Week 7: THP Fantasy Football

Any thoughts?? I really don't know what to do here, who is the odd man out? Singletary and Brown are against the Dolphins, Hyde against IND.

I would rank these three as:

1. Hyde- I like to look at touches mostly and Hyde over the last three weeks has had 16, 21, and 27 touches. With work like that his floor is much higher than the other two players.

2. John Brown- he is averaging 7.8 targets per week so he does have a lower floor, but he has hit 70 yards or more receiving three weeks and another week he was at 69. He has been decently consistent and has the very juicy matchup in Miami.

3. Singletary- I like Singletary longer term, but he is coming back from missing the last 5 games and Frank Gore is going to get the bulk of the carries most likely to start. Singletary might have the highest upside, but clearly also has a very low floor. I would have to wait a week to see how he is used before I wouldn’t put him the starting lineup unless I was desperate. I don’t think you are at this point.

It definitely is tempting. Think you have to go with your gut on this one.

My gut says sit Hyde, but my brain says I can't do that.

I would rank these three as:

1. Hyde- I like to look at touches mostly and Hyde over the last three weeks has had 16, 21, and 27 touches. With work like that his floor is much higher than the other two players.

2. John Brown- he is averaging 7.8 targets per week so he does have a lower floor, but he has hit 70 yards or more receiving three weeks and another week he was at 69. He has been decently consistent and has the very juicy matchup in Miami.

3. Singletary- I like Singletary longer term, but he is coming back from missing the last 5 games and Frank Gore is going to get the bulk of the carries most likely to start. Singletary might have the highest upside, but clearly also has a very low floor. I would have to wait a week to see how he is used before I wouldn’t put him the starting lineup unless I was desperate. I don’t think you are at this point.

No, not desperate at all. I like all three this week (first time all season I actually have options), so I just hate the idea that I am going to leave points on the bench.

My gut says sit Hyde, but my brain says I can't do that.

Always tough when you wanna start someone in your gut.

You have a strong team, I would go with gut then. I usually get more upset with myself when I don’t start a player I had a feeling on and he goes off and scores big.

My dilemma might have just gotten trickier. If David Johnson doesn't play, then I have to play Chase Edmonds because he will be the only active back on that team. Their third string guy has already been ruled out. I think Johnson will play, but if he doesn't, now I have 4 guys for 2 spots. A good problem to have, but I wish these favorable matchups were more spread out.

If I play Edmonds, I may end up benching players against MIA, which pains me.

The best part of all this is that because I am struggling to pick someone, everyone will do poorly. I am never projected to win, and since I am (and even projected to get over 80pts) I am pretty much guaranteed to lose.

Last edited:
It is crazy how far Baker Mayfield has fallen. My high stakes 12 owner league with 20 roster spots dropped him. 26 QBs on rosters and Baker isn’t one of them. ?

I’ll ask the Cleveland fans here, do you see a better 2nd half of the year from him?

o-line sucks can’t trust him

Any thoughts?? I really don't know what to do here, who is the odd man out? Singletary and Brown are against the Dolphins, Hyde against IND.
My dilemma might have just gotten trickier. If David Johnson doesn't play, then I have to play Chase Edmonds because he will be the only active back on that team. Their third string guy has already been ruled out. I think Johnson will play, but if he doesn't, now I have 4 guys for 2 spots. A good problem to have, but I wish these favorable matchups were more spread out.

The best part of all this is that because I am struggling to pick someone, everyone will do poorly. I am never projected to win, and since I am (and even projected to get over 80pts) I am pretty much guaranteed to lose.

Start hyde - gore will be the guy today

DJ is a go edmonds is maybe flex worthy against a garbage gints d

league 2 trade

diggs/AP for OBJ

Curious to see how it plays out for either team as both have been disappointing and AP id. Throwaway

o-line sucks can’t trust him

Start hyde - gore will be the guy today

DJ is a go edmonds is maybe flex worthy against a garbage gints d

league 2 trade

diggs/AP for OBJ

Curious to see how it plays out for either team as both have been disappointing and AP id. Throwaway

I saw DJ was going, which made that decision easier, Edmonds remains on the bench. I am starting Hyde and Brown, which is what I have had the whole time, but my gut is telling me Singletary over Hyde, but I can't pull the trigger so Hyde stays in and Singletary sits on the bench. We will find out.

Also, the ESPN Fantasy people are so dumb, specifically Yates. No offense to the guy, but he just said don't start Chase Edmonds because he scored last week and you can't expect him to score back to back weeks. Newsflash dude, he has scored the last 2 weeks, so he already scored 2 weeks in a row.

Another trade comes through in league 2 right before gametimeScreenshot_20191020-123637_Gmail.jpg

I saw DJ was going, which made that decision easier, Edmonds remains on the bench. I am starting Hyde and Brown, which is what I have had the whole time, but my gut is telling me Singletary over Hyde, but I can't pull the trigger so Hyde stays in and Singletary sits on the bench. We will find out.

Also, the ESPN Fantasy people are so dumb, specifically Yates. No offense to the guy, but he just said don't start Chase Edmonds because he scored last week and you can't expect him to score back to back weeks. Newsflash dude, he has scored the last 2 weeks, so he already scored 2 weeks in a row.

Hey Yates, Edmonds just scored again. Three straight weeks now.?‍♀️

The ESPN recommendations/rankings are so bad.

The combination of Arizona running the ball all over the giants. is not great for me, given I've got Kyler Murray and the Giants D

be happy I didn’t play Edmonds. I almost did until they said Johnson was active. Big mistake by me.

At that point I probably would have closed the fantasy app, turned the games off, and just went on my way.

I’ve got no hope this week with Jacobs going out and my opponent playing Edmonds at last minute even with Johnson active, hell of a move

Do you not get points for a TD after a blocked kick for a defense? Seems strange. Grasping for any points I can get at this point...

Are u kicking yourself yet?

I thought you did.

Not that it really matters, but it looks like I got points for a blocked kick (2) and not a TD from the D there.

I was cringing when I saw the forecast for the NYG/AZ game, since both my QB are in this one. But most of my team didn't show up this week, so doesn't really matter.

Ugh ran into a buzz saw this week, will probably be the second highest scorer this week too.

Back