What’s Your 150 Club?

Bleeding Green
Reaction score
I was reading a “How Would You Play This Hole“ and noticed that from 162 large proportion of people were picking a 9 iron. Got me wondering, are there a lot of players out there hitting wedge from 150?

What’s your club of choice from 150, fairway lie, no up or downhill and no wind.

For me, it’s a stock 9 iron shot to a 150 pin.

I'm old and slow, 7 iron to 150 all day and every day.

Right now I’m a full PW from 150.

Lately I am 8 iron for 150.

Used to be PW, now its a hard 9 or maybe a soft 8

I would be hitting a 7i I hit that 150 yards. I miss the days of it being an 8 iron with weaker lofted irons.

Forged Tec = PW

Players Set = 9i

8iron for me.

Solid, nicely struck 9 for me.

I play 919 tours.

150 yard - Choked down 6i or Hard 7i

I'm right in between a soft 6 and a hard 7. Depends a lot on where the trouble is. If long is death, I'll play for a short miss. If it's bunkered or wet in front, I'll risk going a bit long.

Currently an 8 iron as I get older. Used to be my 9/PW occasionally but old age has gotten the best of me.

It's a 7.5 iron:sneaky: My stock smooth 8i number is 144 and stock smooth 7i is 156 per GPS. At 150 I probably try to step on an 8i or choke down a 7i equally. Just depends on if the miss favors long or short.

8 iron, i swing nice and slow but hit em straight.. :golf:

8 iron for me

Depending on conditions such as lie, air temperature, humidity, elevation above sea level, uphill, downhill, upwind, downwind etc.... I will play a 150 yard shot with anything from a PW to a 5-iron, so six different likely clubs for that yardage.

It would be a 9 for me from 150 here and the 162 from the other thread with a bit of wind.

With my CF19 setup on a frisky day it might be a PW from 150, depending on spin needed. Couldn't muster it with my Forged tec setup without injury worthy effort.

In play my 8i to 145 and 7i to 155, so depending on conditions I pulling either club.

The 8 iron was my stock 150 club. Since I got my new Apex irons late last year, it looks like the 150 will now be my 9 iron.

8 iron

Back