Tiger Woods HBO Documentary Coming this Year

Going away to play baseball and coming back (which was documented) is nothing like what happened to Tiger though. Between the hookers and the drugged out on the side of the road to coming back and winning the masters is a very different story to tell.

no disagreement from me.

One day I would love to see a Tiger documentary done between the years of 2009 and 2019 covering the 10 year gap between major victories. Between swing changes, injuries, personal issues, etc. it would be head shaking for sure.

did you miss the doc they just did on lance armstrong? they made him look like the biggest DB of all time and he was involved in it. :ROFLMAO:
Well that's just that greedy tool taking more money. :LOL:
I don't stream. I don't propagandize.
A theatre of horrors the 3rd Reich have foisted upon the masses, of which they could have only dreamed the last time we faced these issues in the world.
They get PAID for it this time around. Ooof.

did you miss the doc they just did on lance armstrong? they made him look like the biggest DB of all time and he was involved in it. :ROFLMAO:
I actually respected him more after watching it. It made more sense to me why he was like F....U.... to everyone around him, because they were all complicit. And just like MJ, LA had a will to win, that all he cared about.....just like TW.

I love episode one of Lance where he joins the team for the first time and they are going up that mountain pass, and I believe it was Hincapie was like " WHY THE EFF are we going so fast" and the response was "Its that effing Lance guy!!" :LOL::LOL::LOL:

A theatre of horrors the 3rd Reich have foisted upon the masses, of which they could have only dreamed the last time we faced these issues in the world.
History teacher here, so respectfully, stop it with that ****.

A Tiger Woods documentary thread, does not need to turn into a race conversation and discussion of Hitler's 3rd Reich.

If these are the types of discussions you are looking for, we strongly suggest checking out many of the social media outlets, because this is a golf forum. A fun one at that.

This is going to be much watch for me! I would not call myself a Tiger fan, but I am a huge fan of Tiger being around (if that makes sense). He has made and continues to make golf more interesting!

I’ll definitely watch!!!

It’s Tiger, I’d watch.

Dang it, now I'm going to have to get HBO for a bit.

I am pretty sure I am not too interested. I know the story. Sure they may provide some more details but I know the story. Tiger is amazing, but this so far, sounds like a pass.

I'll watch it. Anything with Tiger I'm interested in. Plus 12/13 is a good day in my book. Aside from the getting older part.

In the current climate I shouldn't be surprised, but how someone makes this about race is beyond me.
We have arguably the greatest golfer of all time, achieve heights unimaginable and they came crashing down, only to get redemption by coming back from all of it and winning the Masters. Its a huge story and shouldn't matter what the color of a persons skin is to tell it.
Glad I’m not the only one thinking “how did that just happen”. Those are prime spots as more people are watching that time of year. Can’t wait this will be great.

Anyone notice the same turd derailing every thread they post in or is it just me?:unsure:

I am beyond pumped for this. Would love to know some more in depth info and stories behind the scenes with the man that changed the game so much.

I will definitely be watching this.

Definitely going on my list of things to watch. This is going to be epic.

I did not but think he, and ARod, are right there vying for the biggest DB of all time honors.

Anything Tiger I’ll watch. Part of the reason it’s being made too, I’m sure. Everyone knows it will get good ratings.

Love documentaries, especially when they get into the mental side of people/athletes. The Last Dance was incredible, if this is anywhere remotely close, it will be amazing.

I certainly can’t comment on a documentary that I haven’t seen yet. There is an incredible story to tell. Highest of high points with health problems and scandal. Even the most balanced accounts can’t ignore the bad times as well as the good. Tiger being a black man and becoming one of the greatest (If not the greatest) of all time in what is for the most part, a white mans game can’t be ignored either. I’m looking forward to seeing it. I also can’t blame HBO for leaking some of the more salacious bits to generate interest and sell subscriptions to the channel.

I'm hoping that one of the UK channels pick this up so I can watch it

1. Thanks for shutting down the race/politics talk. I don't get a chance to post much these days but THP is a refuge compared to the rest of the internet and I'd share a round with ANY THP'er, regardless of who they are or what they believe. Much appreciated.

2. I'm excited to see this. The rise/fall and rise again of Tiger is such an unbelievable story. What I loved about The Last Dance was the seemingly endless reels of video from that era and it would be amazing if they managed to get a hold of the "insider footage" of Tiger during his peak (and comeback).

Huge lifelong Tiger fan, will definitely be watching. IMO we are so lucky in our lifetime to witness first hand the life of a true legend.

Didn't Tiger pay her $10mil to NOT speak?

Was the NDA just for 10 years and now after 10 years she can speak? Hah.

Back