Ping demo day was sure pushing the G410 irons back in June and a buddy ordered a 410 driver that only just showed up last week. I was interested in the i210 or i500 but he was pushing G410 pretty hard and I wasn't sold. Decided to keep playing my Apex 16's for now.
What driver/shaft did he order? I ordered a 410 last week but haven't gotten an estimated ship date yet. I was told to expect 4 weeks right now but I'm curious.

Which g410 head is that? Their own specs on their website claim the head weight of the LST is 208, the Plus is 206 and the SFT is 204. Does the hosel adapter count towards head weight numbers?

I would assume PING is including the adapter.
We have 3 different Plus heads and each one ranges from 198.6 to 200g

I found the G400/Max to feel super light and hollow! I think it felt like a shoe box on a stick.

the 400 max didn't win many awards on feel/sound when compared to its competitors, that's for damn sure. personally I didn't find it to feel light at all, and I played it with a couple high 60g shafts (performed very similarly with both). but like pretty much any club I've ever gamed, after a bit of time spent you start to differentiate between good strikes and bad, and the sound becomes a nonissue.

I've enjoyed cobras. specifically i'm thinking about Callaway sometimes coming in a bit lighter, and me struggling to find the middle. could all be in my head (no pun intended)

Haha. It could be. I think we are seeing most come in between that 190 and 205 mark and with various weights available, people can really dial them in through fitting which is awesome. I would say Ping slides into the middle or skews slightly heavier by a gram or two.

Every company will be at composite soon. The benefits are too great in terms of flexibility and was noted at the THP Experience with PING. Seeing crowns as light as 10g now and that is a huge amount of weight from just a handful of years ago to "play with".

Reactions: KEV
I’m interested in the Max when it rolls around. I skipped the G410 lineup but have always enjoyed Ping drivers.

I tend to agree with you on both. I don't mind somewhat of a muted sound, but I also don't hate a louder, higher-pitched sound. And the weight is something I think is more important than I've realized in the past.

I like the muted sound. One of my favorite drivers ever was the Callaway FT3 which had a nice solid sound to it.

right now there's more chance of getting pictures of a unicorn than these new irons ?

right now there's more chance of getting pictures of a unicorn than these new irons ?

not sure how accurate this is, but I want to say I heard just they'll have the new g series, and an upgrade to iblade. I series will stay in-line for another year.

not sure how accurate this is, but I want to say I heard just they'll have the new g series, and an upgrade to iblade. I series will stay in-line for another year.

I sure hope you are correct in regards to the iblade. Let’s see some pics of the irons now

Can I say I just dislike the the numbering scheme that Ping has going on.

eye 2, i3, G5/i5, G10/i10, G15/i15, G20/i20, G25/i25, G30, G/I, G400/i200/G700, G410/i210/i500/G710

I'm sure I missed something and messed something up. I just really have no idea how they choose their numbering now. They incremented by 1, then 5, then removed numbers, then went to hundreds, then added a 10 and now 15.

Which g410 head is that? Their own specs on their website claim the head weight of the LST is 208, the Plus is 206 and the SFT is 204. Does the hosel adapter count towards head weight numbers?
Yes with ping.

Sounds like the new Max will be available in U.S.A. around tax refund time. Works for me.:)

I’m driving the best I’ve ever driven right now. I haven’t made any swing changes so I have to put that down to the Ping G410 that went in the bag around February this year. The G425 seems like subtle differences to me, so I very much doubt I’ll be upgrading.

I've just ordered the new Mizuno Hot Metal irons.... and the Big Berthas..... and I'll be damned if I order these before seeing them

Back