TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

Do you want me to go to confession on this one? What's wrong with admitting I was wrong?

Yes I heard of Miyazaki. I swung it in my test on the cleveland light and the results were quite good. And yes for now I am going with what my golf fitter said as gospel. No offense to anyone here but I am going with what he says over Chunkylover (no offense chunky) :)

Agree 100%. You are the one that changed me. I'm not afraid to admit it - I was wrong. It seems though more people then there probably should be think this stock shaft is the best and by percentage I find it hard to believe.

Nobody once said the stock shaft is best, we said it has worked best out of any of the other shafts for some people, i dont see how you are not understanding this.

Agree 100%. You are the one that changed me. I'm not afraid to admit it - I was wrong. It seems though more people then there probably should be think this stock shaft is the best and by percentage I find it hard to believe.

No one is saying that! I just said this not to long ago, guessing you missed it?

You are completely mis understanding this. A stock shaft for you could be wrong but that same stock shaft for me could be perfect. We are not arguing about not getting fit, in fact we all agree he/you/she/everyone should get fit. However just because you get fit does not mean that shaft will be a upgraded $200 dollar shaft. it could be the stock shaft. It all depends on the person.

Your still completely missing the point. We are not saying the stock shaft is the greatest thing ever, simply that it could work for some while it doesnt work for others. Get what we're trying to tell you now?

So Bridges are you trying to tell me that the stock Blur is the best shaft out there? You have got to be kidding me

Edit: Hey I just read what you wrote Sox!! LOL I would go with whatever anyone else said as well.

Let's not beat a dead horse -Go with the shaft that works best but go for a fitting to determine that.

There, that should summarize it.

Do you want me to go to confession on this one? What's wrong with admitting I was wrong?

Yes I heard of Miyazaki. I swung it in my test on the cleveland light and the results were quite good. And yes for now I am going with what my golf fitter said as gospel. No offense to anyone here but I am going with what he says over Chunkylover (no offense chunky) :)

There are over 70 tour players playing a Miyazaki shaft. Not the 0% you insisted above. That is a standard shaft.

As for listening to your fitter. You SHOULD ALWAYS listen to your fitter on what to play.

But saying something is junk as an absolute statement because it does not work for you is absurd. Not all stock shafts are junk. It is what works for golfers and THEIR swing.

Let's not beat a dead horse -Go with the shaft that works best but go for a fitting to determine that.

There, that should summarize it.

you were the one swinging the bat lol, i agree everybody use the shaft that fits them best

Good #'s on the miyazaki. How many on the TM stock blur?

No one cares if your right, wrong or both. No one cares if im right, wrong or both. We just trying to get you to understand that were not saying the stock shaft is the best of the best, but that it could work perfect for someone while not working for others. Thats all were trying to say. If I hit a stock shaft (any one, it doesnt matter which stock shaft) perfectly then there would be no reason for me to upgrade to shaft xyz just because its considered an upgrade.

(Before your fitting) I see you have a handicap of 12.3, so you must have had a consistent swing and the stock shafts you have played must have not been that terrible for you to be able to get down to a 12.3. Now, yes if you were recommended a shaft that works alot better for your game then thats great, your handicap will lower(assuming), but I could go in and they tell me the stock shaft is perfect for me and not even need to switch shafts to something else. Just all depends on the person.

I tried not to :) - I just told the guy to be prepared to spend $100-$200 on a shaft (prepared is the keyword there). Thought it was sound fatherly advice.

So Bridges are you trying to tell me that the stock Blur is the best shaft out there? You have got to be kidding me

Edit: Hey I just read what you wrote Sox!! LOL I would go with whatever anyone else said as well.

Haha, my head hurts.

No idea. Numbers wont be out for a few months. But here is a number for you just sent to me now.

Over 100 out of 1250 R11 drivers that were fit out of one area over the last 2 weeks where the fitter determined the stock Blur was the best option for the swing. (per Golf Data Research)

I tried not to :) - I just told the guy to be prepared to spend $100-$200 on a shaft (prepared is the keyword there). Thought it was sound fatherly advice.

Hey use the "reply with quote" button so that way we know who your talking to. (not being a jerk, just trying to help you)

I'm a decent athlete so I am very tuned into making adjustments as the round goes on which I would have to do often with my current driver. I was very inconsistent and I know part of that was probably due to the inconsistiencies in the shaft. I am hoping the R9 tri along with the shaft will get me to that next level.

Hey use the "reply with quote" button so that way we know who your talking to. (not being a jerk, just trying to help you)

Thanks Bridges - I was wondering why it wasn't right.

No idea. Numbers wont be out for a few months. But here is a number for you just sent to me now.

Over 100 out of 1250 R11 drivers that were fit out of one area over the last 2 weeks where the fitter determined the stock Blur was the best option for the swing. (per Golf Data Research)

Wow that's pretty good considering there are around 20 shaft options for the R11 ... Hmmmm guess the Stock Blur has more than it's fair share of the market.

Wow that's pretty good considering there are around 20 shaft options for the R11 ... Hmmmm guess the Stock Blur has more than it's fair share of the market.

i agree, not bad at all, i cant complain the stock blur has been pretty damn good for me so far

I have no numbers for national or international, this just happened to be one region that was sent to us. We are trying to get the rest of the regions for this national store this week.

I'm a decent athlete so I am very tuned into making adjustments as the round goes on which I would have to do often with my current driver. I was very inconsistent and I know part of that was probably due to the inconsistiencies in the shaft. I am hoping the R9 tri along with the shaft will get me to that next level.

Wait, so you didnt even hit the R11? You have been talking about the Super-tri this whole time? The blur isnt the stock shaft in the tri. Oh man, I need some CFBL's now.

I have no numbers for national or international, this just happened to be one region that was sent to us. We are trying to get the rest of the regions for this national store this week.

Thanks JB I love seeing these type of stats I find them very interesting.

I ripped off a few shots with OEMs R11 after he was hitting it a bit next to me. The sound is a really nice pinging crack when you catch it right. I noticed some distance loss on the toe but not much on the heel. At address the white looks natural and I'm wondering if the 'white phase' is in acceptance mode by the public now? The white crown with black frame sets up nice and with the yellow range balls it looked really cool. It seemed to have some nice weight to it but didn't feel like it was heavy through the swing. I forget what shaft he had in it but i liked it as it had just enough stoutness to it which is good match I think.

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Sox,

Fitters are not perfect. They harbor their own opinions and are capable of passing those opinions on to their customers. It seems to me like you honestly believe what your fitter said about stock shafts sucking. The thing is, he was wrong.

I won't even get in to the Miyazaki Stock Shafts. Everybody knows they are gold. But what about the stock offerings in Tour Model drivers? Shafts like the RIP and Fubuki are becoming commonplace in the stock market.

My friend has a FT-5. I cannot for my life remember what the stock shaft in that club is, but in my opinion, it is brilliant. I can feel it loading, unloading, and can trust it to be consistant.

We are not trying to tell you that stock shafts are this amazing thing. We are trying to tell you that for some people, they truly are the best option.

Thanks for the #'s - thats about 8%.

The number seems to be well north of 50% for the people on this board (without getting fit). So again it's worth while getting fit as most of you that think the stock is the best option maybe wrong (or for the few it may be right).

Back