Will Ferrell on The Office

Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm looking forward to this. I was reading an interview with the guy that plays Toby, who is also the "showrunner", apparently the guy who plans the show. They're brining in other stars too, and it sounds like there will be a string of bosses to replace Michael before the surprise is known next year. Coming guest stars include Ricky Gervais, Ray Romano, James Spader, and Will Arnett. Arnett is funnier than hell. Sounds like there may be a little more of Andy in the show going forward, too.

Maybe they can salvage this thing after Steve Carrell leaves.

Kevin

I'll still watch it for sure. It's one of my all time fav's.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I'm looking forward to this. I was reading an interview with the guy that plays Toby, who is also the "showrunner", apparently the guy who plans the show. They're brining in other stars too, and it sounds like there will be a string of bosses to replace Michael before the surprise is known next year. Coming guest stars include Ricky Gervais, Ray Romano, James Spader, and Will Arnett. Arnett is funnier than hell. Sounds like there may be a little more of Andy in the show going forward, too.

Maybe they can salvage this thing after Steve Carrell leaves.

Kevin

they wont, Steve Carrell IS the office. But I second that statement about Will Arnett. HE is hilarious. His stuff on Arrested Development is great!

I did not like this last night. I've been a huge fan of The Office right from the beginning, and Will Ferrell's character just bugged the crap out of me. I miss Michael, and he hasn't even left yet. I'm a big Will Ferrell fan too, he's been in some of my favorite movies, but I'm glad he's only going to be there for 4 episodes. I just didn't like him. He's not a good fit with everyone else. Poor Andy, pouring hot coffee on his crotch. Tisk tisk.

Thought Deangelo Vickers was pretty funny. He's like Michael but as a bad guy.
On the other hand, Parks and Rec is my fav sitcom, i have a major crush on Ann Perkins (Rashida Jones) holy crap that's a funny show, ( ( not counting The League and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia ) cable comedy is king.

Dang I missed last night's episode. I'll catch it online, are they available right away on NBC.com? I'll find out!

Dang I missed last night's episode. I'll catch it online, are they available right away on NBC.com? I'll find out!

Can't help you there big guy as I can't even watch them up here online. Stupid blocking!

My wife and I always watch the office and we were both disappointed with it last night. Will Arrnet would be great he is hilarious. We are more ticked off cause Perfect Couples got axed and now Paul River has a show that isn't funny but Perfect Couples was. Has anyone watched Workaholics on comedy central that show is great only 2 episodes in and hope it runs for along time.

On the other hand, Parks and Rec is my fav sitcom, i have a major crush on Ann Perkins (Rashida Jones) holy crap that's a funny show, ( ( not counting The League and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia ) cable comedy is king.

Not to get too far off topic, but Parks and Rec has gotten SOOOO much better this season. It has to be the funniest of the NBC line up right now.

I'm kinda had a falling out watching anything with Will Ferrel in it since I saw Talledega Nights because of his outlandish antics that he claims is humor. After seeing him on The Office last night I'm starting to like him again. I don't think it will be the same without Steve Carell but I think that it will stay as a solid comedy show. I loved how everyone had to try to impress the new boss. Seeing Andy pour coffee on his crotch and eat soap was quite interesting. I lost it when Darrel was dressed up as a cowboy!

Did you she is the daughter of Quincy Jones??

I loved the show, but it jumped the shark when the wedding happened. Form that point forward, it has been trying to relive its glory days. Can't happen. I still watch it, but I am usually doing something else at the same time and just have it on in the background.

Not great last night, but not bad. As Ferrell got meaner as the show went along, it got better. I'll give him a chance. Looking forward to seeing what Will Arnett will do.

Kevin

I was disappointed, I guess as both a fan of the office and will ferrell I expected it to be real funny, but maybe a scripted Will Ferrell isnt that funny afterall

I'm kinda had a falling out watching anything with Will Ferrel in it since I saw Talledega Nights because of his outlandish antics that he claims is humor. After seeing him on The Office last night I'm starting to like him again. I don't think it will be the same without Steve Carell but I think that it will stay as a solid comedy show. I loved how everyone had to try to impress the new boss. Seeing Andy pour coffee on his crotch and eat soap was quite interesting. I lost it when Darrel was dressed up as a cowboy!

I didn't love it or hate it myself, but Darrel getting the cowboy costume (like a bad drug deal) and then wearing it was hilarious, not to mention the andy pouring coffee on himself scene.

I will miss Steve Carell, but I should be able to get over it and continue watching.

They need Galifinakis. He would be perfect.

I think the whole point of Ferrell's character was to annoy people while having the whole office still suck up to him........ more of a knock against them than Ferrell...... kelly's meet cute, pam and jim's baby stuff, Kevin with his toupee, and Andy with his coffee burning and soap eating.

The episode was pretty funny.

So yesterday was the first episode of The Office without Steve Carrell and I kind-of felt a void. Some of the show was funny but Will Ferrell just did he same old ish.. (i.e. juggling scene). It's going to be hard to replace Steve Carrell and I think the only way to do it is to replace him with the original Michael Scott (Ricky Gervais). It's sad to say but I give The Office another season before it's cancelled. The writing on the show has struggled over the past season and with Carrell gone its going to show even more.

I actually thought last night's episode was the best in a while.

Funny, two of the biggest Office fans (GG & JB) haven't chimed in on this one.

I'm not a fan of Will Ferrell on The Office. I'll be interested to see how the other stars play into the show. Sadly, I don't think the show doesn't have the same dynamic...it would be like Seinfeld losing Jerry.

I think the show has been on fumes for some time. Too bad, I still watch reruns daily.

I thought last nights episode was good. It is weird without M Scott, but I think the show can go on without him for a few more seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the show has been on fumes for some time. Too bad, I still watch reruns daily.

Unfortunatley/Fortunatley...In 5 years we will be watching Office re-runs (even though we watch them now) like we all watch Seinfeld re-runs now.For those that will still need their office fix they could blow through the British version of the office in about 2-3 days on Netflix. I love the original UK version because it's much more brutally honest that the US version.

I thought last nights episode was good. It is weird without M Scott, but I think the show can go on without him for a few more seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope it goes on for a few more seasons too...but at what cost? I'll take quaality over quantity anyday. It's like a good sports athlete. I'd rather see them go out on top, or at least at the top of their slide, then watch them fall and crumble into a shell of who they used to be.

Not a fan at all. The Office has jumped the shark. Twice now.

Back