I've never really been a Ping guy. Never loved a ping club, never hated one. I do like that their drivers are weighted a little heavier than most others.

This release is firmly in the "I'll hit it one day, but I don't care when." category for me.

The more I think about it, this has to be supply chain issues. Nothing else makes sense. Certainly, if all of we (at least me), arm chair marketing people can see the problems with such a split release, PING can, so there has to be a logical reason behind it.

I like the look of the driver maybe I’ll see it in person in...2021..no maybe 2022 ;)

Enough have commented on the release date and embargo.

I wonder what's up with the numbering? 400, 410, 425? But Ping has always been bad at numbering.

I wonder what's up with the numbering? 400, 410, 425? But Ping has always been bad at numbering.

Probably didn’t think about the inevitable 420 jokes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably didn’t think about the inevitable 420 jokes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hitting HIGH bombs!

Missed a marketing opportunity there.

I played the G400 driver for about a year and liked the shots but did not care for the loud-tinny impact sound. Also, looking at turbulators I thought was a bit annoying, so I sold the club. When I saw the G410 had turbulators I did not even consider trying or buying one.
My favorite Ping driver was the original Rapture. It had a good looking head shape and a very pleasing muted impact sound.I would like to see Ping go back to producing composite top drivers, because that material brings a muted impact sound instead of loud-tinny.

The fact that PING still doesn't use composite blows my mind.

The fact that PING still doesn't use composite blows my mind.

I believe it was either you or @Big SoIL that asked about that very thing to their R&D during our THP Experience with them. The answer was that they struggled with the bonding/glue currently, correct?

Ping demo day was sure pushing the G410 irons back in June and a buddy ordered a 410 driver that only just showed up last week. I was interested in the i210 or i500 but he was pushing G410 pretty hard and I wasn't sold. Decided to keep playing my Apex 16's for now.

I believe it was either you or @Big SoIL that asked about that very thing to their R&D during our THP Experience with them. The answer was that they struggled with the bonding/glue currently, correct?
Yep, that was the exact explanation. I just wasn't sure if I should bring that flimsy explanation up 🤣.

I think they also mentioned they didn't see a big enough benefit in the weight savings to justify it. That comment boggled my mind too.

I think some players (myself included) prefer the sound and weight vs composite?
I can see the sound argument being valid and I loved the sound of the G400 myself. The weight is what gets me. That weight saving from a composite crown doesn't mean you have to get rid of the weight completely. I would just allow them to move it around the head.

I can see the sound argument being valid and I loved the sound of the G400 myself. The weight is what gets me. That weight saving from a composite crown doesn't mean you have to get rid of the weight completely. I would just allow them to move it around the head.
I’m not sure what it is. The composite heads just feel different to me. The Mavrik is definitely the first composite head feel very comfortable with in terms of the feel, but I do like the heft of the pings.

I’m not sure what it is. The composite heads just feel different to me. The Mavrik is definitely the first composite head feel very comfortable with in terms of the feel, but I do like the heft of the pings.
I'm actually on your side with the weight also, I like the heavier Ping driver heads.

The numbering is part of the overall plan hatched by a secret and evil cabal, whose sole aim is to bring all golf equipment under one ruling entity. You would see it if you would really do your research like the more enlightened have done.

I think some players (myself included) prefer the sound and weight vs composite?

I tend to agree with you on both. I don't mind somewhat of a muted sound, but I also don't hate a louder, higher-pitched sound. And the weight is something I think is more important than I've realized in the past.

I tend to agree with you on both. I don't mind somewhat of a muted sound, but I also don't hate a louder, higher-pitched sound. And the weight is something I think is more important than I've realized in the past.
The weight thing is interesting to me. I grabbed the 3 heads closest to me.

A198DB8C-E2EB-457F-AA69-A0FE60BF8ED8.jpeg

58672699-A0F3-457F-A328-4251A5E9F80D.jpeg

C67F71D3-2E3D-400F-8D9E-CEC7D2B89E45.jpeg

I'm actually on your side with the weight also, I like the heavier Ping driver heads.
I found the G400/Max to feel super light and hollow! I think it felt like a shoe box on a stick.

My friend just got a G410 and the first thing I noticed on the first tee was it sounded great. I love everything about my GBB Epic but I definitely liked the sound of his G410 a little better.

That delay sucks but I love the color scheme of that driver. The simple black and white looks awesome, reminds me of Darth Vader every time I look at it.

Back