Could You Captain?

If this thread proves anything it's that who ever is selected will have a lot of personalities to manage.

If this thread proves anything it's that who ever is selected will have a lot of personalities to manage.

lol, that should be obvious from this community :LOL: I'd hope all the captain-nominees realized that before putting their name forward!

lol, that should be obvious from this community :LOL: I'd hope all the captain-nominees realized that before putting their name forward!
I'm going to go with no :ROFLMAO:

Turned from captaining the Morgan Cup, to taking over and/or defending the universe.

All I know is I've been all Hackers, from day 1, and now I dont know if that makes me good or bad. I used to think good, but now I'm thinking I'm more Storm Trooper...:unsure:

I don’t want to be a captain anymore. First of all, there are some better choices in this thread and even some that would be better than me that haven’t posted. Second, I have had nightmares since I said I would be willing to captain the dark side and play against Jdtox and LittleRat. I look forward to seeing who gets this captaincy and am rooting for a few people!

Oh wait this is for Captain of Team Hackers? Well I’m Team Paradise for life, but still game for leading Team Hackers!

Definitely going to be exciting to see who is selected for an once in a lifetime opportunity!

You can't just switch allegiances, this isn't Star Wars :ROFLMAO:

Are you trying to say that Team Hackers is the Dark Side? 😂

Thanks for making me smile this morning. I got a kick out of this exchange as both a Star Wars fan and Hackers for Life member. I'm going to spend the rest of my morning pondering the dark side.

I don’t want to be a captain anymore. First of all, there are some better choices in this thread and even some that would be better than me that haven’t posted. Second, I have had nightmares since I said I would be willing to captain the dark side and play against Jdtox and LittleRat. I look forward to seeing who gets this captaincy and am rooting for a few people!

You can join the other side. Come over to the dark side! It is your destiny!

It would be an honor to lead any of these gentlemen into battle AND also have a BUNCH of fun while doing it.

Oh that's the really easy part to be honest. I'm at the point in my golfing career that I need to play what's best for my game & not what is best for my head & ego. :eek: I've been looking for an easy way to transition from my current OEM & this seems to be the best opportunity yet.
I would love to see you swinging some Cobras!
Maybe you’ll beat me when you get them! 😎

So I have been pondering this thread for a few days now debating what to say or how to say things which don't always translate from my head to the laptop.........

There's so many people on here that would do an amazing job. I've had to opportunity to play with quite a few THP'ers and there is never a doubt that they are all passionate about THP and about the game of golf. What has blown my mind is what kind of people everyone is that I have been fortunate enough to meet. At a moments notice they will help anyone with anything at anytime. I remember my first team experience at the MC, some of the most amazing guys I have ever met were there and regardless of it being Team Paradise or Team Hackers I would tee it up with any of them in any event at a moments notice. I remember the banter, the competition, the laughter, and the thrill of teeing it up with a couple groups of guys against one another in what is normally an individual sport takes it to a complete new level.

Teams and competitions will always have Captains, and what I've learned is that the more relaxed and comfortable the team is, the better they compete. Sometimes its a hug, a callout, a joke, a nudge, a laugh, asking for help, or even saying nothing. People are all different, but the one thing that everyone always deserves and is non negotiable to me is respect. Respect to play their game and most Importantly respect as a person. It doesnt matter the handicap, the status of the match, always show respect in how you would like to be shown the same. Respect your team, respect the other team, make decisions based on what you know and cherish every moment of it before, during, and after.

Couple all that with gear that nobody else has, getting to tell likes and dislikes of it, I know I can't talk numbers and granular details of clubs (because I've tried) but if it's solid, not solid, if the clubs are friendly or has a bad attitude, or if it's a great or bad fit in my eyes is how I can describe clubs and how they perform. To kind of sum up the long winded summary of do I think I could be a captain, yeah I think if you're looking for someone who loves to compete, loves being with people who love golf, respects others, and wants to have a great time doing it, then yes I got that shot in the bag.

So I have been pondering this thread for a few days now debating what to say or how to say things which don't always translate from my head to the laptop.........

There's so many people on here that would do an amazing job. I've had to opportunity to play with quite a few THP'ers and there is never a doubt that they are all passionate about THP and about the game of golf. What has blown my mind is what kind of people everyone is that I have been fortunate enough to meet. At a moments notice they will help anyone with anything at anytime. I remember my first team experience at the MC, some of the most amazing guys I have ever met were there and regardless of it being Team Paradise or Team Hackers I would tee it up with any of them in any event at a moments notice. I remember the banter, the competition, the laughter, and the thrill of teeing it up with a couple groups of guys against one another in what is normally an individual sport takes it to a complete new level.

Teams and competitions will always have Captains, and what I've learned is that the more relaxed and comfortable the team is, the better they compete. Sometimes its a hug, a callout, a joke, a nudge, a laugh, asking for help, or even saying nothing. People are all different, but the one thing that everyone always deserves and is non negotiable to me is respect. Respect to play their game and most Importantly respect as a person. It doesnt matter the handicap, the status of the match, always show respect in how you would like to be shown the same. Respect your team, respect the other team, make decisions based on what you know and cherish every moment of it before, during, and after.

Couple all that with gear that nobody else has, getting to tell likes and dislikes of it, I know I can't talk numbers and granular details of clubs (because I've tried) but if it's solid, not solid, if the clubs are friendly or has a bad attitude, or if it's a great or bad fit in my eyes is how I can describe clubs and how they perform. To kind of sum up the long winded summary of do I think I could be a captain, yeah I think if you're looking for someone who loves to compete, loves being with people who love golf, respects others, and wants to have a great time doing it, then yes I got that shot in the bag.

Follow up (because I do that).
Do you think you have the time to devote to the activity level necessary for it?

Well said sir, however you are not allowed to switch allegiances either! :ROFLMAO:

Well said sir, however you are not allowed to switch allegiances either! :ROFLMAO:

I know, I know. But I had to reply, have you ever known me to sit on the sideline??? LOL

And for the record the 250 yd 3 wood shot was challenged to me by Jake for $20 and how can I turn down a challenge of 20 bucks in front of a group of guys..............how can I not take that challenge???

Do you think you have the time to devote to the activity level necessary for it?

Follow up to this. For those that don't really know. Can you expand on what the committed time level would be? It may be more or less than is imagined or understood. We can look at previous examples, but from the outside it is still hard to gauge and fully grasp.

Follow up to this. For those that don't really know. Can you expand on what the committed time level would be? It may be more or less than is imagined or understood. We can look at previous examples, but from the outside it is still hard to gauge and fully grasp.
Plan on the whole year of 2021

Absolutely, it's an opportunity for an escape from the craziness in the world, craziness from work, and giving feedback consistently and honestly to the forum because that is how most people know us internet golfers. It also helps that my travel budget for next year got almost completely demolished so it looks like more home time for me, which is a huge plus for devoting the proper time and activity that it requires. Side note, my wife would absolutely kill me if I didn't (and yes I am afraid of her)

I think the previous examples are a good place to start. Let's say this event is held in late summer of next year (randomly using that example, as Cobra and I have not discussed dates yet). If you are named captain in January (and someone will be), that is a long commitment to discuss equipment and be an overall active participant on the forum. We believe family first and career first, so obviously nobody is asking someone to quit their job over this. But we also believe that opportunities like this deserve at least some daily consideration.

Absolutely, it's an opportunity for an escape from the craziness in the world, craziness from work, and giving feedback consistently and honestly to the forum because that is how most people know us internet golfers. It also helps that my travel budget for next year got almost completely demolished so it looks like more home time for me, which is a huge plus for devoting the proper time and activity that it requires. Side note, my wife would absolutely kill me if I didn't (and yes I am afraid of her)

Thanks for the response.

I think the previous examples are a good place to start. Let's say this event is held in late summer of next year (randomly using that example, as Cobra and I have not discussed dates yet). If you are named captain in January (and someone will be), that is a long commitment to discuss equipment and be an overall active participant on the forum. We believe family first and career first, so obviously nobody is asking someone to quit their job over this. But we also believe that opportunities like this deserve at least some daily consideration.

Thanks for the response.

Thanks!! That seems absolutely reasonable and doable.

I want to add one thing that I keep getting asked. No, tenure or THP Experience experience (that sounds weird) has no basis on our decisions. With that said, someone that has not even ventured into previous Experience threads or chatted during them to encourage or follow along might not be perfect. While its not a black and white thing, there is a lot that goes into playing and posting and sharing these with the forum.

I was lucky enough to meet and be part of Chef's first THP event and he is no doubt an amazing choice as a captain.

Golf Jesus in 2021 is a winning ticket

We need a captain for this one that will take a rag tag bunch of Hackers to defeat the incumbent champions like it’s an 80s movie.

Who could be the the Dave Marshak of team Hackers?

I have faith that Team Hackers will be like the Wolverines in Red Dawn

I think I would make a really good Captain, I meet all of the stated criteria. I’ve participated in events & have seen multiple different styles/ approaches to Captaincy. I would take these learnings and apply them to my approach.

The Morgan Cup is an event that has always been special to me, and would be honored to be selected.

Also, if selected, the Captains singles match would probably go down a lot better for @jdtox than his last two matches against @Canadan & @OITW. My last match play singles performance at a THP event was less than stellar... Just saying.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Back