Head covers on or off during your round?

Head covers on or off during your round?

• On

Votes: 122 79.2%
  • Off

Votes: 32 20.8%

• Total voters
I keep mine on since I walk all the time so my clubs don't clang together! :D

Just out of habit, I put the headcovers back on after each shot. It's so much of a habit that I even found myself doing it at the range when I was testing multiple drivers. Would rather I didn't do it then, would've saved some time, but habit took over. :smile:

I usually leave them off - but I may have to leave them on b/c I just got some new clubs and I'd hate to see them get damaged. When the husband and I recently walked a par three, he kept all covers on (and he carried my clubs for me) - and he held is irons (b/c they are forged) with one hand as he walked so they wouldn't bang together (he doesn't have any iron covers).

I keep the head covers on the driver, wood and hybrids to protect the shafts. I've heard the irons banging into the shafts can damage them.

I keep my putter headcover on all the time, I'm very fastidious about that. I usually keep my driver on to, but it depends on the type of round I'm having. I usually don't keep my hybrid covers on. Once there off they stay off.

Shocking that anyone could leave em off. I die a little inside when a crown gets a mark.

I walk most of the time when I play so I leave the head covers on. My old blade Putter the head cover used to come off all the time. I would put the putter cover in a pocket in my bag so I wouldn't lose it. Now my mallet Putter cover stays on real nice.

Headcovers on all round long, I take them on and off before and after every shot. I like to keep them looking pretty!!!

My head covers are always on when I am not using the club.

Headcovers stay on the entire time for me. I noticed quite a few people saying they leave off their driver and putter, and I get the theory on the driver standing higher, but I would never want to run the risk of dinging the face of my putter.

Headcovers stay on the entire time for me. I noticed quite a few people saying they leave off their driver and putter, and I get the theory on the driver standing higher, but I would never want to run the risk of dinging the face of my putter.

I don't get the theory about the driver. Because it is so much longer, the shaft is far more vulnerable to getting dinged and nicked up by shorter metal headed clubs banging against it. I don't get that at all. It's usually the most expensive club in your bag. Why wouldn't you do everything possible to protect it???? I bought an after market head cover with magnetic closures for my Diablo because the one which came with it was a pain to get back on. It takes me about 2 seconds to replace it.

By the way, I agree that the putter is also important to protect.

yea that drives me crazy. I hate bag chatter - and i have to put the covers back on everytime.

I don't get the theory about the driver. Because it is so much longer, the shaft is far more vulnerable to getting dinged and nicked up by shorter metal headed clubs banging against it. I don't get that at all. It's usually the most expensive club in your bag. Why wouldn't you do everything possible to protect it???? I bought an after market head cover with magnetic closures for my Diablo because the one which came with it was a pain to get back on. It takes me about 2 seconds to replace it.

As I stated originally, I always put the head cover back on, but I do understand why some people feel it is not necessary. Also, I have a 14 way insert in my bag that does not allow anything to touch the shaft of my driver, and if that is the case for someone leaving their head cover off, then so be it.

How hard are you guys jostling your bags around anyways? I just checked the shaft on my driver and can't find any wear on it from the other clubs.. . Are the courses really bumpy or something? Just asking because I really don't know.

Our courses are pretty smooth, and when I walk I use a push cart and I definetly ain't breaking any land speed records.

Edit: my bag has 14 slots so this must be why my driver is good to go.

I have my bag on a push cart and my driver is in the very top slot so the nearest club to it is the wedges but the club heads hang towards the cart so I do not have my heads hitting the shaft. I can see what you are saying if the driver was anywhere else in the bag (in my case at least). Putter cover on my gorgeous SeeMore Si1 is always on if not in use.

For me it really depends honestly. When I am walking I always put the covers back on. However when I am riding if I am using a club frequently I will often leave the head cover off until the end of the round.

If the course is wide open I leave the driver headcover off. My bag is setup where the driver is surrounded by clubs with headcovers so I don't need to worry about anything touching the shaft. The others I leave on. I'm not one to worry about aesthetics all that much either. If it doesn't affect the playability of the club it doesn't bother me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I am ridding they come off and stay off, When walking the go right back on after a quick wipe.

My BagBoy Revolver Pro has 14 slots with clips. I never have "chatter" with my clubs so I feel comfortable with leaving the covers off.
I do keep my headcover on my putter, however, and I use the external putter well for it during rounds for easier access.

I keep them all on on all the time. Walking or riding.

Always on. Don't want them banging around, making noise, getting dinged, scratched, or chipped.

Mine are always on. My headcovers come off and go on pretty easy and for the amount of money we pay for most of these clubs, why not take the extra 3 seconds to protect them in the event that anything happens.

All headcover are on for the protection at all times.

My driver headcover comes off but the rest stay on. I position my driver behind my hybrid with which has a padded headcover.

Back