Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro Driver

I just don’t know then what you’d possibly gain over the standard 220, which is a rocket itself, ya know?

Yes, I know. I still bag the EX10 Beta and the Pro reminded me of it in look at address in a quick first glance. Will end up wtih it as soon as I see how the GD AD F 55 works in the 16.5

I’d like to pick your brain a little on the driver. You went from the 410 LST (which is what I’m currently gaming) to the pro. What advantages did you see over the Ping that made you switch? I know you had a lot of others contend and fail at kicking the Ping out of the bag, what was different about this one?
So, basically 200+ RPM for me, but only SUPER slightly lower launch on average. That’s an equation for a lot more carry yards left on the table, and for me the consistency of the spin being and staying on the low end has been eye opening.

I didn’t get that with the Mav, Mav Max, SpeedZone, or SpeedZone Xtreme. The 410 LST bested all of those for me, but this bested the LST.

It’s a rocket launcher.

I was super interested in the standard model from TEE, so why did I have to read this thread? Now I'm thinking even more about this one. Love what I'm hearing, and love the look of this one as well. Prefer it to the standard visually, but would have to see which performs better for my swing. TEE is pushing the envelope, and they have had my full attention since I put an EX10 Beta 3w in the bag last year. This Pro model turned my interest level up to 11...

36 more on this one today, and I’m still smitten by the performance. If you’re looking for low spin but still ample speed, this is your huckleberry.

If you’re looking for low spin but still ample speed, this is your huckleberry.
Love the looks of this driver but I'm a low spin guy to begin with so might not be a fit. Still bag the CB pro fairway woods with the Speeder shaft.

Love the looks of this driver but I'm a low spin guy to begin with so might not be a fit. Still bag the CB pro fairway woods with the Speeder shaft.
Standard EXS 220 is right up your alley then. As high of ball speed as anything out there, and 400 RPM(I’ve seen 600) higher than the pro on average!(y)

Not a fan of the look though. Perhaps play around with the loft and settings.
Still going to be a low and forward CG design, keeping spin on the lowest end of the spectrum.

50F43202-D39C-4167-B30F-5089064E30DD.jpeg

Work. (y)

Boys and girls, this thing is just a tank.

I hit a couple today that made me bust out laughing, just the second they left the face you knew it was bombed sort of thing.

I have a super low spinner miss once in a while that knuckles out there, but only on misses I deserve it and even then, with the launch it’s still amply playable.

If someone is looking for a serious low spin design, they would be amiss not to track one of these and give it a go.

And the sound.......

I am in love with my EXS! I was sceptical when i won it but i have never had as much confidence in a driver as I have with the EXS.
My terrible Strikes still suck but decent ones just go straight.

I'm getting my evenflow Blue shaft changed over for a slightly lighter shaft but if you struggle hitting driver off the tee like I did this might be a good choice for you.

Tour Edge is highly underrated that's for sure.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am in love with my EXS! I was sceptical when i won it but i have never had as much confidence in a driver as I have with the EXS.
My terrible Strikes still suck but decent ones just go straight.

I'm getting my evenflow Blue shaft changed over for a slightly lighter shaft but if you struggle hitting driver off the tee like I did this might be a good choice for you.

Tour Edge is highly underrated that's for sure.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Are you playing the EXS Pro?

@Jman I saw the comparison data between the EXS 220 and Pro that Tour Edge has plastered all over their social media! Great job! Can you describe or put into words what the forgiveness of the Pro is like compared to the 220? I know the Pro checks all the boxes for you, but a standout number to me was carry. Is the extra 10+ yards of carry worth the trade off of more penal?

@Jman I saw the comparison data between the EXS 220 and Pro that Tour Edge has plastered all over their social media! Great job! Can you describe or put into words what the forgiveness of the Pro is like compared to the 220? I know the Pro checks all the boxes for you, but a standout number to me was carry. Is the extra 10+ yards of carry worth the trade off of more penal?
Haha. They’re pretty excited about the feedback for sure, but rightfully so. What I’ve seen has been easy to get excited and talk about.

It’s a low and more forward CG so the forgiveness has to decrease, and it’s certainly not as high MOI as the 220 with the more compact and deeper faced shape. You’ll get more gear effect off of misses to the extremes, so if your miss is significantly heel or toe you’ll notice the demand more. But, with a deeper face if you have a high or low miss then it’s not noticed as much.

For me, 10-15 yards of CARRY, not just distance, with a flatter flight are definitely worth it. Add in the lower spin makes it more playable into the Oklahoma winds as well as adding roll to my total distance while maintaining a longer carry than the 220, it’s just a better fit for me.

I’ll give up some forgiveness for lower spin, similar launch, more efficiency for my swing, better carry, and better total distance. Will someone else? Well that’s why there are options. The 220 is a kick ass driver, and adding this to the options, albeit a limited option, is a win for Tour Edge.

Plus, not only is this one going to shake up the YouTube talking heads when they do their “reviews”, it’s going to hang with everything out there, and then some. At 399 for a low spin monster, it’s another example of TE swinging for the fences.

Anyone have any other questions for me? Happy to try and give you some answers or at least good conversation! Haha

@Jman looking forward when u get your Sim to compare against this one

@Jman looking forward when u get your Sim to compare against this one
Honestly, heavy consideration on just putting it (SIM) on the BST as soon as it comes in.

@Jman here is an odd ball question for you. Having the EXS220 (more elongated) and EXS Pro (more traditional) do you find your path and or angle of attack changes with each ?
Reason I ask is because when I hit my 220 I feel like my path changes to a more level attack to where with my Flash I feel like I come up steeper on it. Might just be in my head but that’s the feeling I get.

Nah, I don’t change path based on shape. Just more comfortable looking down at the pro.

So would you say this driver is only for higher swing speed players? How about players just looking to reduce spin?

Honestly, heavy consideration on just putting it (SIM) on the BST as soon as it comes in.
I should have reached out before i ordered one, would have loved to buy a head only and could have got you to hot melt it neutral

Anyone have any other questions for me? Happy to try and give you some answers or at least good conversation! Haha
You said that sitting the weights changed the sound. How much is it noticeable and is it still the best sounding?

So would you say this driver is only for higher swing speed players? How about players just looking to reduce spin?
I think typically low forward has the most benefits for stronger swingers, but as is the case with all lower spin drivers there are speeds across the spectrum that can fit into them.

You said that sitting the weights changed the sound. How much is it noticeable and is it still the best sounding?
For me, yes. To draw it just gets more like the 220, a little more boisterous.

I think typically low forward has the most benefits for stronger swingers, but as is the case with all lower spin drivers there are speeds across the spectrum that can fit into them.

Thanks again for the info! I like the idea of a smaller head. The driver I play now is 388cc and hasn't been kicked out of thebag in a couple of years (although many drivers have tried). I'm thinking maybe the technology has changed since 2014 and that technology coupled with the slightly larger head may be the combo i'm looking for.

I have no problems with my current driver. I just can't help but tinker!

Back