Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

If this thread is tempting you stumbled upon this today. Also deals on the Extreme but not as good. One more club for me to ponder buying this weekend...

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

If this thread is tempting you stumbled upon this today. Also deals on the Extreme but not as good. One more club for me to ponder buying this weekend...

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Stop pondering and BUY!!!

Initially set up at 10* and was seeing the same concerns I had with the extreme a month ago, high, spinny, right and short.
Just went opposite with settings turned it down to 8* draw setting and the thing came alive. Still seems to favor a L->R shape, but controllable. Still not the longest driver I've hit but was in a lot of fairways.
Still tinkering, but hopeful.

I have 302 shots with this in the bag.

I like it, I really do - hit some monster drives while maintaining great control.

But there is something and I can’t put my finger on it, that doesn’t instill the same confidence as the F9 for me.

View attachment 8962597View attachment 8962598
I've been considering upgrading to either the F9 or Speedzone. Comments like this have me wondering if the added cost of the Speedzone would be worth it. I have a shaft, HZRDUS smoke yellow I really like. I think the savings on the F9 might be worth it. I have one shot with the F9, and it felt and sounded great, when compared to my F6.

I've been considering upgrading to either the F9 or Speedzone. Comments like this have me wondering if the added cost of the Speedzone would be worth it. I have a shaft, HZRDUS smoke yellow I really like. I think the savings on the F9 might be worth it. I have one shot with the F9, and it felt and sounded great, when compared to my F6.

Yesterday the Speedzone was soooooo good for me.

Today kept leaving open and losing it right.

So is the game of golf 🤷🏽‍♂️

I think F9 or Speedzone would definitely be an improvement over F6

Today was really good with the SZ driver. Reminded me of when I first got it and was swinging it well. My miss has been right lately and today I only missed 3 fairways and they were left (one was on purpose for for a shortcut).

Those playing the SpeedZone standard:

Heavier weight in the front or back?

Today was really good with the SZ driver. Reminded me of when I first got it and was swinging it well. My miss has been right lately and today I only missed 3 fairways and they were left (one was on purpose for for a shortcut).

Same distance? What do you like better about the driver distance or accuracy (based on the above I'd say the accuracy lol)?

Same distance? What do you like better about the driver distance or accuracy (based on the above I'd say the accuracy lol)?
When I first got the Speedzone, I was seeing some great distance and the ball flight was fading predictably. I went into a slump where my fades were slicing and the distance went down. The last few rounds, after taking some time off and getting a lesson, my distance is back up. My Arccos smart distance had dropped to 248 and is back where it was before the struggles to 263. 11/14 fairways yesterday and 9 tee shots were with driver.

I am playing 18g in back and a 10g in front.

yesterday with club6AA6E6B0-CE5F-4A03-8DDF-C2065CB95671.png

Last edited:
Initially set up at 10* and was seeing the same concerns I had with the extreme a month ago, high, spinny, right and short.
Just went opposite with settings turned it down to 8* draw setting and the thing came alive. Still seems to favor a L->R shape, but controllable. Still not the longest driver I've hit but was in a lot of fairways.
Still tinkering, but hopeful.
This is exactly where I was with the standard. The potential for bigger drives is there, but the Xtreme has just been way more consistent.

I play 14g / 14g. To me this seems like gives me a good comprimise between distance and forgiveness

I am playing 18g in back and a 10g in front.

I was just looking at ordering a 10g weight to play around with.

havent changed them from the 18g back, 6g front it came with.

Looks like the Speedzone has now dropped $100 from the latest ad I got from PGASS.

Here's a question with regards to the weights. Are they only for swing weighting purposes or do the affect ball flight? Meaning will and 18g weight in the back of an extreme cause higher ball flight than a 6?

Looks like the Speedzone has now dropped $100 from the latest ad I got from PGASS.
I love Cobra, but it always seems to be the first to discount its product in the fall. It always makes me feel like my equipment has lost most of its value, LOL.

Here's a question with regards to the weights. Are they only for swing weighting purposes or do the affect ball flight? Meaning will and 18g weight in the back of an extreme cause higher ball flight than a 6?

Moving weight can definitely impact ball flight. As well as sound, etc.

I love Cobra, but it always seems to be the first to discount its product in the fall. It always makes me feel like my equipment has lost most of its value, LOL.

Their driver comes out before most is often forgotten. They launched Speedzone in November and it normally runs about 10-11 months before discount. Time is pretty similar to most annual releases.

Looks like someone needs to go back and watch some THP/Yagley PGA Show videos :LOL:

Their driver comes out before most is often forgotten. They launched Speedzone in November and it normally runs about 10-11 months before discount. Time is pretty similar to most annual releases.

Still makes me sad though - but I'm excited because that means something new is coming........ :eek::eek::eek::eek::love::love::love:

my main reason was swing weight. But it did help a little with spin when I went from 6g to 10g and a pleasant surprise was that I liked the sound better.

I know the sound was affected for me going from 18 to 10g weight or at least I think it so. I'm not sure the ball flight was though, thats why I was curious. The Xtreme is the highest launching driver I've gamed

I know the sound was affected for me going from 18 to 10g weight or at least I think it so. I'm not sure the ball flight was though, thats why I was curious. The Xtreme is the highest launching driver I've gamed

I misread your post. In general, more weight back can influence ball flight, but I thought you were speaking of weight in the front of head vs back of head (regular model). Changing 8 or so grams in the back could change flight a bit, perhaps. With tour length offerings fairly common, to me SW plays a role here in multiple weight offerings.

For me it had a major influence on ball flight and spin. the 6g was producing lower flight that was easier to turn over and the 18g was producing ballooning cuts that launched very high. Some of that is obviously due to club head / MOI differences, but I'm guessing a good portion has to do with the affect the change has on timing and the slight difference in how a shaft loads. I load a shaft pretty hard in the transition and, just going by feel, I think that is where the issues started to occur with the heavier head.

Back