Also, if selected, the Captains singles match would probably go down a lot better for @jdtox than his last two matches against @Canadan & @OITW. My last match play singles performance at a THP event was less than stellar... Just saying.
what kind of 'want to be a' captain says he won't dominate his singles match!?

COME ON MAN!

COME ON MAN!
It was tongue in cheek...
You know I’ll grind it out. I’m a consummate grinder.

I could definitely be a captain. I'vebeen a captain for a THP team in the past and I think my teammates would agree that I did I nice job of getting everyone involved and keeping them engaged on and off the forum. We may have come up short on the golf course but we had a hell of time trying!

I could definitely be a captain. I'vebeen a captain for a THP team in the past and I think my teammates would agree that I did I nice job of getting everyone involved and keeping them engaged on and off the forum. We may have come up short on the golf course but we had a hell of time trying!
A follow up question. Activity has been sporadic, so do you have time to review and discuss equipment?
Don’t forget your 2021 ac if you want to be considered

Also, if selected, the Captains singles match would probably go down a lot better for @jdtox than his last two matches against @Canadan & @OITW. My last match play singles performance at a THP event was less than stellar... Just saying.

🤔 🤔 🤔

COME ON MAN!
👆🏽 👆🏽 👆🏽

It was tongue in cheek...
You know I’ll grind it out. I’m a consummate grinder.
To use one of your favorite giphys - but also to clarify this shouldn’t be done months (years) in advance...

🤔 🤔 🤔

👆🏽 👆🏽 👆🏽

To use one of your favorite giphys - but also to clarify this shouldn’t be done months (years) in advance...

Geez both of you... All I was trying to say was instead of getting boat raced, maybe he would have a chance to grind out a halve.

A follow up question. Activity has been sporadic, so do you have time to review and discuss equipment?
Don’t forget your 2021 ac if you want to be considered

Thanks for the follow up question. Yes, I'd definitely have time to review and discuss equipment. I had some personal/family/financial issues that needed sorting over the past year or so that have been taking most of my attention that now appear to have been sorted. Nobody would have wanted a grumpy Richard posting and replying so I just basically became a lurker. I still managed to get my golf in though and tinker with equipment!

2021 AC will be renewed for what I believe will be my 5th straight year shortly. Even when not posting I like to get the AC membership and give my small donation to help others!

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
I literally laughed out loud at this, considering we played the same person and results were completely opposite it would be interesting :ROFLMAO:

I literally laughed out loud at this, considering we played the same person and results were completely opposite it would be interesting :ROFLMAO:
Someone got the joke.... lol

Maybe I should be doing more pandering instead of talking about one of the primary requirements of the position...🤔

Maybe I should be doing more pandering instead of talking about one of the primary requirements of the position...🤔

Now you’re getting it! 😅

In all seriousness, I don’t think JB or whoever is choosing the Captain likes pandering and can see right through it.

Now you’re getting it! 😅

In all seriousness, I don’t think JB or whoever is choosing the Captain likes pandering and can see right through it.
t'was a bit of a tongue and cheek joke.....

Really enjoyed reading through this entire thread.

We are making a list and checking it twice :ROFLMAO:

Whoever is selected will have some very big shoes to fill & will do a great job!

Someone’s mind is going to be blown soon!

One take away I got from this thread is that a captain is going to need to have a plan on how to deal with talking to their team about pace of play if they fall behind, and perhaps even preemptively. It’s never fun to have to tell someone they are playing slow, I had to do it earlier this week with the droid I was with, all friends.

I would say the the key to keeping pace of play isn’t trying to rush anyone, but more making sure everyone is being deliberate with their actions. If you have a need for a long pre-shot routine, recognize that and cut down on all the time wasted before that shot. And make sure you find the fairway a lot.

Could I captain.....

Yes I’m confident I could. I’m a very positive person these days. There’s more to it though than just trying to uplift your team. In terms of here, there’s getting your team to be connected to the community. Post/get involved, build buzz/energy for the event, be honest and truthful about their thoughts on the equipment.

I’m on here everyday. I post as much as I can but I don’t just post for the sake of posting. I try to contribute actual thought to the subject haha. Of course there are times where I just do a post-by and say, “wow that’s beautiful” or “I’d hit it” haha.

One take away I got from this thread is that a captain is going to need to have a plan on how to deal with talking to their team about pace of play if they fall behind, and perhaps even preemptively. It’s never fun to have to tell someone they are playing slow, I had to do it earlier this week with the droid I was with, all friends.

I would say the the key to keeping pace of play isn’t trying to rush anyone, but more making sure everyone is being deliberate with their actions. If you have a need for a long pre-shot routine, recognize that and cut down on all the time wasted before that shot. And make sure you find the fairway a lot.
The slow play conversation is an easy one. All you have to tell the team is if you play slow or hold anyone up it's an automatic throat punch. I think I learned that tip from PhillyV.

Kidding of course, but probably highly effective.

There are so many worthy folks out there. Has been interesting and a bit humbling reading through the responses.

Slow Play we talking Slow play.

ahh, the joisting in this thread is awesome

in reality, are people playing slow or just not as fast as some play? Or are they just realizing their THP experience is winding down and trying to make it last????

Genuinely you won’t have to. Read the pre shot routine thread. It’s a fruitless effort since nobody thinks they are deliberate, let alone slow. Save the words for making sure everybody has a great time and bonding

Could I captain.....

Yes I’m confident I could. I’m a very positive person these days. There’s more to it though than just trying to uplift your team. In terms of here, there’s getting your team to be connected to the community. Post/get involved, build buzz/energy for the event, be honest and truthful about their thoughts on the equipment.

I’m on here everyday. I post as much as I can but I don’t just post for the sake of posting. I try to contribute actual thought to the subject haha. Of course there are times where I just do a post-by and say, “wow that’s beautiful” or “I’d hit it” haha.

Follow up question since you mentioned it. You mentioned not just posting for the sake of posting. Yet I would ask isn’t asking questions in equipment threads and driving conversation more than that?

Back