I've just ordered the new Mizuno Hot Metal irons.... and the Big Berthas..... and I'll be damned if I order these before seeing them
You might as well. Trifecta !!

FINALLY GOT TO SEE THE IRONS ...... friend in Australia met up with a Ping rep and he had the entire line of the new G425's and was able to show me via Skype. They go on sale down there from 18th of next month. The irons looked a little 'cleaner' to my eye than the previous model - more of a player's iron look with the blade lengths appearing not as long, so the folks who like a smaller footprint will probably smile when they get them in hand.

I mean I’m reality. This is what wilson golf has done for a long time. At least the Australia aspect.

I don’t think it makes sense but 🤷🏽‍♂️

This thing looks amazing though in that picture and as mentioned previously, these pics usually don’t have the club look nearly as good as release sooooo I’m excited for that.

FINALLY GOT TO SEE THE IRONS ...... friend in Australia met up with a Ping rep and he had the entire line of the new G425's and was able to show me via Skype. They go on sale down there from 18th of next month. The irons looked a little 'cleaner' to my eye than the previous model - more of a player's iron look with the blade lengths appearing not as long, so the folks who like a smaller footprint will probably smile when they get them in hand.

So essentially an i210?
Not sure I like the going smaller trend. That’s what the i500 and i210’s lines are for.

I like Mizuno releases - Mid-September. Still gives peeps in NE a month or more to play and the peeps in SE, SW and West get to play year round - also helps cash flow. Intro in January and a lot of peeps are not purchasing 'till March when they are thawed out.
Exactly the case for me in MA. Looks like Mizuno or Titleist this time around for me. Like the G710 but the PVD finish is a non-starter for me. Really wanted to test the ZX5 but Don’t like the idea of waiting to spring...

So, you've actually seen the G425 irons? Wow! Did you see what color scheme they have? Black/red like the G410?

So, you've actually seen the G425 irons? Wow! Did you see what color scheme they have? Black/red like the G410?
I only got a quick view over Skype but they were definitely not as colorful as the 410's - which I don't mind. They have gone for a cleaner look.

I only got a quick view over Skype but they were definitely not as colorful as the 410's - which I don't mind. They have gone for a cleaner look.

Very good, I think the colors on the G410 looks "cheapish".
Will be interesting to compare G425 to Mizuno HM/HMP next year :)

I thought I read somewhere it was a black and gray color scheme.

I thought I read somewhere it was a black and gray color scheme.
don't hold my memory to the fire here, but it did appear a mix of pearl-chrome, black and either a grey or light blue.....didn't spot any red. My main takeaway from the quick viewing was the back of the club is more understated (compared to 410s) so not as busy or as colorful. And the club's footprint when you look down at it was not as big as the previous model -- we're talking small measures but Ping appear to have gone for more of a player's club-look along with the forgiveness most folks need.

Is PING going to be releasing a line of irons/ wedges anytime soon.

I heard that most of the iron lineups will be staying until Q4 2021

If they aren't as wide on the bottom something I might be interested in next Spring.

If you do some sleuthing on YouTube and some screen grabbing, you can see some color themes , turbulators, and sole pics on driver and fairway. Headcover, too. I like.

So essentially an i210?
Not sure I like the going smaller trend. That’s what the i500 and i210’s lines are for.

I have a set of G15s and was trying to hit them recently with no success at all. The combination of very soft shafts, long toe/heel face, and huge sole screwed with my swing big time. I've gotten used to thinner irons. I used to hit the G15s pretty well a few years back, but I think the wide sole has always fought my picker/sweeper type swing.

Dave

If you do some sleuthing on YouTube and some screen grabbing, you can see some color themes , turbulators, and sole pics on driver and fairway. Headcover, too. I like.
If you turn on the closed captioning and have it auto translate to english you get some funny translations in there. No real info though. Just a bunch of Japanese people sitting around a speculating like we are.

if what i saw is the final product i think it’s a step back. i quite liked the bronze. the red and black was ok. not sold on this yet.

I'm frankly interested in the stock shaft options in Japan just out of curiousity. I know theirs are signignificantly different than ours. The stock shaft on the G410 was a 45g Alta and they had the Speeder 661 and UST The Attas as stock shaft options.

Couple of pics from a Japanese Yahoo Sports article:
Does appear to be matte black, white and gray. To me that would be a plus (neutral) colors that can match any bag setup. Wasn't a fan of the G410 red accents.

1598527958137.png
1598527990656.png

Personally I really like the minimal color accents and of course will most likely try pick up a head when they become available. Thinking I will hang on to my Accra rpg for the g425 lst

Watching the G425 Max driver video on the Japan site, looks really good to me. Guy hit the G400 Max and then the G425 Max, knocks 500 spin off and adds 6 yards carry and 10 yards total distance. I'm all in next spring, love my 400 Max but sorry. :oops:

Watching the G425 Max driver video on the Japan site, looks really good to me. Guy hit the G400 Max and then the G425 Max, knocks 500 spin off and adds 6 yards carry and 10 yards total distance. I'm all in next spring, love my 400 Max but sorry. :oops:
Yeah. You drop the Max 500 RPM and I’d be in that 2100 wheelhouse with a forgiving driver, that’s scary! Hahaha

Saw and heard the 425 driver lineup on Instagram -- sounded a lot better.

Back