Rahm to Callaway?

For sure. I was talking prime tiger not worn down teeth tiger.
It's weird... I think Tiger is actually more valuable (from personal perspective) now then he was back then..

Because now they can talk about him "working with the engineers" and etc.
And he's actually pretty fun to watch now outside of his bad rounds.

It's weird... I think Tiger is actually more valuable (from personal perspective) now then he was back then..

Because now they can talk about him "working with the engineers" and etc.
And he's actually pretty fun to watch now outside of his bad rounds.

So if Rahm won more. Then it would be ok?

So if Rahm won more. Then it would be ok?
Like, 70ish more times?
I bet most would be into it.

But then again, I wasn't supportive of Tiger being a richard for his career either. I just loved watching him dominate.

Yeah, I couldn't disagree more. There is nothing splitting hairs about the two of them. It's not close.

And 26 years of age is a bit old to be throwing full on tantrums on tour let alone the golf course. I learned that lesson when I was 14 at best.

Disagree away! I think JT has thrown some of the worst blow ups out there....to the point in getting someone thrown out. But us Americans love him cause well he’s passionate and he’s going ours!! LOL.

Anyways, back on topic. If true, good move by Callaway. Think Rambo will win some good tournaments and be a star for someone.

Disagree away! I think JT has thrown some of the worst blow ups out there....to the point in getting someone thrown out. But us Americans love him cause we’ll he’s passionate and he’s going ours!! LOL.

Anyways, back on topic. If true, good move by Callaway. Think Rambo will win some good tournaments and be a star for someone.
I remember the mixed decision on him getting the guy tossed.

What other examples, round after round, showcase his temper the way Rahm does? I'm all ears.

do they? they’re crushing it in sales, right? despite tm paying out the a$$ for the best players in the world. it seems like the product speaks for itself. yes, you want bags and logos splattered on tour. but it doesn’t have to be awkwardly covering every big name if the clubs are damn good.
You are right. They are definitely crushing it. It may have been more of me wanting to have Callaway staffer take down some majors.

What other examples, round after round, showcase his temper the way Rahm does? I'm all ears.
Hatton? Although his recent streak of maturity and/or outstanding play has put a temporary halt to the theatrics.

I don't see it.

...and I don't see what the company would gain from having him on staff outside of his ranking.
This was my initial response. His ranking helps them “bolster the stable”, but he doesn’t seem like a fit.

do they? they’re crushing it in sales, right? despite tm paying out the a$$ for the best players in the world. it seems like the product speaks for itself. yes, you want bags and logos splattered on tour. but it doesn’t have to be awkwardly covering every big name if the clubs are damn good.

saying the clubs speak for themselves seems to severely discount what that marketing team did over the past 5 years or so. Yes it’s important to have a great product, but I think it also has to be marketed well to succeed, and part of that marketing includes a talented tour presence.

On the pro vs con scale, picking up Rahm still is a net pro for Callaway, even with the temper.

But if they wanted to invest in the future, they should go after Collin.

Last edited:

So we’re now entering into the mine is bigger than yours arena?? LOL. Ok. Multiple tournaments when JT has done the release the club on the follow through and the club goes diving into the ground.....even a few times it almost hit spectators just outside the ropes. A few very close calls where someone got close to getting hurt. Awful. But Titleist seems ok w/ it so it’s all good! He’s passionate!!!

Hatton? Although his recent streak of maturity and/or outstanding play has put a temporary halt to the theatrics.
Oh, I meant showcasing JT in the same light (which as far as I am concerned, good luck lol).

So we’re now entering into the mine is bigger than yours arena?? LOL. Ok. Multiple tournaments when JT has done the release the club on the follow through and the club goes diving into the ground.....even a few times it almost hit spectators just outside the ropes. A few very close calls where someone got close to getting hurt. Awful. But Titleist seems ok w/ it so it’s all good! He’s passionate!!!
you're comparing letting go of a golf club to club slamming?

Yep, we're miles apart. May as well move on lol

Oh, I meant showcasing JT in the same light (which as far as I am concerned, good luck lol).
Ah yea I’m not touching that one.

Like, 70ish more times?
I bet most would be into it.

But then again, I wasn't supportive of Tiger being a richard for his career either. I just loved watching him dominate.

i am not into either. I think it is lame.. but I can’t really think of many other players as an OEM I would want right now..

let’s see if he survives the transition..if it happens. Many a pro lost their game after free agency.

Are you though? Id say feet apart. Anger vs frustration. Either way it causes issues with perception. JT gets away with it because he is also self-depricating during interviews and on course.

Letting go on purpose and almost hurting someone....yup, darn straight I’m comparing to poor judgement calls made by professional golfers. But your right....it’s your apples to my oranges.

Callaway obviously sees something w/ him like many others do.

i am not into either. I think it is lame.. but I can’t really think of many other players as an OEM I would want right now..

let’s see if he survives the transition..if it happens. Many a pro lost their game after free agency.
I hope he does. I hope that if he does get picked up by Callaway, he feels like it's a fresh start and actually acts like a professional out there. I just don't see the draw (again other than leaderboard).

I don't see it.

...and I don't see what the company would gain from having him on staff outside of his ranking.
Outside of Phil the current Callaway crew seems mostly like up and comer types. TM has obviously taken a different approach but their players are getting TM a lot more free advertising with their results. Rahm gets Callaway more on course exposure, IMO at least

Edit - FWIW I’m not a Rahm fan, hate the temper tantrums

Where do you stand on one liners like “you suck” or a sarcastic “awesome shot” after a mishit?

Rahm is a solid pick up for Callaway if true. Guy is a player

Letting go on purpose and almost hurting someone....yup, darn straight I’m comparing to poor judgement calls made by professional golfers. But your right....it’s your apples to my oranges.

Callaway obviously sees something w/ him like many others do.
When did this 'club let go almost hit fan' instance occur? I can't find anything on it.

1607049305991.png
This is the top 25. If anyone was a free agent, it’s hard to argue why anyone wouldn’t want the top 3. Looking at this it makes more sense to sign Rahm if available.

I’ve been critical of Rahm, but I can’t say it’s “every round” where he shows his passion. I think the cameras on him make it seem that way.

Where do you stand on one liners like “you suck” or a sarcastic “awesome shot” after a mishit?
I think any player who says something funny about the shot after they hit is hilarious. I get a little bored when they say they suck, because it's not as funny haha

Wouldn't blame the players for any of it though, that's more just personal preference. Not their fault the tour has mics shoved in their face unlike any other sport (I suppose maybe tennis but at least golfers don't grunt haha).

Back