Rahm to Callaway?

Letting go on purpose and almost hurting someone....yup, darn straight I’m comparing to poor judgement calls made by professional golfers. But your right....it’s your apples to my oranges.

Callaway obviously sees something w/ him like many others do.
I’ve seen that before. I really hope this is a fresh start, there’s definitely opportunity there for both parties.
1607049717819.gif

When did this 'club let go almost hit fan' instance occur? I can't find anything on it.

Watched it happen at some tournament. Went over to the fan and apologized profusely. I was in shock when it happened. I made a comment in the tournament thread at the time. That was when I lost a bit of luster for JT. He’s got to be better.

Are you though? Id say feet apart. Anger vs frustration. Either way it causes issues with perception. JT gets away with it because he is also self-depricating during interviews and on course.
I'm not looking for these guys to be robots, to be clear.. Then you'd just have a bunch of DJs out there and everyone would be sad haha

But there's a difference between rage/tantrum and frustration/sarcasm... or my personal favorite, bewilderment.

Watched it happen at some tournament. Went over to the fan and apologized profusely. I was in shock when it happened. I made a comment in the tournament thread at the time. That was when I lost a bit of luster for JT. He’s got to be better.
Okay, but, when? Like, years ago? And it happened once?

Comparing that to endless club slams?

View attachment 8977546
This is the top 25. If anyone was a free agent, it’s hard to argue why anyone wouldn’t want the top 3. Looking at this it makes more sense to sign Rahm if available.

I’ve been critical of Rahm, but I can’t say it’s “every round” where he shows his passion. I think the cameras on him make it seem that way.

In the Top 25, of those not with Callaway already I would say Wolff probably fits the brand the best from a personality and lifestyle (TM/Cauter) perspective. Wonder how long him and Collin are locked in at TM for.

Okay, but, when? Like, years ago? And it happened once?

Comparing that to endless club slams?

Good grief Dan, I don’t remember off the top of my head. If you give me a few days I can probably research it and come up w/ the time and date stamp if my word is no long good w/ you and your debates. Weird worm hole you wanted to take this down but ok.

Once again, trying to stay on topic, good for Rambo and Callaway if true.

Stay passionate JT!

In the Top 25, of those not with Callaway already I would say Wolff probably fits the brand the best from a personality and lifestyle (TM/Cauter) perspective. Wonder how long him and Collin are locked in at TM for.

don’t disagree, but Rahm gives them the most exposure overseas also. I think this signing is more about capitalizing on the #2 golfer in the world and expanding the Euro market

don’t disagree, but Rahm gives them the most exposure overseas also. I think this signing is more about capitalizing on the #2 golfer in the world and expanding the Euro market

completely agree on that front

And the fact that he seems to be getting close to cracking the majors. It’s all about getting those majors!!

Very cool move...how much tweaking has to happen with a move like this from a club and ball perspective

Good grief Dan, I don’t remember off the top of my head. If you give me a few days I can probably research it and come up w/ the time and date stamp if my word is no long good w/ you and your debates. Weird worm hole you wanted to take this down but ok.

Stay passionate JT!

WGC Mexico 2017 is where JT launched the club into the crowd

I have no issue with this move if true. #2 player in the world? He’ll move some clubs. Is he my favorite player? Hell no. The guy has fire no doubt. Let’s it get the best of him too often. But, the name of the game is selling golf clubs. If the #2 player in the world is available, I’m glad they made a move.
Outside of Phil and Xander I feel they needed someone else to bring some more eyes to the brand.

WGC Mexico 2017 is where JT launched the club into the crowd

Good find... I was quite curious and this deserves a stern talking to.

Stay passionate JT!

I can notarize your attestation that the video is in fact legitimate.
As always, I’m here to help.

never mind: Mike, I’m here if you need me

I don't quite get it, but if Callaway does sign him, they much have a plan of some sort. In spite of his play, he just doesn't seem like someone that I would see really helping move product. What do I know though.

I can notarize your attestation that the video is in fact legitimate.
As always, I’m here to help.

Appears Mike has helped my case w/ the evidence I was speaking of. My word is hopefully restored now. Thank you though for the support in this case.

he also slams clubs and acts like a b**** while on course..

I get that wins relate to relevance, but I would absolutely not want that dude repping my brand. No chance.

Have to disagree here. Rahm is fiery and passionate or so they say. 😆

Who moves the most clubs for Callaway? Still Phil? Is Xander a mover? Xander gets a lot of air time, at times, much like Fowler did.

Best I can tell, Keegan Bradley is the biggest name wearing Travis Mathew. I’m not sure who is the biggest name wearing Cuater. Callaway’s biggest names don’t seem to be wearing the soft goods.

Appears Mike has helped my case w/ the evidence I was speaking of. My word is hopefully restored now. Thank you though for the support in this case.

you are welcome. I will always be here to defend your honor. Lots of passion in this thread. I like it. The good kind though.

Very cool move...how much tweaking has to happen with a move like this from a club and ball perspective
I don't think to much. The CSX ball will be great, and just a matter of finding the right driver. Irons would be Apex MB's or the new X Forged maybe. Endless chances to find a putter he likes with Odyssey and Toulon putters. Dude should be set.

Back