Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

I think the M1 is not automate too. I have only had it on the range once, but I struggled controlling it more than the M3. The M3 is so easy and the M1 takes some patience I think. I was hitting the M1 better of of a tee, rather than the ground. I hope to make it to the range tomorrow and I will post what kind of results I get. On a great note, I did get some of my M1 ground shots to hit like a Mashie should! There is hope and I think it will just take a little bit of getting used to.

I am very interested in the progress you an Yoccos make with the M1. I agree with the comment about it not "automatic" like the others. Maybe I just need to work with it a bit more.

I absolutely love my 3w. It's a beast for me to be honest. I reshafted it and have a bit more control, maybe not as far but I love the control. You're absolutely right about the pressure. All I could think about was Mashie like ease of use, with 3w like distance. When I do hit it well its all that and more.

I'm gonna try the tee for sure. I am usually hesitant but after the last time out on grass (Sunday) I found teeing up was a good thing! Patience is a virtue. Are you finding about 20 yards or so difference as well?

Ill see if I can get some video. I was just talking about getting a flip haha.

I am noticing about 20 yds difference. That is on a range and guess-ti-mating. I am going to a course this weekend and should have better numbers.

I used a Flip for my video and it works great. So easy to use and great picture. I have heard the Kodak camera is better though. I would make sure I compare before I bought.

Good thoughs OEM! I'm so ready to leave work now and get my Mashie's on.

You and me both. But its still a little chilly here. Saturday Im getting my Mashie on for sure. But this time its going to be range time and hopefully mixed with some short game practice.

One thing I noticed on a long par 3 Sunday. I tee'ed up for a M3 Mashie and popped it up. Made me wonder if I had it just a little too high or maybe I just mis-hit it.

And I have a Kodak Play Sport, it works great for the swing, full 1080P, easy to connect to the HDTV and you can even take it under water haha

You and me both. But its still a little chilly here. Saturday Im getting my Mashie on for sure. But this time its going to be range time and hopefully mixed with some short game practice.

One thing I noticed on a long par 3 Sunday. I tee'ed up for a M3 Mashie and popped it up. Made me wonder if I had it just a little too high or maybe I just mis-hit it.

I can't tee them up to high man. I like to tee them up but just so the bottom of the ball is just a smidge above the grass. Tee them up to high and the Mashie turns into a 8 iron, lol

I can't tee them up to high man. I like to tee them up but just so the bottom of the ball is just a smidge above the grass. Tee them up to high and the Mashie turns into a 8 iron, lol

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's seen this. The first time I hit the M3 off the tee, I thought with the high face I should tee it up a little higher, bad idea.

Awesome idea, Mashie as an 8 iron! Can I tee my ball up in the middle of the fairway from now on. HAHA

I got the shipping notice for my gently used M3 and it will arrive on Friday. Looks like I have one day before my Mardi Gras trip to GET MY MASHIE ON.

Thanks for pumping this one up guys, I'm stoked.

Eph

Finally got caught up on this thread...I love how everyone is having similar results yet each experience is unique. The Mashie is definitely a club that rewards smoother tempo which lends itself to better ball striking. Laying up to a number will be so fun this year

LOL thats exactly what happened, it went left and short by 30 yards.

first range day with M3. only hit 1/2 bucket when the rains came. But wow, effortless boring flight either straight or with a slight draw! I noticed that I was hitting a bit more towards the toe with M3 than I usually do, but I'm sure I'll get it dialed it (but geez couldn't tell they were toed by the ball flight!-forgiving, I'll say!). It was fun to initially see the ball flight. Caught myself admiring how it flew thru the air. I think I'm going to like this club!

What do you do on a beautiful day with 30 mins to spare after work? You take advantage of it and get your Mashie On! I went to the range to dedicated it just to the Mashies. I am so glad I did. It was just an awesome day with them on the range.

I started out with the M3 to get me warmed up and make sure everything was clicking right. I was just busting them where ever I was aiming on the range. They were landing an average of about 200 yds out. Man do I love this club! It just makes you feel all good inside!

After about half the bucket, I moved over the the M1 off the ground. Again I was just busting them right down the center of the fairway. I was like, this is why I bought another Mashie! They were landing about 220ish out. I moved on to the tee with the M1 and the same thing was going on. I was just loving life!

I do want to say I did have a few off hits, but they were not way off. I had a few fades and draws, but 75% of the bucket had a penetrating straight flight. I am so excited to get these clubs out on the course this weekend. I am headed to Pinehurst to play a Donald Ross course. I hope the Mashies help me dominate the course.

I just got a call from my local shop informing me that they just got the Mashies in. They said that they got a ton of them and are holding a few for me. I will be heading there on Saturday to try them out. March 12th is my 30th birthday so this could be a great early birthday present to myself.

Tap, Tap, Tap-a-roo

my M4 showed up today! I can't wait to get to the range and take it for a test drive. Is it bad that as soon as I took it out of the box I thought to myself, M1, M3,M4 or should I got M2, M4...oh boy this could get ugly fast for my bank account

my M4 showed up today! I can't wait to get to the range and take it for a test drive. Is it bad that as soon as I took it out of the box I thought to myself, M1, M3,M4 or should I got M2, M4...oh boy this could get ugly fast for my bank account

Can't wait to hear your thoughts again ddec.

I got my Mashie on big time today. Tee'd off with it on all 4 par 5's just so I could hit it again for my second shot. Had less than 100 yards into all the greens, hit all of them in regulation, and par'd all 4 of them. It was like cheating.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I got my Mashie on big time today. Tee'd off with it on all 4 par 5's just so I could hit it again for my second shot. Had less than 100 yards into all the greens, hit all of them in regulation, and par'd all 4 of them. It was like cheating.

Thats a lot of Mashie buddy and I love it. I have started to use my Mashie on every par 5 as well. I never go for a green in two so I have just been doing exactly you said, lay up to a nice number and stick it close. I even had the rarely seen, Mashie, mashie, Mashie, chip one putt par.

That's the way to tame a golf course TC:golf2:. Mashie = par machine. I plan to have my own Mash attack coming at a golf course near me soon :thumb:

has anyone hit both the miyazaki 59 and the 83 in the mashie to compare them?

I have a shaft question on the mashie. Let's say the stiff's flex code is 6643. Can you get a stiff that's 6554 flex code? Or is a stiff is just a stiff and you can't change up the flex code? Hope this isn't a stupid question.

I have a shaft question on the mashie. Let's say the stiff's flex code is 6643. Can you get a stiff that's 6554 flex code? Or is a stiff is just a stiff and you can't change up the flex code? Hope this isn't a stupid question.

I am not sure about that, but this radio show might help answer your question.
http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=9834

No, you can't get any a specific flex code combination. Their flex code is more a way to compare two of their shafts to each other along the four points. Not a bad question and one I've seen here multiple times.

nice!!

It's not a stupid question. I believe in the Mashies they only made 1 flex code per flex per weight. So, for example, the flex code may be different between the 59 S and 83 S gram shaft, but there's only 1 option for each shaft per flex.

For some of the other Miyazaki shafts like the Kusala, there are multiple flex code options per flex. Perhaps down the road if the Mashies keep getting bought up at a tremendous pace, they'll add more flex code options? But I've found the flex code they've chose for both the 59-S and 59-X to be excellent to this point.

a6898ece-f8f0-8177.jpg
a6898ece-f905-d956.jpg
a6898ece-f922-c59e.jpg
a6898ece-f938-6584.jpg

WOOT!

Tap before talk.

did anyone cross shop the mashie with the vr pro?

i love both (without hitting either yet :() for completely diferent reasons.

Back