Golf the Noun vs Golf the Verb

I had no idea this was a thing, but what a load of old bollocks. I’d rather use the word golfing over things like winningest or burglarized!!!!

well i just received a text for DTG (Down to Golf)!!! Where does that put me one the serious enthusiast scale?

Whats a noun or a verb? I haven't heard those terms since high school :ROFLMAO:

I'm going golfing.

truth be told... usually i text or talk about hitting the links when I am going golfing.

truth be told... usually i text or talk about hitting the links when I am going golfing.

Even when playing a woodland style course?

Even when playing a woodland style course?

Haha I could be playing a muni, a country club, a links, a par 3, a woodlands course, beach course (never have) ... Always hittin the links.

I go golfing and hope I bring my golf swing with me! 😎

I always say I’m here to hit some golf. Am I doing it wrong?

Will referring to this the correct way save me any strokes?

it's a noun. not a verb. this is how the typical sentence would go for the guy who violates this axiom: "I just finished putting all the covers on my irons because I'm golfing tomorrow."

All I know is that golf is flog spelled backwards.
1591292654565.gif

I golf my ball all the time.

I am not a serious golfer I guess.

Or maybe I'm so serious about golf, that I don't give a **** how you say it, just how you play it.

Wait, is this all from @Canadan saying he 'golfed his ball'? Or did I miss something on a podcast?

Doesn't matter to me if it's golf or going golfing, as long as I'm doing it that's all I really care about!

Guess I am in the non-serious category as I always saying "going golfing".

I feel the term I play golf is like those that insist on saying THE Ohio State University. Common it is Ohio State we don't need the THE and University. ;)

it's a noun. not a verb. this is how the typical sentence would go for the guy who violates this axiom: "I just finished putting all the covers on my irons because I'm golfing tomorrow."

I'm here for these hot takes.

2.jpg

Just golf your ball, kids.

This post is funny. Tell me verb/noun relationship of the following:
“I’m going drinking with my friends”
“I’m drinking with my friends”

BTW - where’s the English Majors out there?

I find it assuming that it's so controversial. People use nouns as verbs often (boating, for example), and it's much better than the reverse (denominalization >>>>>> nominalization). I say it both ways because I don't think about it.

Back