Carry them to the range almost every time. They help me make sure my alignment is always right so I can tweak my swing just right.

I can't train without them ... makes me sad seeing people hit 100+ Balls without a purpose ... seems they just pray to get better by hitting as many balls as possible and wonder why they don't improve :banghead:

I like that video, it's alot of help.
Thanks

Mine (cheap-o ones from Home Depot) are fairly new to me, so I've yet to use them other than to check alignment on the range. I look forward to using them as shown in the video once I am swinging more often.

Mine (cheap-o ones from Home Depot) are fairly new to me, so I've yet to use them other than to check alignment on the range. I look forward to using them as shown in the video once I am swinging more often.
I have been using the cheapos on the range for about a month & a half now just as you to simply check alignment. I am seeing improvement in my game and like you will soon begin to use them in some of the other positions as shown in the video. I am now a believer in their usefulness.

this is a really great video. I too just went out and bought 4 cheapos from Lowes. I did add 2 strips of athletic tape on one of them to remind myself how far my feet should be apart at address. I have never done the gate drill before, plan to do it thursday during my range session.

Just returned from Menards with 4 of the orange fiberglass poles for a total of $8.31. Now to find a plastic tube to store them in.

Last edited:
I can't train without them ... makes me sad seeing people hit 100+ Balls without a purpose ... seems they just pray to get better by hitting as many balls as possible and wonder why they don't improve :banghead:

I just leave them in the bag all of the time, that way when I am at the range, they are there with me.

I bought some from Dick's for $10. They have really helped me on the range and at home. Plus, the fit nicely in the bag.

There was a great segment on this on "the golf fix" today. Don't know if anyone saw it, but it's worth looking for it.

I too bought mine from Lowes. I have loved using them and they have helped me align my feet properly. Not sure if it is because I have contacts, but I seem to set my feet up to the right of my target. It was very frustrating thinking that I was properly set up, and come to find out I am really aiming WAY right. These alignment sticks have changed that, and have helped me improve.

One of my favourite drills with my alignment sticks is to put one behind the hole about 2 feet when practising lag putting. When im on the course I end up visualising the stick which I think has helped me a bit.

One of my favourite drills with my alignment sticks is to put one behind the hole about 2 feet when practising lag putting. When im on the course I end up visualising the stick which I think has helped me a bit.

I may try using that technique Mabbsy, seems like it could be a help in distance control.

Its quite good for making sure you get past the hole if you can get the ball nicely between the stick and the hole , giving it a chance at going in haha
lag putting is still one of my worst areas though, im constantly trying to improve it

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

These alignment sticks seem like a great idea. Definately going to pick some up at Lowes. They seem like a cheap way to help improve my game

Thanks!

These alignment sticks seem like a great idea. Definately going to pick some up at Lowes. They seem like a cheap way to help improve my game

Thanks!

As I said, I just keep them in the bag. I used them today as a alignment aid on the driving range. I have become more accurate since I have started using them and yes, mine are from Lowes.

I use mine during every range session for foot alignment and to ensure my club path is where I want it. Coming too much from the inside?...put one alignment stick on the inside of your ball. You'd be amazed how quickly you fix it.

I got mine the expensive way, @ Golfsmith. I didn't know they were called Driveway Sticks and available at Lowe's when I purchased them. They were $13 for 2 when I bought them. I'm gonna hit Lowe's on the way home and pick up more.

Question about alignment sticks

Question about alignment sticks

I see a lot of people with these in their bags, and this may seem like a dumb question, but what exactly are they used for? The obvious answer to me seems like basically placing them at your feet to check actual target alignment but are there other different uses for them?

You could stick them into the ground in a way to keep from coming over the top. That's what I should be doing with them.

I see a lot of people with these in their bags, and this may seem like a dumb question, but what exactly are they used for? The obvious answer to me seems like basically placing them at your feet to check actual target alignment but are there other different uses for them?

Sure, you can stick one in the ground behind and slightly outside to track your swing more inside, or against your legs to train a sway out of your swing. I'm sure there's plenty more.

Sure, you can stick one in the ground behind and slightly outside to track your swing more inside, or against your legs to train a sway out of your swing. I'm sure there's plenty more.

Makes perfect sense. That alone sounds like enough reason for me to pick up a set. I do a little different drill to try to help with that, but that sounds so much easier and easy to carry around in my bag.

Makes perfect sense. That alone sounds like enough reason for me to pick up a set. I do a little different drill to try to help with that, but that sounds so much easier and easy to carry around in my bag.

You can just go to lowes or home depot and pick up some driveway markers for $5 each, they work just as well and are a quarter of the price. Youtube has a ton of vids on how to use them once you get them.

And cheap. I picked up several at Lowe's Hardware for a couple bucks and they work great. Good luck.

And cheap. I picked up several at Lowe's Hardware for a couple bucks and they work great. Good luck.

Sweet, might go grab a few today actually. Thanks

Back