The Masters [Spoilers]

Tiger Woods is Back!!!!!

Tiger Woods is Back!!!!!
You say this almost every tournament TW is in. hehe

ps: I read in an online magazine today that TW tweeted that he is nervous and excited about playing in the Master's.

Phil won it with -16 last year.
I know. I just think that's too low a score for a major. You'll sometimes see scores like this at The Open Championship if the weather is benign.

i heard TW was going to withdraw from professional Golf and become a has been so he can compete on Dancing With The Stars next season.

I have complete confidence in you, had you said you were taking him I was going to shy away. I'm so confident in your curse! Although I remember a certain someone who had him picked at the Honda....maybe I should follow your lead. Hmmmm. Who else do you like/dislike this week?

That's right, you seem to forget that I picked the winner at the Honda. I will never give away my secrets, then everyone will be fighting for 105th place like my finish last week ha. ; )

That's right, you seem to forget that I picked the winner at the Honda. I will never give away my secrets, then everyone will be fighting for 105th place like my finish last week ha. ; )

I think you beat me!

ooooooh, I just beat you at 101! haha, I have been horrible for 2 weeks straight.

I think you beat me!

ooooooh, I just beat you at 101! haha, I have been horrible for 2 weeks straight.

I normally always pick Phil but I figured he would barely hang on to make the cut last week so I decided to bench him. Go figure he goes and wins the whole damn thing.

I normally always pick Phil but I figured he would barely hang on to make the cut last week so I decided to bench him. Go figure he goes and wins the whole damn thing.

You know I'm a Phil homer and I didn't pick him for the same reasons you didn't. How stupid are we?

You know I'm a Phil homer and I didn't pick him for the same reasons you didn't. How stupid are we?

I know! I would say on a scale of 1 to 10 we were about an 11 this past week for not picking him.

haha...ya'll are stupid for not picking him!

I'm going to do as little as possible this week in preparation for the Masters. I think any true golf fan would do the same.

I know! I would say on a scale of 1 to 10 we were about an 11 this past week for not picking him.

Im in the same boat. I certainly didnt think he was going to go out and have the weekend he did.

I think DJ will own this course but I'm not sure his short game is up to it right now. His length will bring back memories of Tiger in 97 when he was hitting wedges and short irons into the par 5's for his second shot.

I belive not sure if i'm right or not ,but DJ in 8 rounds has only broken par twice with a 70 and a 71 , so my guess is the course is going to own him maybe sneek into the top 25 ,

I'm hoping to see Tiger pull it out, but I honestly don't think it's going to happen. I'm ready for AK to break through and get a major though.

I would NOT be disappointed with an AK win. I used to always hate my dads response when he was watching a game and I asked who he was rooting for. He'd always say "I'm just hoping for a good game." And now I have finally come to understand what he meant by this all that time. I have definitely fit into this mold in the past couple years where I just want to see great players playing great!

Today was practice round Monday. I got up at 0705 and was noisy in the shower so Mrs SAM would stir, too. We left the house about 0840 and were parked and walking to the grounds by 0920. Sadly what was striking this year was the incredible numbers of folks that drove into the free parking areas the National provides just to beg tickets from patrons as they walked in. I was asked easily 20 times as I walked from the car to the gates if I had tickets to sell.

Anyway, we got inside and headed for the practice area first; here is the practice green beside the range

001.jpg

And after a few minutes Mr. Furyk came over to roll a few:

004.jpg

Last edited:
Today was practice round Monday. I got up at 0705 and was noisy in the shower so Mrs SAM would stir, too. We left the house about 0840 and were parked and walking to the grounds by 0920. Sadly what was striking this year was the incredible numbers of folks that drove into the free parking areas the National provides just to beg tickets from patrons as they walked in. I was asked easily 20 times as I walked from the car to the gates if I had tickets to sell.

Anyway, we got inside and headed for the practice area first; here is the practice green beside the range

(oops - edit - didn't load from Shutterfly - patience while I try to get this)

try Photobucket if shutterfly isn't working. Also, you got an extra ticket to sell man? :D

Then it was on to the grandstand area behind the range:

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

Last edited:
GREAT pics Sam!!!

And some more looks:

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

Back