TaylorMade TR3 Speed Sleeve Training Aid

I appreciate that. I'll have the ex video my swing today. It's got the point where I was questioning every little thing, changing my set up (how far from the ball I stand) etc. Great thing is I hit 2 shots with my 6i that went flew the 175 mark (which was reading 185+) and thats a big increase in distance for me. So it's really helping with my power lol.

Share some video buddy. I'd love to look at it, see if I can put my finger on anything for you. I can see what you're saying though. This thing does ingrain b/c of the weight but what if it's ingraining bad habits?

I appreciate that. I'll have the ex video my swing today. It's got the point where I was questioning every little thing, changing my set up (how far from the ball I stand) etc. Great thing is I hit 2 shots with my 6i that went flew the 175 mark (which was reading 185+) and thats a big increase in distance for me. So it's really helping with my power lol.

I think your head's getting in the way a bit man. I never recommend tinkering with grip, stance, all that, just b/c of inconsistent contact. Sometimes it's best to just leave the range. One can't will a golf ball or overthink a golf ball.

Yeah man, it just was bad news. I got the wedge out and just started going at the 50 yard bucket which ended well but I couldn't shake that early part. Ill still get the vid for you and just go to what was working and see what you think.

I think your head's getting in the way a bit man. I never recommend tinkering with grip, stance, all that, just b/c of inconsistent contact. Sometimes it's best to just leave the range. One can't will a golf ball or overthink a golf ball.

Yeah man, it just was bad news. I got the wedge out and just started going at the 50 yard bucket which ended well but I couldn't shake that early part. Ill still get the vid for you and just go to what was working and see what you think.

Sure thing buddy.

Maybe my swing is so jacked up but I have been seeing not so good results in the last week lol. I'm thinking of dumping the sleeve. I'm going to post a question in the ask the pro section but I feel a huge over the top move with the Speed Sleeve. I think it does great things for the takeaway but I almost feel like if you start on the wrong path the sleeve helps maintain the wrong path. I dont know, I'm just reporting what I'm finding. Obviously its not because of the device but if you're straight with your swing it may worsen the flaw? I was hitting balls better than I ever have up until a week or so ago.

I had the same issue and started using it with my Vision Track, Swingyde or other training aids to ingrain the right things.

Also, to the earlier posters question about using it to hit balls with. I hit balls with mine up to a 100% swing with no problems. I take hella divots too so it's not like I am not stressing the shaft.

I've about got the slippage issue whipped as well. I've tightened it down as much as humanly possible and it seems to be staying in place now.

I had the same issue and started using it with my Vision Track, Swingyde or other training aids to ingrain the right things.

Also, to the earlier posters question about using it to hit balls with. I hit balls with mine up to a 100% swing with no problems. I take hella divots too so it's not like I am not stressing the shaft.

I've about got the slippage issue whipped as well. I've tightened it down as much as humanly possible and it seems to be staying in place now.

I hit balls with it on the range as well and have never had a problem yet, but I'm careful when I do it.

Ill check this out for sure. Need to find the vision track somewhere :)

Im going to pick one up on the way to range today. Crappy weather but I think i need to get a range session in daily. Really love the reviews here - i had walked past one of these at golfsmith for weeks now - i never gave it much of a thought - but i like the idea of swinging it 30-40 times a night when i cannot get out. I think it has the added benefit of stretching/beefing up core muscles.

Im just not sure this is something thats meant to be used while hitting balls. But Im not sure, just a thought. For me its strictly for swinging indoors when I cant be at the range. Its usually my evening practice.

Ill check this out for sure. Need to find the vision track somewhere :)

I got mine from Rockbottomgolf.com Vision Track. I think I'm going to order the SKLZ version of this and give it a try, been watching some youtube videos trying to cure my casting a bit figure I add this with those drills and the vision track and maybe I can start hitting a golf ball where I'm aiming.

Im just not sure this is something thats meant to be used while hitting balls. But Im not sure, just a thought. For me its strictly for swinging indoors when I cant be at the range. Its usually my evening practice.

Well if you look at the videos on the Taylormade page they show it being used hitting balls.

I used this aid this morning before work just to loosen my aching back. If it does nothing else than that it is worth it for me. I was headed to try it at the range but wound up having to fire an employee at the Monkey Disco. Of course, that means I am stuck working the shift. I still haven't been able to tell if it has been helping my ball striking, but the ol' back feels better. So I got that going for me

Well if you look at the videos on the Taylormade page they show it being used hitting balls.

If its not on my iPad then I dont see it. Thats good to know though, I wasnt sure but that settles it.

Just for kicks, instead of lunch with food Im gonna find some wifi. Just so I can watch it on my xoom. Then tell you via the kick @ss web browser. :)

But I wouldnt recommend long term use of the sleeve on club while hitting full shots. Could be I just hve a super powerful swing because I swing fast. Really it was a horrible fat shot.

I follow blindly. I looked all through itunes for the video but couldnt find it. lmao

Here are all of the videos on the Speed Sleeve

Those are very good videos. Before watching those I would have been very hesitant to hit driver with it on. I might give it a shot now.

Ida know dude. It's a lot of weight it seems to be adding to the club. Have you tried the iron first (possible skim alert)? It definitely feel a lot different.

Those are very good videos. Before watching those I would have been very hesitant to hit driver with it on. I might give it a shot now.

Ida know dude. It's a lot of weight it seems to be adding to the club. Have you tried the iron first (possible skim alert)? It definitely feel a lot different.

Nope. I didnt plan on hitting any clubs with it on before those videos. I think the key is to stay smooth bro and not go all HAM on your driver.

Yes, going HAM can cause many issues. Sometimes though, I just swing so hard I don't know if they make a flex that can handle it.

But I'm gonna use a club I dont hit anymore and try with the sleeve on. Maybe thats why Im not doin so hot the last two times.

Nope. I didnt plan on hitting any clubs with it on before those videos. I think the key is to stay smooth bro and not go all HAM on your driver.

Yes, going HAM can cause many issues. Sometimes though, I just swing so hard I don't know if they make a flex that can handle it.

But I'm gonna use a club I dont hit anymore and try with the sleeve on. Maybe thats why Im not doin so hot the last two times.

Im going to give it a shot in my driver too and see what happens. Might have to clear the range first though.

Haha, I may do some work with my old 3w. That way there arent any big time casualties. Hope it works out for you OEM.

Im going to give it a shot in my driver too and see what happens. Might have to clear the range first though.

Haha, I may do some work with my old 3w. That way there arent any big time casualties. Hope it works out for you OEM.

Thanks dude you too. May the range session be the stuff of legend. Worthy of reporting back to TC's range session thread.

Also, just a heads up, and it may just be me, but I wouldn't use it with a putter. I felt like it had the opposite effect and made it harder to feel the head of the club. Just my 2 cents on that. I've loved using it with everything else.

Back