Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Direct to consumer golf balls have been a wild arena to kick
back and watch the past few years. While we still see a few newcomers jumping
into the game, there are a handful of brands that have really done their due
diligence to dig their feet in and offer the best products they can at some
pretty jaw dropping prices.

One of those companies is Cut Golf, a name that THP’ers are quite familiar with. Through homepage articles and full forum reviews the birth and growth of Cut has been visible to all who have spent some time on our various outlets. The path that they have taken has not been without its bumps and hiccups along the way, and that is something that they not only accept, but have embraced in order to try to come out on the other side a better brand.

2-6-1024x683.jpg

The Lens of Growth

I was first introduced to Cut Golf through THP in 2017 when
it felt like the direct to...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first heard of them I wasn’t very impressed, but they’ve kept chugging along and making new products. It’s good to see a brand take real action in response to feedback from the consumer. Definitely a brand to keep an eye on.

Nice write up @Jman

• Staff
When I first heard of them I wasn’t very impressed, but they’ve kept chugging along and making new products. It’s good to see a brand take real action in response to feedback from the consumer. Definitely a brand to keep an eye on.

Nice write up @Jman
Thank you for reading!

Like I mentioned in the article, I felt much the same that you did. Initially, they were just another golf ball to me trying to hit on what was a hot market at the time.....but.....then they didn’t go away and instead....evolved.

Not only that, but the fact that our feedback played a big role in that? Pretty killer.

It was hard to like this brand when they came out back in 2017. I felt like it was just a company that bought some pre-made ball from China and slapped a logo on it. Knowing there is some QC and design work done from customer feedback makes me feel much better about Cut.

One big way to stay in a market is to be aware of your customer’s needs. Without them, any company could be wasting money on a product that the customer never really cares about in the first place.

• Staff
It was hard to like this brand when they came out back in 2017. I felt like it was just a company that bought some pre-made ball from China and slapped a logo on it. Knowing there is some QC and design work done from customer feedback makes me feel much better about Cut.

One big way to stay in a market is to be aware of your customer’s needs. Without them, any company could be wasting money on a product that the customer never really cares about in the first place.

I think this is the feeling most had. I know I was pretty blunt on my thoughts early on. It was during the onslaught of D2C ball brands and lawsuits were flying, so I think it was a feeling more had than didn’t have.

The evolution in the offerings and willingness to not only put their product out there to be tested but to take the feedback and use it though, that’s a company now functioning on a much bigger and better level in my opinion.

I tried the gray when it came out and was quite impressed by the ball. It checked all the boxes for me. Felt soft, good distance and short game spin. The ONLY reason I haven't continued to buy them is because I'm partial to yellow and when Snell came out with the Black in yellow, I have been primarily using them. Cost wise, I don't know if there's a better ball out there than Cut. Just my .02

Great write up @Jman this ball is a staple in my bag since reading some of the early reviews.
In 2018 I used their Matte orange while I was developing my game as a beginner. I found it to be the best performing non urethane ball on the market and easy to find out in the rough. As I progressed, I started to use the Cut Grey for better spin around the greens and have been extremely happy with them. Currently I play only the Grey and QST as they seem to fit my game perfectly and hit the price point I like.

Nice article @Jman. This is my first time hearing about these and will definitely check out. Sounds like I am hearing about them at the right time with all of the improvements they have made based off of THP feedback. Would love to check out the matte finish ones.

Great write up as always @Jman - The title of the article is: Cut Golf: Real Feedback Real Changes
I re-read the article and besides the 100% Satisfaction guarantee, do know if they have made any changes to their Golf Balls for 2020?

Good to hear they listened to feedback from those that were buying their oroduct

Their logo has really caught my eye, pretty nice look. They have some cool stuff on the website. As a soon to be first time dad, my favorite hat has to be "The DILF 2.0" 🤣

Might have to cop one!

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 7.55.49 AM.png

Great write up as always @Jman - The title of the article is: Cut Golf: Real Feedback Real Changes
I re-read the article and besides the 100% Satisfaction guarantee, do know if they have made any changes to their Golf Balls for 2020?

You mean other than addressing all of the feedback they got on them with things like durability of cover, like was in the article? :p

Seriously though, the point is the evolution has been to constantly evolve and take the feedback to make a better product, which we have seen here. Plus, to put minds at ease on the cover being reformulated it’s now backed with a 100% money back promise.

Those are definitely real changes brought from real feedback, imo.

Their logo has really caught my eye, pretty nice look. They have some cool stuff on the website. As a soon to be first time dad, my favorite hat has to be "The DILF 2.0" 🤣

Might have to cop one!

View attachment 8933238
They’ve really taken a logo I was pretty critical of early on and turned it into a nice branding.

To be completely honest, I haven't played any of their balls yet, but after reading this I am very intrigued to try the Cut Blue out. 1 dozen for $20 makes shanking one into the woods not as painful

To be completely honest, I haven't played any of their balls yet, but after reading this I am very intrigued to try the Cut Blue out. 1 dozen for $20 makes shanking one into the woods not as painful
Haha! I know that swing/move well myself!

They’ve really taken a logo I was pretty critical of early on and turned it into a nice branding.

Again, this is my first time seeing this logo.. I think it is fresh. :cool:

Again, this is my first time seeing this logo.. I think it is fresh. :cool:
It’s evolved nicely, it was a little broad early on, but they’ve really made it crisp and clean now.

For me they never moved the needle or jumped on my radar. the D2C market is one where I can see a golf ball company makes some strides, but they aren't for me. Maybe it's a trust thing or maybe it's my bias, but it's not a golf segment that registers with me.

For me they never moved the needle or jumped on my radar. the D2C market is one where I can see a golf ball company makes some strides, but they aren't for me. Maybe it's a trust thing or maybe it's my bias, but it's not a golf segment that registers with me.
Have you tried them?

Nice article @Jman. This is my first time hearing about these and will definitely check out. Sounds like I am hearing about them at the right time with all of the improvements they have made based off of THP feedback. Would love to check out the matte finish ones.

I think one of the best parts is you can literally jump in and buy a sleeve of balls to try right now and not spend much.

Totally agree here.

Great read @Jman! I’ve got to agree with you completely that Cut Golf has been making constant improvement. The Grey remains one of my go-to balls for indoor practice based on the price, performance, and WAY improved durability.

Have you tried them?

No and honestly have no desire to. Again I fully admit my bias here, but the D2C market is one that just isn't on my golf radar as something to try.

Solid article James. Looking forward to seeing their next cycle update based on the feedback, especially on the cut grey

You mean other than addressing all of the feedback they got on them with things like durability of cover, like was in the article? :p

Seriously though, the point is the evolution has been to constantly evolve and take the feedback to make a better product, which we have seen here. Plus, to put minds at ease on the cover being reformulated it’s now backed with a 100% money back promise.

Those are definitely real changes brought from real feedback, imo.

Ok, I missed the fact that the cover has been reformulated in the article - Saw that they identified a bad batch and that they are offering the 100% money back promise.
Reading is still a Skill....

Wonder if they had address the brightness or in this case the lack of brightness of the cover -
Couple of holes in play and they turned grayish.

Last edited:
Back