PING G425 Drivers and Irons

the G410 irons were well received generally with my only criticism being they did sound a tad loud - so hoping these 'improved' 425s sound more solid - which so often translates to better feel. Ping usually are champions at making cast clubs feel solid.

This is an interesting tactic. Not sure I understand it though.

I’m not down with the release plan either but it must be nice to have this kind of demand.

Oh I'll be testing the 9* 425 Max when it comes out against my 400 Max for sure. If they made it better, I'm buying. :)

First post updated with an image.

Curious when the youtubers will be allowed to post video reviews of the new line.

Curious when the youtubers will be allowed to post video reviews of the new line.

PING has not set anything in regards to this. They would have to be from those areas, and acquire the club that way, but that is it.

PING has not set anything in regards to this. They would have to be from those areas, and acquire the club that way, but that is it.

That makes sense.

What I wonder is, is the 425 Max actually just the 410 Max they designed and decided at the end to not release.

I know it’s the sole of the club and all, but they look nice and I’m very happy to see the Max back.

Releasing this late seems weird but I guess they know something we don’t know about the market.

This strategy seems risky, IMO. I see no upside in a staggered release that ignores the States. They better hope the early reviews are glowing or else this release may flop in 2021.

What I wonder is, is the 425 Max actually just the 410 Max they designed and decided at the end to not release.
I'm going to assume that since they got rid of the "Plus" at 455cc that the MAX is 460cc. The head shape looks pretty similar except the weight now slides and seems to not move as far as the G410. You definitely can't slide it as far into the draw position in the heel as the SFT model.

This strategy seems risky, IMO. I see no upside in a staggered release that ignores the States. They better hope the early reviews are glowing or else this release may flop in 2021.

I don’t think they had another option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Label at the bottom of the face in the picture says Forged Face, guessing that’s the Maraging Face tech replacement?

Where? I can't find any around here. The Ping racks are virtually bare in all the shops around here. The giant Ping rack at the new PGASS has nothing more than a couple of stock drivers and a few hybrids and fairways. They might have more G400 in stock than G410.

If the PING racks are bare (they aren't near us), that is another reason not to delay release.
The 4 week lead time on custom clubs, is pretty common in golf right now due to sales skyrocketing, but theirs are actually down off course, year over year for last months Data Tech.

I must say I don't understand that release schedule at all. Perplexing move when golf sales are very hot right now.

If anyone speaks Japanese there is a video on Youtube talking about them. There are a few swings at the beginning where I assume the guy is hitting them. If so they sound really high pitched.

I replace my driver every few years and since I just got the g400max a few months ago, oh well, I would like to know the reviews though.

I know it’s the sole of the club and all, but they look nice and I’m very happy to see the Max back.

i'm with you here on both accounts. usga pics have often led us to say "this club looks like garbage" then when released it looks much better. i can't think of many times the usga pic has looked better than the final released product, so if this looks good now it will probably only look better when released.

I know the 400 max wasn't the best sounding driver I've ever gamed, but the numbers tell me it's the best performing driver I've ever gamed. i'm very interested to test the 425 max when it comes out.

interesting strategy, dont get it myself. Interested to see the irons, but historically liked the i series more than g.

Label at the bottom of the face in the picture says Forged Face, guessing that’s the Maraging Face tech replacement?

The 410 Plus also says "Forged Face" at least when I was in PGASS last weekend

Back