PODCAST Off Course: Episode 8: Music on the Course and BIG CONTEST

Here you go @HipCheck you can clip it on your bag and won't have to remember :D

Music on the course is like music at a tailgate. You want your own playlist, not the group next to you. I don’t listen to music on the course, but if I did I’d buy a speaker - I’m not a savage.

I'm ok with music on the course...EXCEPT @Qwkz51's playlist!😳😂

I always bring my bluetooth speaker in my cart. I can hear it when I'm in the cart and just outside, but I don't crank it. I know a couple of guys that crank it and that's annoying. Also gotta have my stocked cooler.:) So nice to have my cart in the garage to stock up and then just drive up to the clubhouse and play.

Music is a huge part of my life and I really enjoy a variety. It is awesome on the golf course and can really enhance my round. It is all about being respectful and ensuring that it is not annoying to those around you, especially when other groups are close by.

Music here in Ohio is country / jazz based on the course and hit or miss. The new 7 looks like a design vs. old style blade with wings. Digging the new look. Wonder if they could tone down the red white and blue TT. couldnt it just be three lines? all black?

Side note you guys get better an better!

Couple of comments:
1. Music on the course is a must. I love it, but I'm also respectful of others. If I get paired I'll ask or just not play it that round, unless I hear them playing it as well.
2. On the golf golfing subject. I'm in the boat like Rob and really don't care lol

90% of my rounds involve music. It's a mix of country and Hip Hop mostly. Occasionally some rock. When I get real froggy I'll play some Dance/House music for the beats haha.

Putter alignment- I am guilty of the sight dot or less on my Byron haha. In all actuality, I want a dot on everything, although.... my second putter in rotation is an Odyssey Tuttle :ROFLMAO: wouldn't say I putt any better with it than my bryon or other blades, but it comes in handy when I'm not really feeling my stroke and need a little help.

as far as I have got so Ill return haha.

It's not common enough practice for me, although I guess I could just grab the Amazon Tap and pair it w/bluetooth. As an early morning player, this takes more planning than I'm used to!

dude, there are so many cheap options for speakers that will be 100000x (that's no exaggeration) better than phone speaker haha

Music here in Ohio is country / jazz based on the course and hit or miss. The new 7 looks like a design vs. old style blade with wings. Digging the new look. Wonder if they could tone down the red white and blue TT. couldnt it just be three lines? all black?

Side note you guys get better an better!
I believe there is a reason for both the color and the thickness of the lines on triple track.

I’m a solid out on the whole music on the course thing unless you’re wearing your earbuds. Too many times have I been the meat in a CardiB/Taylor Swift sandwich while trying to putt and enjoy some time outdoors away from the constant drone of noise we‘re subjected to constantly as a part of modern life. I’ve even see the bruh’s do it on the driving range where you end up drowning in a salad of rap, rock and retro, all mixing together in a gooey mess of general racket. It’s like people have become so accustomed to constant noise that the sound of silence has become weird and uncomfortable to them. And get off my lawn.

I’m a solid out on the whole music on the course thing unless you’re wearing your earbuds. Too many times have I been the meat in a CardiB/Taylor Swift sandwich while trying to putt and enjoy some time outdoors away from the constant drone of noise we‘re subjected to constantly as a part of modern life. I’ve even see the bruh’s do it on the driving range where you end up drowning in a salad of rap, rock and retro, all mixing together in a gooey mess of general racket. It’s like people have become so accustomed to constant noise that the sound of silence has become weird and uncomfortable to them. And get off my lawn.
hahaha, there are definitely styles of music I don't think belong on a golf course, but I am sure every individual has their perspective on that list.

I'm pretty firmly in the camp of music being fine as long as it doesn't chase me... and if you're in a cart that's playing music, think twice before driving up beside me as I'm about to hit - that's just bad form.

hahaha, there are definitely styles of music I don't think belong on a golf course, but I am sure every individual has their perspective on that list.

I'm pretty firmly in the camp of music being fine as long as it doesn't chase me... and if you're in a cart that's playing music, think twice before driving up beside me as I'm about to hit - that's just bad form.
Yep, it’s fine as long as I never hear it. As soon as I‘m forced to listen to it too it’s no different than getting up in my face with onion breath or wicked BO. You’re welcome to stink all you want as long as you don’t force me to smell it.

I'm ok with music on the course...EXCEPT @Qwkz51's playlist!😳😂
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I like everything from Reba to Slipknot, Dr Dre to Crowder. It's a pretty diverse selection. I love music on the course but I always make sure to turn down as I approach areas with other groups.

Since I'm not a pop-country fan, the experience of a guy putting an earworm into my melon for five holes after hearing "You Gotta Have A Fiddle In The Band" from his cart, I'm voting no. LOL.
I rolled up on them on 18 and said, "Hey, one of you guys F'd me up." One responded "How so?" I told him about my earworm, and they all cracked up. He pointed at his buddy and said "It was him."
It wasn't very loud, I caught it when I was waiting behind them on one tee.
If the volume isn't loud, then it's fine. If I'm a fairway away, then, no.
The problem is, a lot of new music is bass frequency heavy, and those waves travel a long way, so you may not hear any of the lyrics, just the thunping of the bass.

I believe there is a reason for both the color and the thickness of the lines on triple track.

probably answered already (and maybe you were commenting rhetorically haha), but there is. the guys who designed the pattern/found that it helps have a good article/research about it..

Ill have to dig a little.

Another good show you guys!! We listen to music almost every round. I have a small speaker that I attached to my bag that we use. We keep it at a respectable level as well as playing music that won't offend anyone (mostly classic rock). Most of our rounds are in the morning, but since the music isn't too loud it doesn't disturb the nature sounds. Oh, I am in the camp that really digs the new #7.

I am only about half way through.

Music is so regular here I am surprised that the carts do not come stock with speakers. I will play music on my phone some times. I am ok with it or with out it.

The play lists here in Northern NV can be very interesting. It will bounce between country and gangster rap and hip hop from song to song... Haha.

I love music while I’m playing, but I always ask the group before I turn on my Soundchuck.

I have a golf-specific playlist on my iPhone that I listen to...nine hours of songs, just in case I play 36 holes!

Great podcast!!!
Rob & Dan Make Friday Great Again!!!
6F89C2EE-3791-4542-9698-408AAFF43005.gif
Topic for Next Week: Better 3 Man Wrestling Stable? The Fabulous Freebirds or The Shield?

I went golfing today. Hope to go play golf this weekend. I’m an adequate golfer but not sure if I’m a great golf player😊

@Canadan cmon man. Let’s be inclusive mmmkay

I went golfing today. Hope to go play golf this weekend. I’m an adequate golfer but not sure if I’m a great golf player😊

@Canadan cmon man. Let’s be inclusive mmmkay
I will be playing golf twice this weekend.
not golfing.

#StillTryingItOn

English sucks.....

I prefer Chinese. In Chinese you do not even play golf. You hit golf, and conjugation does not exist..

Back