TC's Day of Club Fitting

I don't think you'd be disappointed in the KBS shafts at all. I love mine (though mine are a hard stepped reg flex, not a soft stepped X). I played Sensicoge DG R300 previously and don't miss the sensicore at all the KBS are so smooth at impact.

And yes, all that fitting is extremely tiring!

very nice writeup, makes me want to skip out of work and take my sticks to a local fitter. During the iron fitting, did he discuss the lie angles or anything with you? Or did you already have the burner 2.0s customized with your correct length & lie? Were you able to get a printout with all the stats or did you have to manually track them in a notepad?

Well, I wasn't being fit for the 2.0's as I already have them to my specs. I was more or less trying to figure out which iron shaft works best for me, for when I go with my next set of irons. He offered a print out but I just jotted everything down on a notepad. It was a lot of fun and very eye opening.

TC, great write-up! I have thestiff KBS Tours in my 2.0's and they are absolutely amazing. What do you think it is about those shafts that had you averaging about 6-7 mph faster than the others? Just piggybacking off another comment from RatFink, how much farther would you be hitting the 2.0's with the KBS?

You know, they just felt awesome. I think it's b/c they feel softer at the clubhead end of the shaft, that's what makes them a bit faster. I honestly don't know. What's a bigger testament is that I hit them last, and I was feeling a bit worn out, so the results shocked me to. They felt great, probably my 2nd favorite in feel behind the Nippons to be truthful. Jeez, the KBS' in the 2.0's could be a nasty combination. It would be fun to find out how much farther they'd go. I can't really answer that though.

TC great write up man, that was a good read. You've got some clubhead speed there big fella, I must do a fitting like this sometime soon.

All this talk about you being a short hitter, pfffft. Long baller and short game?!? uh oh, better watch out biggsy!

Very nice numbers man!!! 280 carry is by no means short, and 201 carry with 2.0 6 iron. :bulgy-eyes:

nice writeup bro! seems like you have a good idea of the correct shaft for you. that was money well spent

All this talk about you being a short hitter, pfffft. Long baller and short game?!? uh oh, better watch out biggsy!

Very nice numbers man!!! 280 carry is by no means short, and 201 carry with 2.0 6 iron. :bulgy-eyes:

hahaha, biggsy's seen me tee off, he isn't scared dude, trust me.

Thanks though.

TC what would you say the basic cost of this fitting is? You don't have tell exact price if you don't want to but around price we might expect.

I have free day in Atlanta next Saturday and trying to see if I want to find a place to do a driver fitting.

hahaha, biggsy's seen me tee off, he isn't scared dude, trust me.

Thanks though.

Just trying to get biggsy a little nervous haha

If you dont mind me asking, what did it cost you for the whole thing?

edit: JD, beat me to it.

TC what would you say the basic cost of this fitting is? You don't have tell exact price if you don't want to but around price we might expect.

I have free day in Atlanta next Saturday and trying to see if I want to find a place to do a driver fitting.

THis guy charges $80 an hour, but if you buy, he deducts the price from your purchase, so it doesn't cost a thing. He charged me $100 for 2 hours though b/c we're friends and I have him do most of my work for me and I do most of my shopping there with him. He really knows what the hell he's doing, so to me, it's worth it. His vector is very similar to the one that THP has but he has it connected to some special computer that keeps up with all kinds of neat information.

Outstanding stuff TC. Sounds like you got the R11 dialed in. I think I'm going to have to give in and get fit myself. I have been fit before but I want to do the entire package this time. I LOVE KBS tours. I play the Stiff softstepped once and I don't think I will go away from that. It is just the perfect shaft. They make the KBS in a 90 gram shaft as well so maybe you want to look into that. They are beyond smooth aren't they?

THis guy charges $80 an hour, but if you buy, he deducts the price from your purchase, so it doesn't cost a thing. He charged me $100 for 2 hours though b/c we're friends and I have him do most of my work for me and I do most of my shopping there with him. He really knows what the hell he's doing, so to me, it's worth it. His vector is very similar to the one that THP has but he has it connected to some special computer that keeps up with all kinds of neat information.

did you notice that you were swinging any different knowing it was for a fitting? I am torn about "out thinking" the fitting or trying to force a specific ball flight, etc

This is awesome man! I really really want to do one of these now. I loved the writeup.

Outstanding stuff TC. Sounds like you got the R11 dialed in. I think I'm going to have to give in and get fit myself. I have been fit before but I want to do the entire package this time. I LOVE KBS tours. I play the Stiff softstepped once and I don't think I will go away from that. It is just the perfect shaft. They make the KBS in a 90 gram shaft as well so maybe you want to look into that. They are beyond smooth aren't they?

Very smooth CL! I liked them a lot. Pretty excited about the possibilities for the Morgan Cup.

did you notice that you were swinging any different knowing it was for a fitting? I am torn about "out thinking" the fitting or trying to force a specific ball flight, etc

Nah, no swinging differently. I've been through these things before. I just swung like I normally do.

Good on ya brother. Im glad you spent the money and got that baby dialed in, those are some very pleasing #'s. It was interesting to see all those variations in iron shafts. After seeing that I think its time I go get my shafts optimized. Thanks for sharing man you put some good info out there for us to mull over.

Good on ya brother. Im glad you spent the money and got that baby dialed in, those are some very pleasing #'s. It was interesting to see all those variations in iron shafts. After seeing that I think its time I go get my shafts optimized. Thanks for sharing man you put some good info out there for us to mull over.

No worries bro-diddly......I like sharing with my peeps. I'm a man of the people.

Fascinating info. TC. Thanks for sharing!

Nice write up TC!

In regards to the Nippons: When I was doing my iron shaft fitting we also tried out the 950, 1050 and 1150's out. We also noticed that with tha 950's and 1050's there was a distance loss in the carry as the ball simply doesn't apex as high as other shafts. According to the fitter they are designed like that and are better suited to the really high ball hitter or those who like to have their irons with run out distances. The 1150's were on par distance wise with the KBS/BTR's, felt slightly better but were signifigantly more expensive.

What is really interesting to me is the S300's vs the KBS. The DG's had gorgeous carry distance but +1100 RPM to the KBS and it's green grabing power is eye opening to say the least.

Also it looks like I need to go back and check my driver again. We're rolling at the same speed with a similair launch angle and your carry is 20 yards longer. Bah. And here I was thinking I was happy finally : p

Excellent TC! I love the fact that you took the balls in that you play with on the course....great idea! I am going to get the R11 dialed in next week at Golftec and would of totally missed that one unless you brought it up! Thanks!

Great info TC. Just as an FYI, KBS came out this year with R+ and S+ flexes in the KBS Tour shafts, which provide flexes in between their standard R/S/X. It sounds like you'd be a pretty good candidate for S+ if you don't softstep the X-flex. More info here: http://www.kbsshafts.com/kbs_tourseries.php

TC, with those SS numbers you're getting, have you considered giving the B330 or B330-S a shot in your bag?

Good stuff TC. I too am a fan of the KBS Tours. So much so that I actually just took the S300s out of my Mizuno MP 62s and put some KBS Tours in there. You described them the same way I would describe them...smooth. Gotta love launch monitors and actual numbers...eye opening!

Back