2011 Cobra S3 Driver Review

Shaft length 46 inches?

I've actually got it set to play at 45", just my preference, 46 is just too damn much for me personally (I think its mental more than anything though)

I've actually got it set to play at 45", just my preference, 46 is just too damn much for me personally (I think its mental more than anything though)

Cool. My C Kua is currently at 45 " and I have bought an extra sleeve so this shaft might get some snake time :thumb:

Preeeeeeetty...

DSC_0075-2.jpg

DSC_0076-2.jpg

DSC_0078-2.jpg

DSC_0080-2.jpg

I'll be squeezing in at least 9 tomorrow after school so I'll be sure to post some feelings tomorrow as I've hit one at GG with the Blur, not witht he C.Kua though, cannot wait.

Preeeeeeetty...

DSC_0075-2.jpg

DSC_0076-2.jpg

DSC_0078-2.jpg

DSC_0080-2.jpg

I'll be squeezing in at least 9 tomorrow after school so I'll be sure to post some feelings tomorrow as I've hit one at GG with the Blur, not witht he C.Kua though, cannot wait.

Looks gorgeous! The club head looks amazing, Although I prefer the darker face.

Looks gorgeous! The club head looks amazing, Although I prefer the darker face.

You know WM, at first I was the same mindset on the face. But honeslty I really hated how the black face would show ballmarks so easily. I need to snap a couple in the daylight though because the paint on this thing is crazy awesome looking.

You know WM, at first I was the same mindset on the face. But honeslty I really hated how the black face would show ballmarks so easily. I need to snap a couple in the daylight though because the paint on this thing is crazy awesome looking.

Well I know how sexy the shaft looks in person (I have a serious problem)! How is the swing weight of the driver with the lighter shaft?

All of them? lol. Probably very few have tried all the shafts offered, but that's definitely an interesting resource if it is accurate.

Haha maybe not all of them... but some of them based on ball flight!

Haha maybe not all of them... but some of them based on ball flight!

I hit the AxivCore Tour Green. Super nice shaft, but it put my launch and spin numbers to a less than ideal number for a average swinger like myself. (launch around 11* and spin around 2300)

Haven't done the Swingweight tally on it yet, but, you really cannot notice in hadn that its lighter thanks to the grip (which I actually love).

Got out for 9 yesterday and it was a rough one, my swing was all over the place in all clubs and not just the driver, battlesd a hook something fierce (oh how I miss the slice compared to a damn hook). I will say this, on the 3 drives I really got through on the results were honestly the longest I've had on those respective holes, ball flight was excellent and the feel of the Miya is everything its billed to be. What I loved though was the nice ting sound I was getting on the solid shots.

I'll be getting out more this week, hopefully with the swing back in reign.

this is why feeling/sound, etc are so subjective....I've never noticed a ting yet when hitting this driver....great thoughts Jman
Haven't done the Swingweight tally on it yet, but, you really cannot notice in hadn that its lighter thanks to the grip (which I actually love).

Got out for 9 yesterday and it was a rough one, my swing was all over the place in all clubs and not just the driver, battlesd a hook something fierce (oh how I miss the slice compared to a damn hook). I will say this, on the 3 drives I really got through on the results were honestly the longest I've had on those respective holes, ball flight was excellent and the feel of the Miya is everything its billed to be. What I loved though was the nice ting sound I was getting on the solid shots.

I'll be getting out more this week, hopefully with the swing back in reign.

this is why feeling/sound, etc are so subjective....I've never noticed a ting yet when hitting this driver....great thoughts Jman

I honestly did not get that sound either when I tried it out at GG, its really strange. All I can say though is no matter my swing woes right now, this driver just looks mean to me, especially wiht the golden C.Kua (the RIP isnt too shabby wither though! lol)

I honestly did not get that sound either when I tried it out at GG, its really strange. All I can say though is no matter my swing woes right now, this driver just looks mean to me, especially wiht the golden C.Kua (the RIP isnt too shabby wither though! lol)

I have thought about putting the C Kua 39 gram in my S2 driver however I am waiting for you to finish your testing :D

I have thought about putting the C Kua 39 gram in my S2 driver however I am waiting for you to finish your testing :D

I thought it was going in a SuperFast? Did that not work out well?

I thought it was going in a SuperFast? Did that not work out well?

Still testing the SuperFast. Kelly and I both hit some bombs with the SF, however both of us were not consistent. Quite a few snap hooks.

I like the head shape at address. The lack of grooves on the face would be a nightmare in the rain, or get ground. There would be some squirrelly shots.

I like the head shape at address. The lack of grooves on the face would be a nightmare in the rain, or get ground. There would be some squirrelly shots.

It would?

I was under the impression that driver grooves because of the impact spot and violent swing were purely for aesthetics. That is what a club maker told me anyway.

Huh? I've played drivers with NO grooves at all on the face and there was no effect in either of those conditions. I'm confused (happens quite alot actually lol)

Taking this out on the virtual course with G4L and OEM this weekend....looking forward to seeing how it does

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Taking this out on the virtual course with G4L and OEM this weekend....looking forward to seeing how it does

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Awesome! Between this, the e7s, and the new TM irons, should be a lot of fun!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Hit the snake for my round today and walked away almost snake-bitten (in a good way) This club is fighting to get my attention the more I hit and and it's doing a good job so far. Today while using the new e7 ball, I got consistent results in the 240-250 range with a swing speed in the 100-103 range. The driver helped put me in quite a few fairways and if I wasn't in the fairway my miss was more than manageable. I'm finding that the club face isn't overly hot but it's pretty forgiving with misses out on the toe which is my most common miss. IT doesn't look, sound, or feel like it's the hottest thing in the bag but the consistent results that I've seen on the range and on the simulator are impossible to ignore. I really want to get the S3 on the course soon to see if I can replicate these results where it counts

Hit the snake for my round today and walked away almost snake-bitten (in a good way) This club is fighting to get my attention the more I hit and and it's doing a good job so far. Today while using the new e7 ball, I got consistent results in the 240-250 range with a swing speed in the 100-103 range. The driver helped put me in quite a few fairways and if I wasn't in the fairway my miss was more than manageable. I'm finding that the club face isn't overly hot but it's pretty forgiving with misses out on the toe which is my most common miss. IT doesn't look, sound, or feel like it's the hottest thing in the bag but the consistent results that I've seen on the range and on the simulator are impossible to ignore. I really want to get the S3 on the course soon to see if I can replicate these results where it counts

You mention that the club face is not overly hot. Can you elaborate on that a little bit? Is it the feel and sound that are not overly hot, or the performance? On the simulator, I am not sure if they gave you ball speed, but if they did, do you know how close it was to 150?

Good stuff Hanks. My S2 Cobra driver is still the most consistent driver I own. I am currently bagging the Calloway Diablo along with giving a TM Superfast with the Miyazaki shaft some time. Since I started heavy gym work, my swing speed is obviously increasing and it's making my driver choice a bit confusing. One of my friends who is a high school golf coach, asked me to try his x-stiff 85 gram TaylorMade Super Deep driver and I was striping it down the middle with zero hooks. :confused2:

Back