TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

Thanks for the #'s - thats about 8%.

The number seems to be well north of 50% for the people on this board (without getting fit). So again it's worth while getting fit as most of you that think the stock is the best option maybe wrong (or for the few it may be right).

OMG REALLY MAN, im not trying to be a A** but NOBODY said the stock blur is the BEST shaft out there!

So I guess we can all agree that getting fit is best. Maybe we should get back on track now?

The number seems to be well north of 50% for the people on this board (without getting fit). So again it's worth while getting fit as most of you that think the stock is the best option maybe wrong (or for the few it may be right).

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Again, NO-ONE IS SAYING THAT.

edit:Looks like I was beat to it. I agree CL, think we have done about all we can do.

So I cleaned my R11 today and a lot of the smudge came off. It's possible the club is not damaged. I'm going to try and get to golfsmith this week so the guy can take a look at it.

Edit: But if it's not damaged I have to say the R11 is the weirdest sounding driver I've ever hit.

So I cleaned my R11 today and a lot of the smudge came off. It's possible the club is not damaged. I'm going to try and get to golfsmith this week so the guy can take a look at it.

good deal, the sound is def different than most drivers out there

Sox,

You realize this board is one of the biggest supporters of fitting there is, right? For God's sake, we are partnered with GolfTec. Sometimes, after fitting, the stock just works. I mean, you should have been at my iron fitting. The stock shafts were amazing for me.

Ok, so I guess I will be the jerk, but I have got to say either you are ridiculous or just trying to argue. Lets have the run down shall we?

1. Join THP and announce fitting is stupid and does not work.
2. Arguing ensues.
3. You come back and say "you were right, I scheduled a fitting".
4. Come back and say Fitter says Blur does not work for me, so all stock shafts suck
5. Then say No pros play and stock shafts
6. Then told that is not true that many pros play stock shafts
7. Then you say just the Blur sucks
8. Then you are shown that the Blur was the right shaft for close to 10% of the players fit in one region. Out of TWENTY available shafts that is a high number
9. Then come back and once again say "apparently most on this board think its the best.

Are you actually reading the posts? Not a single person has said that. All they have said is that it COULD be the best option for someone AFTER fitting. The same fitting that you said Does NOT matter.

Ok, so I guess I will be the jerk, but I have got to say either you are ridiculous or just trying to argue. Lets have the run down shall we?

2. Arguing ensues.
4. Come back and say Fitter says Blur does not work for me, so all stock shafts suck
8. Then you are shown that the Blur was the right shaft for close to 10% of the players fit in one region. Out of TWENTY available shafts that is a high number
9. Then come back and once again say "apparently most on this board think its the best.

Are you actually reading the posts? Not a single person has said that. All they have said is that it COULD be the best option for someone AFTER fitting. The same fitting that you said Does NOT matter.

Your the boss man you can be a jerk lol

Wait, so you didnt even hit the R11? You have been talking about the Super-tri this whole time? The blur isnt the stock shaft in the tri. Oh man, I need some CFBL's now.

Very funny. I swung the R11 at Dicks weeks back and the blur was not for me. I was just shooting the breeze with my fitter on the R11 so there was no skin in the game for him. He was just offering his opinion on what he has seen. He also said the Cleveland light (with miyzaki stokc) was a good choice for me as well. In the end I preferred the tri. Also, he didn't charge me for the hour he spent with me (even though it was $100 fee and I never met the guy before). This is a good guy who doesn't have an agenda. He is very trusted in the area. I will say though that as you know not all fitters share the same philosophies and my fitter is a definite pro shaft guy.

2. Arguing ensues.

Don't be shy JB, you do it so well. :alien: I kid I kid.

2. Arguing ensues.

Never said #4 below as I never hit the blur in my fitting. Your right though on the others. I should of been more clearer on referring to the blur.

For #8 that # jumps to >%50 forthe people on this board. Quite odd.

Very funny. I swung the R11 at Dicks weeks back and the blur was not for me. I was just shooting the breeze with my fitter on the R11 so there was no skin in the game for him. He was just offering his opinion on what he has seen. He also said the Cleveland light (with miyzaki stokc) was a good choice for me as well. In the end I preferred the tri. Also, he didn't charge me for the hour he spent with me (even though it was $100 fee and I never met the guy before). This is a good guy who doesn't have an agenda. He is very trusted in the area. I will say though that as you know not all fitters share the same philosophies and my fitter is a definite pro shaft guy.

Wait, so he told you a shaft is junk without ever seeing you hit it? That is what your fitter did and then told you a shaft is good for you without ever seeing you hit it either? No offense, but That makes NO SENSE

Never said #4 below as I never hit the blur in my fitting. Your right though on the others. I should of been more clearer on referring to the blur.

WOW, you never hit the blur infront of the fitter and you come on here telling us the blur is junk for you! come on man. your also still not getting the point we were trying to make if you insist its 50% for us

Dude that number jumps to over 100% when you count people who never said that Blur was the best shaft

Wait, so he told you a shaft is junk without ever seeing you hit it? That is what your fitter did and then told you a shaft is good for you without ever seeing you hit it either? No offense, but That makes NO SENSE

I wasn't in the market for the R11. I didn't swing the R11 at all in the fitting. I found a couple shafts that were working so I stuck with those. Settled on the Voodoo.

Dude that number jumps to over 100% when you count people who never said that Blur was the best shaft

haha i just about spit my diet coke everywhere lol

Itchy and Scratchy never get old

You know, I pride myself as a young man of reasonably stout intellect, and he has my brains scrambled like a diner's eggs.

JB i have a odd request, can we please get this post back on topic, i know im not a MOD but i hate to see a good thread go in this direction

I officially opt out of this. There are trolls and then there are people that seem to just not realize what in the blue hill they are speaking about. Junk shafts that were never tried. Fitters talking about the perfect shaft without seeing one hit it.

I give up. I have the Morgan Cup to think about and 8 golfers that are getting a 14 club staff deal from Taylormade and THP for a weekend. Maybe someone will even choose a Blur shaft. I guess that would be the losing team.

Back