The Official Banter Away Thread

I kind of want to start doing video reviews or highlights of "hidden gem" 9 hole courses that people may never have heard of or given a chance to. We have a couple within a couple hours of me that are great and I wish would get more attention. That could be a fun golf series, especially since most are pretty affordable.
I’m a Kev supporter so I’d watch.

• Appreciation
Reactions: KEV
I’m a Kev supporter so I’d watch.

If I was 20 years old again. I would buy a sprinter van to live in and drive around the country doing youtube golf videos. But, I am 40, have a wife, 3 daughters, a mortgage, and debt. So, I talk golf here...

It’s always the simplest ideas.....ugh
Still mad I couldn't create the disappearing photos idea...aka snapchat

The ones that don’t really disappear yet high school kids are ignorant to that fact? Haha

If I was 20 years old again. I would buy a sprinter van to live in and drive around the country doing youtube golf videos. But, I am 40, have a wife, 3 daughters, a mortgage, and debt. So, I talk golf here...
Same here, dang family and responsibility makes those kind of dreams a challenge. Adulting is a bummer. I guess the family is worth it though, most days :ROFLMAO:.

A buddy of mine started a photo hosting site that started getting big enough that hacker types and such were using it to host not so savory things and use his bandwidth. Had he not been only one person instead of a team of people on an app that could manage security, he might have been able to avoid shutting it down and end up selling it for a pretty penny.

Sometimes all you can do is laugh.

Not my first rodeo!

Same here, dang family and responsibility makes those kind of dreams a challenge. Adulting is a bummer. I guess the family is worth it though, most days :ROFLMAO:.

There are some things I would wouldn't trade for the world. Those being my girls.. They are sooo much fun..

• Appreciation
Reactions: KEV
Anyone else go from "ok no more spending!" To "wel that's too good of a deal, gotta get it"... not even in golf realm?

Bought 100 flagstone blocks for $50, then 2 loungers frontage backyard for another 150.. them some more new beers... geeeez gotta stop

To offset all that, anyone have an idea what a limited edition v2 shaft would be fair price? I tried it a number of times but have to stick with the LinQ.. please PM is anyone has a suggestion (or if interested!)
20191222_134345.jpg

Last edited:
packing a 40L hiking pack is like packing a staff bag :ROFLMAO:

Anyone else go from "ok no more spending!" To "wel that's too good of a deal, gotta get it"... not even in golf realm?

Bought 100 flagstone blocks for $50, then 2 loungers frontage backyard for another 150.. them some more new beers... geeeez gotta stop

To offset all that, anyone have an idea what a limited edition v2 shaft would be fair price? I tried it a number of times but have to stick with the LinQ.. please PM is anyone has a suggestion (or if interested!)
View attachment 8943433
Years ago I got an amazing deal on a tubular k member for my mustang I had at the time. Figured since I had the tubular k, might as well get tubular a-arms. If that's changing, might as well do struts and coilovers. Since I'm doing the k member, should go ahead and do headers while I've got the room. Those will need a new midpipe,too. Why wouldn't I do the rear suspension if I'm completely redoing the front?

That's how $400 turns into $4,000.

a3057438b80363b811255c90852e7d05.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I spent the last two plus hours mowing a really tiny plot of land that was way over grown. Super happy I did that because it was bugging the heck out of me and now I can focus on enjoying golf tomorrow

This THP Community is nothing short of amazing.
You guys/gals are the best.

My wife keeps telling me to build my own green here on our place, yet when I look at the work involved...well, I am older and will get out of work right now if I can. Ok, so maybe a little rant and not a rant at the same time. :cool:

School start date moved up 1 week to start after summer for kiddos (or should say during summer). Day 1 - August 6th!

School start date moved up 1 week to start after summer for kiddos (or should say during summer). Day 1 - August 6th!

Just your school or is that state wide?

NC did the same thing. They moved the start date up 5 days.

Back