Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had a confirmed death of a 21 year old girl here in the UK (who had no underlying conditions) but I have also heard reports of an 18 year old as well, although that isn't confirmed and I don't know if they had underlying conditions

It just goes to show that despite what everyone says, this can and does affect all ages

In our house, the cough that Jen developed a couple days ago doesn't seem to be getting any worse so we are hopeful that she hasn't had it and it has just been a cough/cold
I have a pretty permanent cough anyway due to it being a side-effect of a medication I take (I have been investigated many times for asthma etc and all clear) but at the moment I am entirely fine, so fingers crossed that we will both be clear whilst we confine ourselves to the house

And what conservatives there are on some campuses, many keep mum about it for fear of some kind of back lash. Freedom of speech for me, but not for thee, lol.
It's always been that way on both sides. At Harvard. And at Liberty Baptist.

I'm obviously a well left of center progressive liberal, but I agree with Sean on the above.
That's why in recent years I've emphasized progressive more than liberal, because liberals can go over the top on non-economic social issues.

Ok people, again no politics. No more college talk. PLEASE READ MY WORDS!

It's always been that way on both sides. At Harvard. And at Liberty Baptist.

I'm obviously a well left of center progressive liberal, but I agree with Sean on the above.
That's why in recent years I've emphasized progressive more than liberal, because liberals can go over the top on non-economic social issues.

See above. I will not keep repeating myself, so please make sure to read all the posts. NO MORE POLITICS!

An older gentleman that lived outs Myrtle Beach, passed away yesterday from this. News says he was older, but otherwise healthy!

This is infuriating me. They are all coming to Florida too for some reason. I hate to say it, but I wish they would just close down all domestic flights, or at least flights from NY and other hard hit areas. You want to contain this thing, stop letting people out of there.

I bet at least part of it is that round trip flights to many Florida locations are down to well under $100.

Is anyone else paranoid as soon as the throat feels a little sore or you take a drink and cough? It's sinus season now in Texas ... and out comes the claritin, water, and zinc throat spray.

It wears on you. And then there is the news. TV is off and I'm about to cut most cable to save $$$. Can you stream TGC?

See above. I will not keep repeating myself, so please make sure to read all the posts. NO MORE POLITICS!

Sorry. We weren't having a political argument, but I see and agree with your point.

[I also see your point of view as it's my post you quoted as a problem and not Sean's.
Also, the forum has a right wing advertisement directly beneath my post right now.]

Sorry. We weren't having a political argument, but I see and agree with your point.
[I also see your point of view as it's my post you quoted as a problem and not Sean's.]

Trying to throw that last part in there will get you some time away from the board, because unlike @JB, I don't give second and third chances, so you can cut that crap out right now.

He did not make a political post after I asked for it to stop, you did, that's why you got quoted.

Is anyone else paranoid as soon as the throat feels a little sore or you take a drink and cough? It's sinus season now in Texas ... and out comes the claritin, water, and zinc throat spray.

It wears on you. And then there is the news. TV is off and I'm about to cut most cable to save $$$. Can you stream TGC?
Yes. No fever is keeping me from being totally crazy about though.

Which is why I think we need to just shut it down for a few weeks.
I don't disagree. Just giving a possible reason. About 2 weeks ago, I was really close to buying tickets to head down in early April and visit my mom. Really now that glad I got distracted (at work, not by the virus) and didn't follow through.

I don't disagree. Just giving a possible reason. About 2 weeks ago, I was really close to buying tickets to head down in early April and visit my mom. Really now that glad I got distracted (at work, not by the virus) and didn't follow through.

I feel bad even saying it, I don't want to shut down travel, but if it's for a short time to stop this, then I am all for it.

Thank you @GolferGal for not allowing political BS on this thread. I frequent this thread as many others are doing to get real time info from across the country from other members without political bias.

I have been certain I am coming down with it 3 times a day for 6 weeks now lol. With the wide spectrum of symptoms it is hard not too.

[I also see your point of view as it's my post you quoted as a problem and not Sean's.
Also, the forum has a right wing advertisement directly beneath my post right now.]

That is a google ad and appears based on your own searching history.
And let me say this...Don't EVER say what you said to my wife again in that private message she just forwarded me.

I feel bad even saying it, I don't want to shut down travel, but if it's for a short time to stop this, then I am all for it.
Increasingly experts are suggesting a 6-10 week federal shut down with extreme stay at home measures as the best case scenario for health and economic outcomes. This is brutal but is the reality of our situation. I saw a promising study out of Oxford today suggesting the rate of asymptomatic infected may be much higher than expected which would be amazing news as it would mean more people are infected without symptoms and we are much closer to the end of this than most experts believe.

It's been very difficult for me to not fly home to be with my elderly parents or even check in on my brother who likely has a bad case of COVID 19 and lives a mile away. My girlfriend is really struggling with not being able to see her elderly parents who are only 45 minutes away.

I have been certain I am coming down with it 3 times a day for 6 weeks now lol. With the wide spectrum of symptoms it is hard not too.

Every time I cough I'm like ahhh crap. I check my temp 2-3 times a day just to be safe, but I know the lovely shade of pollen yellow my car is right now sure isn't helping things. Seems you just can't take enough allergy medication sometimes!

Increasingly experts are suggesting a 6-10 week federal shut down with extreme stay at home measures as the best case scenario for health and economic outcomes. This is brutal but is the reality of our situation. I saw a promising study out of Oxford today suggesting the rate of asymptomatic infected may be much higher than expected which would be amazing news as it would mean more people are infected without symptoms and we are much closer to the end of this than most experts believe.

It's been very difficult for me to not fly home to be with my elderly parents or even check in on my brother who likely has a bad case of COVID 19 and lives a mile away. My girlfriend is really struggling with not being able to see her elderly parents who are only 45 minutes away.

I like the idea of being closer to the end.

My issue with what is happening with the resorts is that some of these resorts are in the middle of residential neighborhoods, mostly occupied by seniors and they are putting all those people at risk.

Every time I cough I'm like ahhh crap. I check my temp 2-3 times a day just to be safe, but I know the lovely shade of pollen yellow my car is right now sure isn't helping things. Seems you just can't take enough allergy medication sometimes!

I am so grateful that I learned earlier this year that I have asthma, or I would think for sure I have it. I have had some days where I can barely breathe. Fortunately, I got my Rx refilled, and that, along with my inhaler, has helped a ton. After I walk the dog in the morning i'm a mess. Sneezing, coughing, wheezing, it's gross.

Oh yes. I've played the last three days, having a cart to myself, bringing my own antiseptic wipes to wipe down the cart, more aware of keeping my distances than one of my playing partners and still very paranoid about touching anything or having the slightest feeling of being not quite normal (all in my head!)

I am so grateful that I learned earlier this year that I have asthma, or I would think for sure I have it. I have had some days where I can barely breathe. Fortunately, I got my Rx refilled, and that, along with my inhaler, has helped a ton. After I walk the dog in the morning i'm a mess. Sneezing, coughing, wheezing, it's gross.

Probably all cause of that fridge fan, idk

It was so interesting. I just ran to the grocery store for 5-6 things and the people who seemed the least concerned about social distancing were actually those who appeared to be in the "higher risk" category.

That's not to generalize about who is and isn't doing it, just seemed extremely noticeable given there were maybe only 20 people in the entire store.

Probably all cause of that fridge fan, idk

I just banned someone a few minutes ago, I can keep going.

tenor.gif

It was so interesting. I just ran to the grocery store for 5-6 things and the people who seemed the least concerned about social distancing were actually those who appeared to be in the "higher risk" category.

That's not to generalize about who is and isn't doing it, just seemed extremely noticeable given there were maybe only 20 people in the entire store.

It's a mixed bag of that here. When I was at the grocery store earlier this week I saw some wearing gloves and masks, and others not caring at all. Take my dad for example. He has diabetes, high blood pressure and kidney disease and he not happy that my mother was only able to get Angle Soft TP that he was going from store, to store, to store to try and find Charmin.

I noticed the same. I on the other hand I was only missing the Hazmat suit. I ran out to today for some milk and a few other things and you would've thought I was going to a Nuclear facility. It scares me to death going anywhere because of my Wife and her health issues. I'm terrified of bringing it back and her getting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back