The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would, somewhere hot, if I was american I would be in Florida or San Diego so fast it would make even more of the hated wind.

I have several close friends that moved to San Diego many years ago. Nice place to visit, but too sunny all the time. FL I couldn't handle the humidity for months on end.

Kevin

I haven't payed that close attention. I thought you were from Fargo. What's wrong with that? I know a woman from Mandan. That's the extent of my North Dakotaian acquaintances. You'll be the second.

Kevin
I got a voice mail from Jarret the other day (One-T)...."FAAAAAAAARGO....what's up buddy?" So it makes me laugh actually. I guess it's the way I talk? Heck I don't know. :confused2:

I have several close friends that moved to San Diego many years ago. Nice place to visit, but too sunny all the time. FL I couldn't handle the humidity for months on end.

Kevin

With our gray overcast skies for 5 months I'll take "too sunny" any day. I got married in kawaii and if they had let me stay we would have never come home. Anyway back on topic, Team Hackers > Team Paradise.

Kevin
Not to continue too far off topic, but I could handle everything in San Diego except the cost!!!

So yeah I'm happy our season is started, (I think that's where we lost the topic) and even with the wind at least the temps are climbing and we're out there playing or practicing. I'll be out there again tomorrow and Thursday before shutting 'er down for most of the weekend. Except for Saturday which is the huge Callaway demo at our golf shop, I can't wait for that!

It's just been too wet and cold here to accomplish anything so I don't bother. 50s this weekend. Grace's swing coach is back from AL and we're having lunch Thursday. I'll set up a Saturday lesson for her at our course, and we'll practice and play. If the weather holds we'll play Sunday. Right now my next work week is shaping up to be really slow so I'll get some time in.

Kevin

that would be awesome if there was no wind- im terrible at predicting shots into it.

Driver lesson today - and i was killing it. I had slowed my driver swing down bc of the early season misses. I figured by slowing it down i would hit it squarer. Well that let me get too "handsy" - and after 5 mins of telling me to just get after it a few times and lets see what happens.. i was murdering the ball. Told me as long as i keep my spine angle maintained - and fire the right shoulder into the ball - like im smothering it - i can swing as hard as i want. I was impressed. Usually if i go after it too much ill top the dang thing hah. At the end of the lesson though i was just swinging hard - and making the best contact ive ever felt. Center face - felt sweet nutting them into the net. We'll see if i can take it the course in the am. Right now i feel amazing. One of the better lessons ive had. Just an "AHA" moment.

that would be awesome if there was no wind- im terrible at predicting shots into it.

Driver lesson today - and i was killing it. I had slowed my driver swing down bc of the early season misses. I figured by slowing it down i would hit it squarer. Well that let me get too "handsy" - and after 5 mins of telling me to just get after it a few times and lets see what happens.. i was murdering the ball. Told me as long as i keep my spine angle maintained - and fire the right shoulder into the ball - like im smothering it - i can swing as hard as i want. I was impressed. Usually if i go after it too much ill top the dang thing hah. At the end of the lesson though i was just swinging hard - and making the best contact ive ever felt. Center face - felt sweet nutting them into the net. We'll see if i can take it the course in the am. Right now i feel amazing. One of the better lessons ive had. Just an "AHA" moment.

Great stuff CG, gotta bring the driver to the MC, imabsolutlykillingmyironsrightnow.

Good news lads: I spoke with my guy at Reunion and he'll let us play a practice round on Thursday, whether we stay there or not, for the same price as if we're staying on the grounds.

Good news lads: I spoke with my guy at Reunion and he'll let us play a practice round on Thursday, whether we stay there or not, for the same price as if we're staying on the grounds.
Outstanding work buddy! Thanks for all your work on that!

great job master negotiator!

*bro hug, chestbump, high five, ranch optional*

Kidding about the ranch and chest bump. High five and bro hug are a must. Thanks man! I can't wait to show off my blades!

*bro hug, chestbump, high five, ranch optional*

Kidding about the ranch and chest bump. High five and bro hug are a must. Thanks man! I can't wait to show off my blades!

Glad you're excited buddy!

Sweet dude...that deserves a beer on me

Great job TC, best news we could have gotten. Beers for you in May.

Outstanding job TC.

One of the better lessons ive had. Just an "AHA" moment.

This is a good description for all great golf moments cg! :D

Nice work on the practice rounds TC...I think it's great that we'll all be able to tee it up on Thursday before the MC and get a look at at least one of the courses we'll be competing on.

Glad to hear those of you not staying on the grounds can play a practice round. Looks like Ary, cg, and I lost at least part of our home field advantage.

Kevin

Supporting the sponsor. Ordered three adidas golf shirts that came today. Two ClimaCool mesh and a ClimaLite. Light blue, a "slate" type blue, and an orange. My adidas windshirt shipped yesterday.

I'm going to look like a golfing dandy. I usually wear black. Oh, and black. I'm married or the chicks wouldn't stand a chance.

Kevin

Last edited:
Supporting the sponsor. Ordered three adidas golf shirts that came today. Two ClimaCool mesh and a ClimaLite. Light blue, a "slate" type blue, and an orange. My adidas windshirt shipped yesterday.

I'm going to look like a golfing dandy. I usually wear black. Oh, and black. I'm married or the chicks wouldn't stand a chance.

Kevin

Because of the black or because of being a dandy?

Kevin

Kevin

I like how your getting use to the feel of the shirts before you get to the MC. Your gonna be prepared!!

I like how your getting use to the feel of the shirts before you get to the MC. Your gonna be prepared!!

A comfortable shirt is very important. The windshirt is in the UPS truck as of 5:00 am and must be driving around my community. Sweet.

Kevin

A comfortable shirt is very important. The windshirt is in the UPS truck as of 5:00 am and must be driving around my community. Sweet.

Kevin

Nice Kevin, check out the new in the closet thread and tell me if you bought the exact same shirt I did yesterday. I got a light blue Climalite shirt.

Yours looks shinier. And smaller. LOL.

Does it have the three little white stripes at the back of the collar? The light blue one I got is a ClimaLite Stretch. It feels more like a cotton shirt than the two ClimaCool, which are shinier and slipperier.

Tonight I might go buy a TM TP glove. I've never worn a TM glove that I know of, but am looking forward to it after the reading the recent glove thread. If Golfsmith or Golf Galaxy has them in right hand. Should maybe glom on to some Pentas, too, though I got a bunch of balls for Christmas. I've played the Penta and liked it a lot, so may wait until I go through a dozen or so of what I have.

I'm like a lady the way I'm shopping for stuff.

Kevin

DO you like the feel of the shirt though Esox? I love them myself. Super comfy. I have been using a TM Stratus golf glove for quite some time and really like it.

Man thats a lot of shopping Kevin, No it doesn't have 3 stripes on the back so if some how I end up in Cheeseland and at your course there should be no matching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back