The Official Banter Away Thread

I'd like for my next truck to have a lift kit. And four wheel drive. And locking differentials. But i live too far form work to use a truck as a daily driver...
I'm on my fourth pickup truck and have never done a lift kit or even bigger wheels/tires. Yet I bought bigger wheels, tires and a full suspension upgrade for my Polaris RZR. It makes sense though, because my truck isn't my offroad toy, and I flog the RZR out in the desert. My trucks are always 4x4 though, because boat ramps get slippery during the summer and I don't want to be the dude roasting off half my rear tires trying to get up the ramp.

I went down the music video hole the other night. For 3 hours. :oops:
I've been down a number of rabbit holes I am completely unwilling to admit to recently hahaha

At one point I was watching a 10 hour video on pure rainstorm audio, waiting for the world to continue ticking 😬

I've never had a want to upgrade any vehicle I've had... I've always been the conservative person. I want 4x4 next time... even if I never use it. And I want a boat... but that'll never happen.:(

I have been obsessed with garden/lawn videos, and videos where guys are fixing mowers (of all things).

Got me to fix up my mower this spring, and now gearing up for garden and lawn work..... hopefully I don't take up painting restoration as a hobby.
I demand you stream it.

I've been down a number of rabbit holes I am completely unwilling to admit to recently hahaha

At one point I was watching a 10 hour video on pure rainstorm audio, waiting for the world to continue ticking 😬

A buddy of mine just discovered Chick-fil-A had breakfast. Like as in he found out this week. I almost unfriended him but I know that’s not how any of this works.

I've never had a want to upgrade any vehicle I've had... I've always been the conservative person. I want 4x4 next time... even if I never use it. And I want a boat... but that'll never happen.:(
I've never done lifts and wheels/big tires on my trucks because they're ridiculously expensive and purely cosmetic (for my use). Besides, the big off-road tires are noisy, suck for gas mileage, and cost a freaking fortune every time you have to replace them! I can spend that money on a lot of other things that are a lot more practical and useful.

I know a guy who has an 8" lift on his truck, full King suspension all around and runs 38" tires. His truck is meticulously detailed, has never once been off-road, and he gets pissy if he has to so much as drive through a little gravel on the roadway. It's the ultimate wannabe posermobile.

I've never done lifts and wheels/big tires on my trucks because they're ridiculously expensive and purely cosmetic (for my use). Besides, the big off-road tires are noisy, suck for gas mileage, and cost a freaking fortune every time you have to replace them! I can spend that money on a lot of other things that are a lot more practical and useful.

I know a guy who has an 8" lift on his truck, full King suspension all around and runs 38" tires. His truck is meticulously detailed, has never once been off-road, and he gets pissy if he has to so much as drive through a little gravel on the roadway. It's the ultimate wannabe posermobile.
Posermobile.:ROFLMAO:

Yeah, if it hadn't been for my second wife's daughter being in band and my wife volunteering us to drive the truck (which we bought) to tow the band trailer to events, I wouldn't have a truck.

I use mine for truck stuff... hauling garbage to the collection point. Moving my power tools from point a to point b. Getting mulh from the home depot home. It's 2 wheel drive. i saw no need to upgrade the wheels or tires... well, tires yes. It's got kelley tires on it now and I think a belt let loose in one... that would be the second time that's happened... no more of that brand for me.

But a lift kit, maybe. I don't take my truck offroad. I'm afraid to get stuck.

Posermobile.:ROFLMAO:

Yeah, if it hadn't been for my second wife's daughter being in band and my wife volunteering us to drive the truck (which we bought) to tow the band trailer to events, I wouldn't have a truck.

I use mine for truck stuff... hauling garbage to the collection point. Moving my power tools from point a to point b. Getting mulh from the home depot home. It's 2 wheel drive. i saw no need to upgrade the wheels or tires... well, tires yes. It's got kelley tires on it now and I think a belt let loose in one... that would be the second time that's happened... no more of that brand for me.

But a lift kit, maybe. I don't take my truck offroad. I'm afraid to get stuck.
Poserdude also has a locking hard tonneau cover on his bed, so now it's not even a pickup - it's basically an SUV with a big, very low and nearly useless storage compartment. That severely limits what you can put in the bed. He couldn't even put a freaking bicycle in there without loosening the stem and turning the handlebars sideways, wouldn't fit under the cover. Ain't nobody got time for that.

For years I hauled dirt bikes in my pickup truck, until I bought my RZR and sold my dirt bikes a couple years ago. Mountain bikes, power tools, Home Depot runs, trash, towing the boat, towing my RZR trailer when we travel to ride - once you've gotten used to having a pickup truck it's hard to not have one because they're so utilitarian.

Think about this before you do the lift - having a lift kit means the bed is higher and you have to lift things higher to get them into the bed. It also makes it more difficult for shorter people to get in the truck. My wife is 5'3" and she hates climbing into my truck as it is, even with the add-on step rails - if I lifted it, she'd need a stepladder. :LOL: Also, if you tow anything, you need to run a drop hitch or your trailer's ride angle will be all whacked out.

Come on up to South Dakota, I can make that happen!
Hahahaha, last time I was up that way was on the way to Fargo to wrestle in nationals.

I’ve long been told here on the forum that my golf courses here in OK only have one tree, which is pretty hilarious.

One of my former HS golfers who’s playing college golf now (and retained his freshman status with this COVID chaos) shot 65 yesterday hitting only 11 greens. :oops:

One of my former HS golfers who’s playing college golf now (and retained his freshman status with this COVID chaos) shot 65 yesterday hitting only 11 greens. :oops:
Some serious up and down skills right there!

Burrito is very underrated.

Something to try next time i grab breakfast. Never thought about a burrito from them.

A buddy of mine just discovered Chick-fil-A had breakfast. Like as in he found out this week. I almost unfriended him but I know that’s not how any of this works.

Headed to get my balls clipped. Already medicated, yay

I'd love to revisit the initial brainstorming session... Gets guys want to create a $400 million business? Let's make short videos
It’s always the simplest ideas.....ugh

I kind of want to start doing video reviews or highlights of "hidden gem" 9 hole courses that people may never have heard of or given a chance to. We have a couple within a couple hours of me that are great and I wish would get more attention. That could be a fun golf series, especially since most are pretty affordable.

Back