Where do you get sore after a round?

My lower back mostly. Mainly just after captains choice tournaments though when I am constantly trying to hit 350 yard drives :D haha

Here you go. I tried to find something that the guys might actually watch.

Lower back, and my nose... from smelling all that darn bug spray!

Here you go. I tried to find something that the guys might actually watch.

I am not interested in the product at all, but yeah I did watch it. :D

Left elbow/forearm these days. I strained it at the gym over the winter and it still isn't fully healed. Other than that, typically the only time my body is sore is if I haven't done anything physical in a while, then all of my muscles will be sore for a day or 2.

Agree with those saying their feet, I have plantar fasciitis and after I get home from playing and then sitting for a short while it is hard to walk until for a short while when I first get up again.

Unreal how painful that condition can be, isn't it? Mine comes and goes, and last year it didn't bother me too much and it's almost nonexistent right now, but the year before it was excruciating. I've heard it likened to a having a bruise from jumping off a chair and landing with your heel on a marble.

Kevin

No where, because I'm 14! Maybe a little in my back if I'm carrying 18 holes.

Enjoy it now. Somewhere between 35 - 45 something seems to hurt all of the time.

I have noticed lately that on days when I strike the ball particularly well my legs are what hurt the most the next day and on days when I struggle, my lower back suffers. It must be telling me something about a swing flaw but I'm not sure what.

Anyone else notice something like this?

I have similar results. At the range I have an ok setup etc... Legs get sore. At the course terrible setup etc... lower back sore. I'm guessing I'm still hunching and swaying all over when it comes time to play. These are what I'm trying to get past at the range anyway.

At the advice of my son, I bought a foam roller a couple weeks ago and I am in love with that thing. It is 6" x 36" and I use it on my back and hips. It helps to loosen up the muscles and knots in my back. Almost like getting a deep massage. It definitely pinpoints the sore spots and hurts so good. There are a lot of good videos on YouTube that show how it works. I got mine on Ebay for about $15.

Foam roller is awesome!! I had a white one and it got really squished. Then I bought a blue marble looking one and it is firmer and has lasted longer.

Foam roller is awesome!! I had a white one and it got really squished. Then I bought a blue marble looking one and it is firmer and has lasted longer.

That could be me and you in that video! :D I bought a white one and so far so good. I'm sure I'll end up getting a better one if I use it like I predict I will. This thing really loosens my muscles up just like a professional massage. I love it!

Left elbow and shoulder for me.......I'm afraid that I have an elbow surgery in my future -- trying to put it off until next winter so I can enjoy the season. Ice will be my constant friend...

Funny no one has mentioned it yet:

Sometimes my lower lip gets really swollen to the point I trip over it - especially after 3 putting 18 for a total score of 80!

79 feels 10 strokes better than 80.

Getting back to topic.

I find I usually feel fine during the round. The course I play is a 25 min drive home. When I get home and get out of the vehicle my legs and back feel stiff. Hot tub and stretches help some but sometimes if we are golfing the next day I find it hard to get warmed up and swing well that second day.

I think if there was time and a spot at the course to stretch out after the game this could be avoided. I always cool down and stretch when running or working out at the gymn and rarely feel sore and stiff later.

I have noticed lately that on days when I strike the ball particularly well my legs are what hurt the most the next day and on days when I struggle, my lower back suffers. It must be telling me something about a swing flaw but I'm not sure what.

Anyone else notice something like this?

For me, it is definitely my legs. I do not get any sort of exercise anymore (need to change this ASAP), and the legs are always the first to go.

My left hand is always sore from hitting down on the hard ground my home track has to offer. Other than that, my left shoulder has also been hitting since I've started hitting down on the ball.

Tap before talk.

The stuff between the ears.

lately it's my lower back

my left ankle is still sore from friday

lately my feet and hips hurt. It starts about 3/4 of the way through a round.

Left hammie and shoulder.

I dont usually get sore after a round. The only problems I ever have is the first range session of the year when I havent swung a golf club in 4 months. Usually my obliques are a little sore after the first range session of the year.

Always the lower back. Need to really consider doing core exercises.

During the Luke Donald Freakonomics outing, I had a definite increase in my discomfort from my tennis elbow.

Since the weather is marginal right now, I've decided it's the perfect time to address it. So, I went to the doctor yesterday. He believes my issues are a combination of tennis elbow and nerve issues from a previous bulging disk issue in my neck.

We're going to do 4 weeks of anti-inflammatory and physical therapy and see what that does. I'm not in any real pain and he didn't restrict me from playing golf, but I think if I can try to get ahead of it now, it will be time well spent.

My head. I get sleepy after rounds.

Back