Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Do you also have the electricity generating igloo snow for your computer as well CB?

Fish cakes to all you and your initial order :p I imagine my shaft change might take a bit given the demand on these puppies

That I do, and it works great. Sorry you might have to wait so long for yours Tuna, but in the mean time you can sneak off too your local Golftown and just hit some in the simulator.

I finally made it out to the range today! What a beautiful day to. It is a nice 60* and sunny day. I don’t know where this came from, but I would like to thank the Ground Hog for bringing spring on. The Mashie just performed beautifully! No matter what I tried to do with it, it did a great job. It really makes me more excited about getting the M1 in next week.

Here are all the things I tried with the Mashie today.

Normal hits- I was hitting just normal 200yd-ish hits down the range. They had a small draw on them and had a long penetrating flight to them.

Low stinger- I tried hitting about 10 of these, due to the fact we are coming in to spring. We usually have some windy days in NC during the spring and I wanted to have a good shot like this in my bag. It did a great job with this. I choked up a little bit and moved the ball back in my stance. I was able to keep the ball about 30 feet all the ground and it landed about 175-190 out. It was exactly was I was wanting.

Choke down 4 iron- I choked down on the club a bit and swung away. It did just an amazing job, just like in the normal swing. Long and straight right down the range. I was landing these about 180-190-ish down the range.

Off the tee- The Mashie did a great job, but I had a bit of a hard draw the first shot. I made sure my tempo was good for the next show and there it flew right down the middle of the range. I just sat back in amazement of the awesome shot.

All in all, the Mashie just makes me feel great out on the range! I just need to work it in to my game more. This is more of a course management thing, than a Mashie problem. I am headed out tomorrow to the course and I will let you know how it goes with the Mashie.

I think I'm in Mashie Love. My M3 came into my life today ay 2pm (GMT) Via the courier van. When I opened the box not only did I find that they had sent the wrong head cover M4 and not M3 but they also sent me a 59g shaft instead of the 83g that I ordered. So I took the club into the garden to have a swing and get a feel for the shaft. It felt really nice and still had a nice swing weight so I decided to keep this one. I phoned the retailer and he's going to ship me the M3 head cover and told me to keep the M4 cover so I now have a spare. I took the club to my local driving range to give it a workout (I also took my Supertri driver and R9 3 wood). First shot with M3 swung way to fast and topped it. Said to myself come on putt a nice swing on it then Boom I nailed it straight down the middle with a tiny touch of draw (I never hit a draw just usually a little fade or straight) so I thought it must be luck put another ball down and same again. I am so glad they sent me the 59g shaft as I wanted the high ball flight but didn't want a really light weight club. The club doesnt feel light and the shaft is awesome. Every now and then I would use my driver or 3 wood but then I couldnt wait to get back to the Mashie. I didn't cut any shots with the M3 they were either straight or gentle draw. I didn't manage to hit any hooks with it even when I put a good hard swing on the ball. The worst I could mange was just a pull to the left. This club has some sort of Grin factor to it I just couldn't stop laughing to myself at how good this club is. I was able to putt it back in my stance to lower the ball flight aswell and still got that fantastic penetrating ball flight. You are all right about the sound of the club face aswell it was great. When I finished I asked the young lad in the bay next to me to have a go and see what he thought (he told me he plays off 1) he looked at the club and the shaft and said nice shaft. He then hit 2 fantastic high draw shots and said to me that is amazing where can I get one I want one. Mashie fever strikes again with 2 strikes. I'm going to play 18 holes tomorrow with it so I will report back again then. Thank you to all the testers for convincing me to buy this club I now have a great goto club in my bag when I need it. One last word Awesome!!!

I've been keeping my eye on this thread as I was going to buy the 3h & 2h in my Adams V3's but most likely will pick up one of these mashies in a 2h , plus the price point is $50 less the the V3's !

The eternal question: M1 or M2. I really need to fill the gap with a nice M2, but I crave the distance of the M1. Plus I suck at hitting my 3wood. Just how forgiving are these clubs? Will the M1 be significantly harder to hit than the M2, though I've got to imagine they're both easier to hit than a FW.

Alright everyone, so my wife and I did Valentines day today because she is going to be working Valentines day and she got me $200 for any club I want at Golftown!!!!!!! Well normally this would go towards finding the perfect driver, but that is waiting for the outing, so the question for me is M3 or M4? I'm starting to lean M3 because I can choke down and take some distance off, and I already have the M2 coming from Blind9Golf but any thoughts? I'm going to get one of them tomorrow and I'm looking for ideas.

Alright everyone, so my wife and I did Valentines day today because she is going to be working Valentines day and she got me $200 for any club I want at Golftown!!!!!!! Well normally this would go towards finding the perfect driver, but that is waiting for the outing, so the question for me is M3 or M4? I'm starting to lean M3 because I can choke down and take some distance off, and I already have the M2 coming from Blind9Golf but any thoughts? I'm going to get one of them tomorrow and I'm looking for ideas.

Well, I can tell you that I'm considering the M2/M3 combo, mostly b/c of how long the 2.0's are. I know I can comfortably gap from my M3 to my 5 iron and if the M2 is solid, it'll likely kick the 3wood out.

Awesome gift from your girl bro.

Well, I can tell you that I'm considering the M2/M3 combo, mostly b/c of how long the 2.0's are. I know I can comfortably gap from my M3 to my 5 iron and if the M2 is solid, it'll likely kick the 3wood out.

Awesome gift from your girl bro.

Thanks TC, I really think it will be the M2/M3 combo and I might keep either the 2.0 4 iron or Di11 4 iron in the bag with no 3 wood. I just think the M3 might have some more versatility for me than the M4.

Thanks TC, I really think it will be the M2/M3 combo and I might keep either the 2.0 4 iron or Di11 4 iron in the bag with no 3 wood. I just think the M3 might have some more versatility for me than the M4.

Well, I think that you can't go wrong with either to tell you the truth, I'm just telling you what I'd do, lol

Good luck tomorrow and have fun brother.

I'm just thinking that the M2 and M4 would both be full swing Mashies for me to get the distance I would be looking for. The M3 just seems like I could take a little off if it if I wanted to but the M4 would have to be a full swing to gap the 4 iron and 2 hybrid.

I'm just thinking that the M2 and M4 would both be full swing Mashies for me to get the distance I would be looking for. The M3 just seems like I could take a little off if it if I wanted to but the M4 would have to be a full swing to gap the 4 iron and 2 hybrid.

I know exactly what you're saying and I think you just answered your question on what to purchase tomorrow! Congrats dude. And you're a lefty!

I know exactly what you're saying and I think you just answered your question on what to purchase tomorrow! Congrats dude. And you're a lefty!

I think I knew the answer all along but I like to throw ideas out there for somebody to drop knowledge on me if there is something I wasn't thinking about. Love being a lefty though you just have so many equipment choices.

Just had my first hit of the Mashie :) The first few swings were stinkers but i was feeling the pressure as it was my first ever club fitting. I started to relax a little and wow... Was hitting the mashie 3 and according to the launch monitor i was hitting it about 200 with a little draw (when i say 200 im not 100% sure if it was meters or yards) Im in Australia so everything here is usually in meters but i just didnt take the time to check. I got to find out my swing speed for the first time as well which was a little exciting, it was consistantly around 95mph, I have no idea what that really means for me but none the less its nice to find out. So all in all i was very happy with the look and feel of the mashie, my most surprising moment was when i saw the head cover for the first time, i was picturing it to be so much bigger than it actually is and i was concerned having a bag full of head covers would be a bit messy. The petite little sock is just another hightlight of the mashie. The other major highlight is the price, my local golf store is charging $129AUD which i thought was insanely low for such a great club... In the end i decided to hand over the deposit for an M3 and an M5 and now all i have to do is wait untill the 21st for it to be released in Australian stores.

Azza,

I am in Australia, which golf store are selling them for that price? I want two maybe three at that price?

I am feeling some mashie love building up!!!

I've slept on it and in two hours I will have an M3 in the bag. That will take a little bit of the edge off while I wait for my M2 to come!

I've slept on it and in two hours I will have an M3 in the bag. That will take a little bit of the edge off while I wait for my M2 to come!

I wish you the best of luck with it CB. I am headed out to a new course today to give mine a workout. Details to be posted later.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I wish you the best of luck with it CB. I am headed out to a new course today to give mine a workout. Details to be posted later.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Looking forward to it WR. I will be playing with it after I buy it and will post my thoughts as soon as I get back home. I do really enjoy my Burner hybrid but I don't trust it out of the rough and off the tee, fairways it is a bomber but its time for him to go to a new home and let the mashie dominate my bag.

Two quick things that I wanted to follow up on that I have seen much written about since early on in this thread.

First, the head cover. I love this thing and so far I'm really impressed with it. I thought, because it is the sock style cover, that it might stretch and get loose. So far that has not been the case at all. I have a few other sock style head covers from a third party company and the Mashie cover is much better quality.

Lastly, the grip. While it hasn't lost tackiness yet, I'm still not a big fan of the grip. Because light grips are a growing market, there are limited options for replacement. I'm a fan of cord grips, and I'm not crazy about the lack of a cord option (or at least I haven't found anything) that won't greatly impact the swing weight of this club. The stock grip is serviceable, but not what I would choose if I could change it and not effect the performance of the Mashie.

These seem like small things, but after spending more and more time with this club I'm starting to be less distracted by how well this club performs (and it does perform, no doubt about that) and I'm noticing these other things.

I am in Australia, which golf store are selling them for that price?

The House of Golf. When i asked him he had to check on his computer and he told me $129. I was really shocked as i was expecting it to be around $170. I made sure i paid a decent deposit on them both just incase there was some sort of blunder and the club was actually more expensive. They wont have them in stock untill the 21st of Feb though which is a bit of a bummer.

Well I caved and did what I said I wouldn't do. I went and tried the Mashie at golftown today... What a disaster!
For the time being I'm going to blame my complete and utter rustiness for that outrageously bad show.
Best shot was 152 yards with the M3, and about 30 yards to the right.
I expected this so I'm not upset, and will wait till I have my swing back in April or May, before I go and try again.

I took the Mashie out on the course today. Here is a list of my shots and results.

1st Shot- 275 out on a par 5, going for layup. I put a hard draw on the ball, came up short and left. I think I was a little to anxious with it.

2nd Shot- 245 out on a par 5, going for another layup. I hit a beautiful Mashie style shot and put it 50 yds out from the green.

3rd Shot- 200 yds out on a Par 4, going for the green. I hit behind the ball and put it about 100 yds out. The ball still went straight on this shot.

4th Shot- Off the tee on a Par 4, had to lay up before some water that was 250 out. I hit a nice high flying ball that was right at the 150yd marker. It was about a 200yd shot.

5th Shot- 340 yds out of the rough on a Par 5 from my drive, decided to play it back in to the 150 yd marker. Nice clean shot that landed beside the 150yd marker.

That was all I used the Mashie today and I felt it did a great job. I messed up two of the five shots, but when I connected with it. It hit amazing and penetrating flight shots. I did have a few miss hits with some other clubs today, so the Mashie was not the only club that I messed up with.

I attended the Denver Golf Expo on Firiday and hit the Mashie 2 and 4. Even though it was indoors and hitting into a smaller area, it felt very nice. I will be ready for the M2 whenever Patty can ship them out. I also tried the Cleveland fairway woods, Srixon z-star driver and fairway wood. I am really impressed with the Mashie and other Cleveland/Srixon products. I had a little trouble adjusting to the M2 shaft length at first. The M4 was like effortless, and felt very nice coming off the clubface. I am excited about the Mashie and the shafts are very smooth.

I took the Mashie out on the course today. Here is a list of my shots and results.

1st Shot- 275 out on a par 5, going for layup. I put a hard draw on the ball, came up short and left. I think I was a little to anxious with it.

2nd Shot- 245 out on a par 5, going for another layup. I hit a beautiful Mashie style shot and put it 50 yds out from the green.

3rd Shot- 200 yds out on a Par 4, going for the green. I hit behind the ball and put it about 100 yds out. The ball still went straight on this shot.

4th Shot- Off the tee on a Par 4, had to lay up before some water that was 250 out. I hit a nice high flying ball that was right at the 150yd marker. It was about a 200yd shot.

5th Shot- 340 yds out of the rough on a Par 5 from my drive, decided to play it back in to the 150 yd marker. Nice clean shot that landed beside the 150yd marker.

That was all I used the Mashie today and I felt it did a great job. I messed up two of the five shots, but when I connected with it. It hit amazing and penetrating flight shots. I did have a few miss hits with some other clubs today, so the Mashie was not the only club that I messed up with.

Nice report dmb. Sounds like you're making the most of it's versatility

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

Nice update Dmb, glad to hear it was working for you..60% of the time.

Got out on the course today and for the first time, the Mashie was not the wonder club it has been up to this point for me. I pulled and pushed a few shots but overall was a decent day. Maybe I got a little over confident with the club, maybe it got a little jealous it had a new neighbor in my bag (the TM hybrid). This is something I expected and by no means lessens my love of this club. I enjoyed a couple of great shots out of fairway bunkers as well as a very nice tee shot on a 200yd par 3. Lesson learned and I move on. Set up rounds for next weekend with the same group at a course where accuracy is a key. Bringing my Mashie to the battle!!

I’m also looking at the m5 to replace my 5 iron. I need to hit them to see how far each club goes before I make a decision. I avoid my 5 iron most of the time and hit my h4 if I can. Dont know why I just have trouble hitting the 5 iron. Maybe the M5 will solve my problem.

Can’t wait to try them out. My local Golf shop said they may have them in the next week or so. I did try the new Titlist 910h and compared it to my current 4h, not much difference I hope the mashie is better.

Back