Srixon Z-Star Driver

for sure mike, first impressions of this thing are great, i was blown away at how great it feels in hand, just from swinging this shaft out in my backyard i can tell its probably gonna be the best shaft i have ever played, of course thats only going off of feel and we know it all feels allot different when you hit a ball but just swinging it is so smooth.Im also blown away by the wrench and weight system, just simple and amazing, tell ya the truth i have already adjust back to the black head, i thought it would take longer.

yeah, these clubs now are like toy transformers

Part of the reason I love the new R11, but I cant get past how much further I hit the Superfast 2.0.

I have the R9 and managed not to tinker with it, so I could probably get away with the Superfast as far as that is concerned.

I am going to close the face a bit next time im at the range with my R9 and see what happeds to the fade

I have no idea why he put it on "R", what I have experienced is that when I put it on "N", I had a draw of 20 yds off target at ± 240. I just moved it over one notch towards the "R".
That said, maybe I was already closing the face of my Z-rw to correct the slice and STILL doing it out of unconcious habit...I'll have to check that one out at the range tomorrow and get back to you. But, I can't stress this enough: Don't be affraid to tinker with it...It won't break!

So you were drawing it, you said fade in the other post, at least i thought you did, that makes sense putting it on R which opens the face to correct a draw, didnt make sense at all putting it on R to correct a fade lol. Im not affraid to tinker one bit, have played the Supertri and R11 the last 2 years so i tinker all the time. Love the adjustability

yeah, these clubs now are like toy transformers

Part of the reason I love the new R11, but I cant get past how much further I hit the Superfast 2.0.

I have the R9 and managed not to tinker with it, so I could probably get away with the Superfast as far as that is concerned.

I am going to close the face a bit next time im at the range with my R9 and see what happeds to the fade

Closing it should help, it will start the ball more left. If you dont really mess with the settings i bet you would like having the 2.0

Two golfsmiths and 2 local stores visited......0 z-star drivers to even look at... Sad day : (

Two golfsmiths and 2 local stores visited......0 z-star drivers to even look at... Sad day : (

that sucks, its not like they wouldnt sell them if they carried them.

So you were drawing it, you said fade in the other post, at least i thought you did, that makes sense putting it on R which opens the face to correct a draw, didnt make sense at all putting it on R to correct a fade lol. Im not affraid to tinker one bit, have played the Supertri and R11 the last 2 years so i tinker all the time. Love the adjustability

I forgot to put it in, when I inverted the weights I also put it on "N" then I started drawing it, that's why I say that to correct the draw I switched over to one notch at the right of "N". Sorry 'bout that!

EDIT: I posted twice, on the second post I say that I had a draw AFTER I set it to "N", so I moved it over one notch.

EDIT AGAIN: (I'll get it right yet) As I stated, it could be that I was actually closing the face at address to begin with...That's what I have to see tomorrow.

Last edited:
I forgot to put it in, when I inverted the weights I also put it on "N" then I started drawing it, that's why I say that to correct the draw I switched over to one notch at the right of "N". Sorry 'bout that!

EDIT: I posted twice, on the second post I say that I had a draw AFTER I set it to "N", so I moved it over one notch.

EDIT AGAIN: (I'll get it right yet) As I stated, it could be that I was actually closing the face at adress to begin with...That's what I have to see tomorrow.

lol i gotcha, i was hoping to rain would hold off until later tonight but nope, its been pouring all night so i cant get out once again:at-wits-end:

Hey guys i was actually able to get to the range for 2 large buckets, woot woot lol. I will do a little write up of what i think about the Zstar later tonight, gotta lot of cooking and club cleaning to do before supper. I will say this though, im pretty damn sure me and the Zstar are going to have a great relationship, i of course had some bag swings creep in but once i stepped back and relaxed and didnt grip it like i was trying to break the shaft i hit it great. I think part of that has been my problem lately, gripping the club way to hard.

Alright guys im done with the cooking, I hit allot of balls with the Zstar today and had some very promising results, i had some get away from me but i had allot more good ones than bad. I absolutly prefer no alignment mark, love that about this driver. The sound is very different from what i am use to, its not bad its just different, its a tinny sound but its not loud, its kinda dull if that makes sense. The Dromos is great, LOVE the feel of this shaft, its very stable and i can feel what its doing throughout the entire swing, it really loads nice, i didnt have any that felt like the shaft got away from me or had to catch up, i could really tell what it was doing, great feedback. The Zstar has a pretty hot face, i think anyway, i poked some out there past where i normally was with the R11, could be just a better match for me but it def doesnt fall short in length. I didnt mess with the sleeve adjustments because i want to get a good feeling for it in neutral before i start adjusting it but i did switch up the weights and loved the higher ball flight i got out of the 11g in the back and 3g in the heel, i could really see the differene in height compared to when i was hitting it with the 7g rear and 3g heel. I could see more of a change in ball flight with the Zstar than i could with the R11 weight changes(in height). Im hoping i can get out and play mid week but im not sure, allot more rain coming tonight-tuesday. Well i figured i would finish with a few pics. Enjoy
ZstarSole.jpg
[/IMG]
ZstarShaft.jpg
[/IMG]
Zstardowntheshaft.jpg
[/IMG]

Back from the driving range, hit about 200 balls, most of them with the driver. Hit the first 5 balls setting up without thinking, and there it was; when I had the grip changed on my W-506 last year, I also had it lenghten by 1", that's when I started closing the face at address and I adapted my stance to hit it straight(er) with the Z-rw and didn't pay any attention to the alignment of the face. I set the hozel back to "N" on the Z-Star and, the head felt heavy all of the sudden, so I replaced the 11gr with the 3gr on the heel; now it's even easier to hit. I tinkered, putting in the 7gr and went back to the 3gr. The 7gr weight will stay at the back for now. As mentioned above, I think the Z-Star and I will have a wonderfull relationship :love:!
Now, I have four SRIXON drivers and this one is the very best one yet....Please, please, please, I love my Z-steel FWs, leavemealone with the Z-Stars already :laughing:. I doubt very much that I will ever get to demo them so, that means: I'm safe...Right?... I need convincing here! :bulgy-eyes:

Last edited:
Back from the driving range, hit about 200 balls, most of them with the driver. Hit the first 5 balls setting up without thinking, and there it was; when I had the grip changed on my W-506 last year, I also had it lenghten by 1", that's when I started closing the face at adress and I adapted my stance to hit it straight(er) with the Z-rw and didn't pay any attention to the alignment of the face. I set the hozel back to "N" on the Z-Star and, the head felt heavy all of the sudden, so I replaced the 11gr with the 3gr on the heel; now it's even easier to hit. I tinkered, putting in the 7gr and went back to the 3gr. The 7gr weight will stay at the back for now. As mentioned above, I think the Z-Star and I will have a wonderfull relationship :love:!
Now, I have four SRIXON drivers and this one is the very best one yet....Please, please, please, I love my Z-steel FWs, leavemealone with the Z-Stars already :laughing:. I doubt very much that I will ever get to demo them so, that means: I'm safe...Right?... I need convincing here! :bulgy-eyes:

lol not being able to demo def does not mean you are safe, i wasnt able to demo the driver and looked what happened, it ended up in my bag hehe

I know....I'll just start feeling sorry for my Z-steel's, that should get me through this season...at least :laughing:(I hope)!
Actually, I've been eyeing the Ping S-56's since they came out, you have no idea how much trouble I went (and was willing to go) through to demo and buy the Z-Star. But, now that it's in the bag, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be happier having the S-56's backing it up. This is looking more and more like an obsession.

I know....I'll just start feeling sorry for my Z-steel's, that should get me through this season...at least :laughing:(I hope)!
Actually, I've been eyeing the Ping S-56's since they came out, you have no idea how much trouble I went (and was willing to go) through to demo and buy the Z-Star. But, now that it's in the bag, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be happier having the S-56's backing it up. This is looking more and more like an obsession.

We are all golf ho's at heart, nothing you can do about it lol

Alright guys im done with the cooking, I hit allot of balls with the Zstar today and had some very promising results, i had some get away from me but i had allot more good ones than bad. I absolutly prefer no alignment mark, love that about this driver. The sound is very different from what i am use to, its not bad its just different, its a tinny sound but its not loud, its kinda dull if that makes sense. The Dromos is great, LOVE the feel of this shaft, its very stable and i can feel what its doing throughout the entire swing, it really loads nice, i didnt have any that felt like the shaft got away from me or had to catch up, i could really tell what it was doing, great feedback. The Zstar has a pretty hot face, i think anyway, i poked some out there past where i normally was with the R11, could be just a better match for me but it def doesnt fall short in length. I didnt mess with the sleeve adjustments because i want to get a good feeling for it in neutral before i start adjusting it but i did switch up the weights and loved the higher ball flight i got out of the 11g in the back and 3g in the heel, i could really see the differene in height compared to when i was hitting it with the 7g rear and 3g heel. I could see more of a change in ball flight with the Zstar than i could with the R11 weight changes(in height). Im hoping i can get out and play mid week but im not sure, allot more rain coming tonight-tuesday. Well i figured i would finish with a few pics. Enjoy
ZstarSole.jpg
[/IMG]
ZstarShaft.jpg
[/IMG]
Zstardowntheshaft.jpg
[/IMG]

Glad you liked it. I hope it works out better for you than the R11. I demo'd both, R11 was better for me, but Z-Star sure felt smooth!

Thanks, the R11 was just to punishing of off center hits and off days, i hope this is the one but it def is more forgiving than the R11

Tried this driver at the range yesterday. The guy who runs the range sent it home with me to try at the course. So far, Im loving it. Also, hit the 3 wood and wow. So, I came home, found a 3 wood on the bay for $149 and bought it. Great sticks.

Had another round on Friday at a tight course and I only really missed two fairways while hitting the driver. One I left a little open and a strong left-to-right wind pushed it right into a lake on a par 5 (still managed a bogey) and then later in the round I plain blocked my drive on 18 (another par 5) and it missed the fairway. Aside from that I was hitting the rest. I still can't believe how forgiving this driver is. I hit one drive well off the toe - only an inch or less from the toe - and it corrected and still flew straight with minimal distance loss. Good contact gets crushed, bad contact gets forgiven. Can't ask for more than that.

We are all golf ho's at heart, nothing you can do about it lol

I'm 66, been into golf 6yrs. I thought it was something I would outgrow in a few years (very few) but, they keep coming out with all that stuff that's even more amazing than the last. Today, I had my first of 10 lessons puting the amphasis on the short game (I don't want to be good...I want to be LETHAL around the greens), my coach sugggested we begin with 5 max and see but, I insisted on 10....... where does it end?
I actually had fun practicing ½hr after the lesson, I also insisted on a minimum of 2-3 per week. Maybe it's time to get the wife involved in my reasoning.

Last edited:
Z-Star Driver

Z-Star Driver

ZstarSole.jpg
[/IMG]
ZstarShaft.jpg
[/IMG]
Zstardowntheshaft.jpg
[/IMG]

Quick clarification. The heel weight is the weight near the shaft?

Quick clarification. The heel weight is the weight near the shaft?

that is correct, back weight is the very back one in the center of the head right behind the S in Srixon and heel one is right by the shaft

Has anybody else noticed the inside of the headcover is ROUGH! i have already gotten some scratches on my crown from the headcover, not deep but just surface scratches that you can see when the light hits it just right. I stuck my hand in the headcover and noticed its extremely rough in there.

Has anybody else noticed the inside of the headcover is ROUGH! i have already gotten some scratches on my crown from the headcover, not deep but just surface scratches that you can see when the light hits it just right. I stuck my hand in the headcover and noticed its extremely rough in there.

Just checked mine, although I can feel the seams, the ones that would come in contact with the crown are the extentions of the sleeve. The harsher seams are at the sole of the club and that part seems to be lined with corduroy. If you have a problem, I would take the cover back immediately. I don't want to do it to mine (b/c it feels OK) but, to put it together, they must have had to sow it inside out. If bad comes to worse, you could try that to see what's wrong... Just a suggestion!

Im a little surprised by this. I have quite a few of these drivers and have moved them around a lot. Not a single scratch from inside the cover. In fact I dont find the cover rougher than most others personally. But thats just me.

Easy fix is grab a Daphnes Headcover. We even have some in the THP Store.

Im a little surprised by this. I have quite a few of these drivers and have moved them around a lot. Not a single scratch from inside the cover. In fact I dont find the cover rougher than most others personally. But thats just me.

Easy fix is grab a Daphnes Headcover. We even have some in the THP Store.

man i must of got a cover than the inside seams didnt hold or something, the sole part is very rough but the part of the cover than comes in contact with the crown is also very rough, it almost feel like something is stuck to the fabric of it making it rougher. I was looking at those and if there was a gopher i would buy one, not a fan of the birds and fish

Saw this driver in the Edwin Watts I drive by often. This driver looks awesome. Very traditional from the top and face. It's all business on the bottom. The adjustable hosel is by far the best looking one yet. I have a 910 and wish it was that small. It looks like it's a regular hosel. I didn't have time to hit it yet.

Back