TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

I have to say it hasn't failed me yet either. All my bad shots have been of my own making. I can't wait to get it out on the course. I spend a fair bit of the time in the rough and I think this will be perfect for me in those situations. The MachSpeed wasn't bad in the rough, but it is a club better suited to fairway lies. The added weight of the Rescue's clubhead will be awesome for getting through the thick stuff.

I haven't hit the machspeed rescue but the Rescue11 is spectacular out of the rough

i hit this finally yesterday!! love it, the feel is awesome, i hit it good, sucks they didnt have any tp models to demo!! i head the 85 g rip was an actual hybrid shaft , and the reg 65g is a cut down driver shaft

i hit this finally yesterday!! love it, the feel is awesome, i hit it good, sucks they didnt have any tp models to demo!! i head the 85 g rip was an actual hybrid shaft , and the reg 65g is a cut down driver shaft

no, they are both hybrid shafts im pretty sure, They come in 60, and 70 gram driver shafts

oh, thats what the guy at gg said..

Oh these babies rock. I cannot say how much confidence this club gives me. Off days are somewhat cured when I step into one with the rescue. Just a great ball flight. I cannot wait till next week when course start opening to give these a crack off actual grass. I have the tp stiff flex and it is a solid shaft. So happy they put the RIP's in them. Smoooooth

Finally got the R11 Rescue out for a full 18 holes today, rather than the 9 I have played a couple times already this year. First, I must say that when I got this hybrid it was my all-time favorite. Distance is great, feel is great, and I love weight of the clubhead and how easily it cuts through the grass. However, after doing a lot of comparing with the 910h and the Mashie, I must say I see the hype with the Mashie. Great club and probably the best hybrid I have hit performance-wise, so if you are shopping around definitely check out the Mashie and the R11 and see what works best for you. Still, I would go with the R11 100% because I just don't like the look of the Mashie. I love the look of the R11, and now that I have had it a few weeks I can tell you that the white is not distracting at all, and over time I have started to use the black face to help align my shots and it is very helpful. The Mashie just felt slightly better to me, but the R11 is a very close second and I will settle for it as my new hybrid in the bag because I am much more comfortable and confident pulling it out of my bag for a variety of shots. Anyhow, now that I have given props to the Mashie, on to my review:

It was supposed to be sunny and 72 today here in northern Indiana, but instead it was about 57, cloudy, and breezy. Hitting balls on the range before my round I was having problems with my long irons hooking again, which is something I had a problem with at the end of last season but have yet to see in my couple of short rounds this year. I was a little nervous about pulling the hybrid or any long irons for that matter today, but there were several instances where I pulled the R11, and it did not disappoint. The first was a tee shot on hole 2. I found it easy to control my trajectory today with this club, which is something I had not tried yet. This club works great off the grass or off the tee, and I was able to hit lower penetrating shots with the club without actually adjusting the club. Tee shot went straight down the middle, about 15 yards further than my previous hybrid that I was using. The next shot was on a long par 3 that I usually pull hybrid for. It was playing about 205 to the pin into the wind, so I pulled the R11 and hit a very nice, straight pentrating shot right at the pin and it landed softly about 7 feet from the pin and only rolled another 2 feet. After this my confidence was really going up with this club. On the back 9 I didn't have any open shots to hit with the R11, but I had a couple of shots that I had to keep low because I was underneath some trees. At one point I had abou a 4 foot window to hit the ball in, had overhanging trees for about 15 yards in front of me, and had to be able to hit a nice draw with it once it got through that window. I was also in the rough just off the left side of the fairway. This was a moment of glory for me. Standing over the ball I had not doubt I could hit this shot. I struck the ball pure (had no problem getting the club through the rough), kept it low, made it right between the trees, and I watched as it had a nice draw and went about 200 yards down the fairway just short of the green on a par 5 to leave me a nice easy chip. So I had a variety of shots that I hit with it today: Tee shot to fairway, a tee shot to a green, a couple of low punch shots and the shot I just described on a par 5, and I just felt the weight of the head helped me feel the club through my whole swing and I knew I was going to hit it well. The performance of this club is outstanding.

The one thing I will point out that I am starting to notice is that the black club face is getting nicked up a little from striking balls. It doesn't look bad by any means, but you can just see some speckles in the center of the face where I hit it that it is taking the black finish off a little bit. I cannot notice it from my stance, so it is not distracting in any way. I will get some pictures uploaded ASAP. The black finish on the bottom still looks brand new, and the white still looks brand new as well. The white gets a little dirty during the rounds on my driver and hybrid, but it cleans up easy with a damp cloth.

Finally got the R11 Rescue out for a full 18 holes today, rather than the 9 I have played a couple times already this year. First, I must say that when I got this hybrid it was my all-time favorite. Distance is great, feel is great, and I love weight of the clubhead and how easily it cuts through the grass. However, after doing a lot of comparing with the 910h and the Mashie, I must say I see the hype with the Mashie. Great club and probably the best hybrid I have hit performance-wise, so if you are shopping around definitely check out the Mashie and the R11 and see what works best for you. Still, I would go with the R11 100% because I just don't like the look of the Mashie. I love the look of the R11, and now that I have had it a few weeks I can tell you that the white is not distracting at all, and over time I have started to use the black face to help align my shots and it is very helpful. The Mashie just felt slightly better to me, but the R11 is a very close second and I will settle for it as my new hybrid in the bag because I am much more comfortable and confident pulling it out of my bag for a variety of shots. Anyhow, now that I have given props to the Mashie, on to my review:

It was supposed to be sunny and 72 today here in northern Indiana, but instead it was about 57, cloudy, and breezy. Hitting balls on the range before my round I was having problems with my long irons hooking again, which is something I had a problem with at the end of last season but have yet to see in my couple of short rounds this year. I was a little nervous about pulling the hybrid or any long irons for that matter today, but there were several instances where I pulled the R11, and it did not disappoint. The first was a tee shot on hole 2. I found it easy to control my trajectory today with this club, which is something I had not tried yet. This club works great off the grass or off the tee, and I was able to hit lower penetrating shots with the club without actually adjusting the club. Tee shot went straight down the middle, about 15 yards further than my previous hybrid that I was using. The next shot was on a long par 3 that I usually pull hybrid for. It was playing about 205 to the pin into the wind, so I pulled the R11 and hit a very nice, straight pentrating shot right at the pin and it landed softly about 7 feet from the pin and only rolled another 2 feet. After this my confidence was really going up with this club. On the back 9 I didn't have any open shots to hit with the R11, but I had a couple of shots that I had to keep low because I was underneath some trees. At one point I had abou a 4 foot window to hit the ball in, had overhanging trees for about 15 yards in front of me, and had to be able to hit a nice draw with it once it got through that window. I was also in the rough just off the left side of the fairway. This was a moment of glory for me. Standing over the ball I had not doubt I could hit this shot. I struck the ball pure (had no problem getting the club through the rough), kept it low, made it right between the trees, and I watched as it had a nice draw and went about 200 yards down the fairway just short of the green on a par 5 to leave me a nice easy chip. So I had a variety of shots that I hit with it today: Tee shot to fairway, a tee shot to a green, a couple of low punch shots and the shot I just described on a par 5, and I just felt the weight of the head helped me feel the club through my whole swing and I knew I was going to hit it well. The performance of this club is outstanding.

The one thing I will point out that I am starting to notice is that the black club face is getting nicked up a little from striking balls. It doesn't look bad by any means, but you can just see some speckles in the center of the face where I hit it that it is taking the black finish off a little bit. I cannot notice it from my stance, so it is not distracting in any way. I will get some pictures uploaded ASAP. The black finish on the bottom still looks brand new, and the white still looks brand new as well. The white gets a little dirty during the rounds on my driver and hybrid, but it cleans up easy with a damp cloth.

Nice job IN, we got rained out after we finished 11, it really wasnt windy at all today here in central indiana, just a slight 5mph breeze and sometimes up to 10, allot better than the 40mph it has been lol.

I was killing the R11 Rescue at work tonight, but something struck me with the TaylorMade Hybrid lines... The 2 Hybrid is 16*. In other brands this would be a 1H. The 3 Hybrid in a TM is 19* and a Mashie is 20.5. If a 4 Iron is 24* wouldn't you want a 4H to be 24*? However, TMs 24* hybrid is a 5 Hybrid....Anybody on here go with a 5H to replace a 4 Iron or a 4H to replace a 3 Iron?

I was killing the R11 Rescue at work tonight, but something struck me with the TaylorMade Hybrid lines... The 2 Hybrid is 16*. In other brands this would be a 1H. The 3 Hybrid in a TM is 19* and a Mashie is 20.5. If a 4 Iron is 24* wouldn't you want a 4H to be 24*? However, TMs 24* hybrid is a 5 Hybrid....Anybody on here go with a 5H to replace a 4 Iron or a 4H to replace a 3 Iron?

The 4Hybrid replaced my 4 Iron, sure i hit it a little farther than my 4 iron but it works great

Yeah 10yard, it was supposed to be a 5mph wind here yesterday too according to the weather man, but that didn't happen til later in the afternoon. Morning was just cool and breezy and that's when I played because I wanted to get home in time to watch the Masters. Afternoon was warm and calm. Today its very nice but I am stuck working all day....blah

One thing is for sure....this club doesn't have the best turf interaction when on the fairway which I think is a little disappointing for a hybrid. I tend to be a sweeper or picker with almost all my shots but when you hit down on the ball like an iron the club can tend to dig a little resulting in a fat shot as opposed to gliding through the turf into the ball.

I think I am going to go hit my Cobra Baffler Pro 1H at the range today to see if I have any better luck with it. If not, I think an R11 Rescue will be coming to my bag very soon. Either that or a MASHIE.

So far I have not had any problem with turf interaction but I don't know to put a lot of backspin on the ball so I don't hit down on it like I should if I was trying to put spin on it.

One thing is for sure....this club doesn't have the best turf interaction when on the fairway which I think is a little disappointing for a hybrid. I tend to be a sweeper or picker with almost all my shots but when you hit down on the ball like an iron the club can tend to dig a little resulting in a fat shot as opposed to gliding through the turf into the ball.

i have not had that problem at all, thats one of the things i love about this hybrid is how great it goes through the ground. I hit down with all my irons and hybrid and havent had one problem with it digging to much.
Played again today and just like yesterday the Rescue11 performed great, not so much for my irons today though lol, allot of stupid shots with the irons just couldnt get the feel for them today. Had the best driving day of the year as well.

So I had typed up my report today and hit post and BOOM, gone. Had a great day at the sim today. Only got 14 holes in before time ran out, but shot a 72 to that point. 4 pars, 8 bogeys, 2 double pars. The Rescue was a big help to my round. I didn't hit it too much as after my drives I had just irons to the green, but the Rescue did come through for me today. Best shot with the Rescue was a 190 yarder on a longer par 5. Sliced the drive and laid up to the end of the split fairway. Left about 210 to the flag. Came up a bit short but it was a great shot, led to a bogey. Great feel I just knew it was going to be nice. 190 is a nice yardage for a 21* hybrid for me. That is 3 iron replacement for me. A bit longer than my old 3 iron, but truth be told, I wanted something just a bit longer to help cut the gap between my 3 wood and 4 iron. I played the Rescue about 2-3 balls forward of center in my stance and it seemed to work well.

Next weekend can't come fast enough as I want to see if I can keep the momentum going and shoot another good round!!

So I had typed up my report today and hit post and BOOM, gone. Had a great day at the sim today. Only got 14 holes in before time ran out, but shot a 72 to that point. 4 pars, 8 bogeys, 2 double pars. The Rescue was a big help to my round. I didn't hit it too much as after my drives I had just irons to the green, but the Rescue did come through for me today. Best shot with the Rescue was a 190 yarder on a longer par 5. Sliced the drive and laid up to the end of the split fairway. Left about 210 to the flag. Came up a bit short but it was a great shot, led to a bogey. Great feel I just knew it was going to be nice. 190 is a nice yardage for a 21* hybrid for me. That is 3 iron replacement for me. A bit longer than my old 3 iron, but truth be told, I wanted something just a bit longer to help cut the gap between my 3 wood and 4 iron. I played the Rescue about 2-3 balls forward of center in my stance and it seemed to work well.

Next weekend can't come fast enough as I want to see if I can keep the momentum going and shoot another good round!!

Nice job, hopefully you can get out on the course soon

Got back from the range about 2:58...just in time for the Masters. Anyways, it was a good day for me outside of my irons which doesn't bother me because I am getting new irons that suit my game a little better.

However, I went to hit my Baffler Pros and see if I wanted to make the switch to the R11 Rescue. I was killing the 1H and the 3H. About every 10 balls I hit with them, 7 were good. As much I want to get an R11 2H.... I think I might keep what I have. I really think the 2H would be easier to hit than the Baffler 1H...even though they are the same degrees. It's still in considereration, but it will be much harder now.

TPC San Antonio tomorrow. The Rescue 11s will be out in full force.

I finally have time to give a write up on my first time on the course with the Rescue 11 5-hyrbid. It went very well. Good distance. Better than I had expected. I was putting the 5-hybrid around 200 solid yards. I have never over shot a green from 185 with a 5 iron or hybrid before. I did on Saturday. It was a strange feeling having that kind of power in my hands.

I will have to be very mindful of my tendancy to draw/hook shots with these clubs. I can really move the ball left with them. I had a fantastic shot moving the ball right to reach a par 5 in 2. Overall, it was a good first day on the course. It was a scramble where I was the "A-Player" on the team. We were -1. Looking forward to some more time on the course.

I finally have time to give a write up on my first time on the course with the Rescue 11 5-hyrbid. It went very well. Good distance. Better than I had expected. I was putting the 5-hybrid around 200 solid yards. I have never over shot a green from 185 with a 5 iron or hybrid before. I did on Saturday. It was a strange feeling having that kind of power in my hands.

I will have to be very mindful of my tendancy to draw/hook shots with these clubs. I can really move the ball left with them. I had a fantastic shot moving the ball right to reach a par 5 in 2. Overall, it was a good first day on the course. It was a scramble where I was the "A-Player" on the team. We were -1. Looking forward to some more time on the course.

Nice job, our scramble this morning we were -3 on the front 9, i played 18 but everybody else left after 9, big sissys lol

Nice job, our scramble this morning we were -3 on the front 9, i played 18 but everybody else left after 9, big sissys lol

I was playing the AT&T Canyons Course at TPC San Antonio. It was in awful shape. Since the Vallero Open is there this upcoming weekend, they used all the water on the PGA course and sacraficed the other course.

I was playing the AT&T Canyons Course at TPC San Antonio. It was in awful shape. Since the Vallero Open is there this upcoming weekend, they used all the water on the PGA course and sacraficed the other course.

that sucks, our course is surprisingly in great shape for being this early in the year, they are plugging the greens on the 18th so the greens are gonna be unputtable for a couple days, hate it but it has to be done to have good greens

that sucks, our course is surprisingly in great shape for being this early in the year, they are plugging the greens on the 18th so the greens are gonna be unputtable for a couple days, hate it but it has to be done to have good greens

I did get to see the Ping, Callaway and Cleveland tour vans at the course. I almost walked into one of them just to check it out.

I did get to see the Ping, Callaway and Cleveland tour vans at the course. I almost walked into one of them just to check it out.

i would of asked to at least just peek my head in lol, really cool

Okay I got to use the Rescue hybrid once in the Outing today. It was hole 17 we started on hole five. It was 180 yard par 3 over the pond with about 20 mph wind in our face. It was a back pin. I say to the guy riding with me "It's Hybrid time". He and I both laughed. So, I tee'd it up low, and took a nice swing with the hybrid. Hit a little draw on it hit the middle of the green and rolled... Put it about 12 feet from the pin. Then sunk the birdie. We didn't win boo hoo we tied for second. But once again my trusty hybid did me good! Man I'm really enjoying this club... :blob:

Okay I got to use the Rescue hybrid once in the Outing today. It was hole 17 we started on hole five. It was 180 yard par 3 over the pond with about 20 mph wind in our face. It was a back pin. I say to the guy riding with me "It's Hybrid time". He and I both laughed. So, I tee'd it up low, and took a nice swing with the hybrid. Hit a little draw on it hit the middle of the green and rolled... Put it about 12 feet from the pin. Then sunk the birdie. We didn't win boo hoo we tied for second. But once again my trusty hybid did me good! Man I'm really enjoying this club... :blob:

Ha nice story Bullfrog, I have hit some amazing shots with my 3h as well that led to some great birdies. I am loving it more and more the more I play with it.

Back