for you.

Alright just got back from my first driving range time with the M3. The wind right now is blowing at 61 km/hr and it was directly right to left so for a lefty golfer who fears left it was my idea of hell. Let me start by saying the club is beautiful and does not look "unfinished" Golf Digest, and for those who said have said that the mashie "like cheating", you are wrong. The Mashie is cheating!
So the sound off the face is perfect, I had a guy on each side of me at the range and both stopped and asked me what club I was hitting because they loved the sound. Ball flight was high but not balloning, it just kept going further and further. This hybrid is 1.5* weaker than my burner 3 hybrid and based on what I was seeing even in the crazy wind, the Mashie was longer. I hit a small bucket today cause the wind was crazy but of those 45 balls, I hit 40 perfectly and only 5 were stuck poorly, (fat), and even then it flew straight but just not very far. The Winn lite grip I installed on it performed great and did not effect the swing weight at all as I was trying to match the grip weight of the stock grip. Its hard for me to say whether or not this club will eliminate the left side of the golf course for me as the wind was taking everything to the left but I purposely hit a slice into the wind to see what it would do in the wind compared to the ball flight I was seeing on well struck shots and I can say that it was going dead straight if not drawing a little which I never do. If the wind dies down I am going to try and get to the range again today, but I have come away very impressed and due to the reviews this club was getting it had some high hopes to live it up and it blew all the hype away. Best hybrid I have ever hit and its not even close. Now I am even more anxious for the M2 to come, so I can get those Dang fairway woods out of the bag for good.

My Mashie Experience

My Mashie Experience

The mashie is talked about on here like it's the savior of all hybrids. So my level of anticipation was extremely high for me to try this club. Not only because it has received such high marks by everyone on here but because I am in the market for a new hybrid. I didn't have a ton of time but I gave it a try on a launch monitor against the Adams A7 and the new Titleist 910h.

I almost expected the Mashie to destroy the competition but I was somewhat disappointed. I wanted so badly for this club to be wonderful but it really wasn't. I found it to be about 5-10 yards shorter than both the other hybrids and I wasn't nearly as accurate with it. For some reason it felt kind of dead to me, a muted feel with no real pop to it. Hope this doesn't discourage anyone from buying because everyone likes something a little different but just thought I would give my experience with the club.

I thought about putting this in the mashie testing thread but there was about 16000 posts in that so it could get lost pretty easily.

what other hybrids were you comparing it to?

not every club works the same for the same person. Good job going out to hit it and compare it as well

A7 & 910h

Distance isn't that important to me. Accuracy loss is very dissapointing to hear. Can you provide any other numbers? I'm curious about launch angle and spin specifically as my hybrids have a max and min range i need to cover.

Merged with mashie tester thread.

good thing you tried it before buying. hope u find the 1 that works best for you

The mashie is talked about on here like it's the savior of all hybrids. So my level of anticipation was extremely high for me to try this club. Not only because it has received such high marks by everyone on here but because I am in the market for a new hybrid. I didn't have a ton of time but I gave it a try on a launch monitor against the Adams A7 and the new Titleist 910h.

I almost expected the Mashie to destroy the competition but I was somewhat disappointed. I wanted so badly for this club to be wonderful but it really wasn't. I found it to be about 5-10 yards shorter than both the other hybrids and I wasn't nearly as accurate with it. For some reason it felt kind of dead to me, a muted feel with no real pop to it. Hope this doesn't discourage anyone from buying because everyone likes something a little different but just thought I would give my experience with the club.

I thought about putting this in the mashie testing thread but there was about 16000 posts in that so it could get lost pretty easily.

well, I think the answer is that not all clubs are for everyone. They just arent. what someone else feels, sees, hears is going to be different than how you perceive it. I dont think its a negative...thanks for the honesty

Back