Jeans on the golf course?

Jeans on the golf course

• Yes

Votes: 36 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 60 62.5%

• Total voters
Our local muni allows it.

I'll wear jeans at our 9 hole course playing by myself in less than an hour, but not at the 18 hole course, always khakis for me. I don't wear jeans to church either, old fashioned I guess. I don't mind if others do, though.

Will I say something if I see jeans at my local muni? No. Will my judgey eyes join me for the full round? Absolutely :p

I don't personally, but I am not going to look at you funny if you do especially during the colder months.

Yup. Will in winter. It’s not against rules at courses I play, and it’s not at all uncomfortable to me.

Jeans are ok on a public facility when temps are bottoming out for me. I don't care if you want to wear them.

My local course is pretty lax on dress code. I don't care either way. Wear whatever you're comfortable with, we're not a fancy club by any means. That said - I could see why some courses would say no. I personally have never worn jeans on the course and never would. I would never be able to be comfortable in them.

I have worn jeans at the local muni. On a decent course I would never.

A lot of the guys at our course work sales jobs where nice jeans are allowed so our course will allow them. If it's nice out I normally change before I head out for league but when it's cool/cold jeans are my go to.

The only correct answer to this question is yes. My normal group during fall and winter golf you well see jeans, slacks, sweat pants, carharts, rain pants, and shorts.

I do not know why someone would want to play golf in jeans. but even crazier to me, was a guy I used to mountain bike with in New England....he wore full length jeans and leather work gloves every time!

I wouldn't, but you be you.

I won't wear them so voted no, but it is all about what the course wants to do. If they allow them then vaya con dios.

Nope, I'm a golf apparel snob.

I really don't mind what other golfers wear. I just appreciate them paying their green fees, which helps to keep my own green fees lower.

Quite a few golfers at my hc wear jeans. I've seen others golfing in sweat pants, and sweat hoodies. Not a problem.

I dress what is considered appropriate when playing for a score. That said I might show up in the short game practice area looking like a Hobo.

I was once turned a way from playing, after paying my green fees, by the starter, for wearing blue jeans. I had worn blue jeans on this course for several prior rounds. Never a problem. Took some stern words on my part to get my green fee refunded from the counter help.

Funny thing is that this 27 hole, public course eventually went out of business due to the lack of customers, and other business problems.

I have no issue with jeans on the course. I find them to be too restrictive though so I would opt for golf pants.

I said no because I don't think that would be at all comfortable. I wear jeans sometimes when I'm at the range and every time I think to myself I'd never play in these :LOL:.

Pass for me

No to denim.

Wear whatever you want, unless there's a dress code that states otherwise. I don't know when golfers got in the business of telling other grown adults what they can and can't wear. Holf is hard enough. You should at least be comfortable.

I don't have a problem with jeans, especially in the winter. As long as they are not torn and an appropriate top is being worn, then anytime.

Wear whatever you want, unless there's a dress code that states otherwise. I don't know when golfers got in the business of telling other grown adults what they can and can't wear. Golf is hard enough. You should at least be comfortable.

Agreed.

On private property, if there's a dress code, so be it. Their club, their rules.

Outside of that: don't care. Jeans, shorts, t-shirts, sure, fine.

I cannot fathom spending a moment of my time worrying about (or being offended by) what others wear.

I'll go one further... jean joggers and a denim hoodie. To some, the worst of all worlds!:ROFLMAO:

I really don't care what someone wears to play golf. It's not my place, I'm not the fashion police.

I think at a certain pricepoint threshold, it can be a thing where it could be accepted as an understanding that all walks are participating, but no... I do not like jeans on the golf course.

855B59CF-8737-4A2A-95BC-62C133CF987D.jpeg

Back