Odyssey White Hot OG Putters

Also also, haha, I can’t say enough how cool it is to hear the story behind the WH insert and how after years of trying to create a higher performance (quicker roll) version they couldn’t ever quite nail it, which is something I’ve mentioned in a few review articles over the years. Then to dig deeper and see that it’s basically the perfect storm of an insert for sound, feel, and flex through impact.

Love that kind of deep tech talk.
Definitely an interesting aspect in a golf equipment world that seems like its always a race for the latest and greatest. This has stood the test of time, and still comes out if top. Really incredible when you think about it.

Not the point of this putter.
No, but it would be a cool option to see in them, as many wish the TT putters had this insert. (y)

I love the looks of #1, it’s super clean looking. I seriously said to myself, sell your Scotty and get one. These go back to my teenage years and wow what a blast from the past. Serious ponder here.

Nice. I'm liking the red shafts that were shown elsewhere and these look good too.

This is a really good picture on THP Instagram.

68678485-04F3-4868-944F-B13E732948F2.jpeg

Nice. I'm liking the red shafts that were shown elsewhere and these look good too.
The new Stroke Lab is talked about in the article (y)

Definitely fun with the Candy Apple Red

Great write up @Jman.

I’m a huge fan of this OG line coming out. I have played the TriHot #1 Mallet with white hot insert for ever and it has always performed well for me. One of the Rossies or the #5 would be my choice here in the OG line. And for $220? Seems like an absolute deal!

I saw that, and I saw the picture posted elsewhere of it. It's very nice(y)

Really cool. When I was starting to get into golf and golf gear I almost got a used White Hot 2 ball putter. Loved the feel, but went with something else. Always wished I had gone that route. Another putter ponder for me in 2021.

I always liked the look of the 2 ball. I rolled my buddies a few times and I don’t know if it was the weight difference or what but I struggled with it.

Great article Jman. I miss that first white hot putter I had back in the day. I'm glad to see it back, but I'm a little underwhelmed by the looks.

That could change though. I can always be persuaded if they perform. Plus I love that insert.

Great write up @Jman.

I’m a huge fan of this OG line coming out. I have played the TriHot #1 Mallet with white hot insert for ever and it has always performed well for me. One of the Rossies or the #5 would be my choice here in the OG line. And for $220? Seems like an absolute deal!

Straight 🔥

I’ve never rolled a putter with this insert so I’m very curious. James, you really drew a very imaginable picture of what the insert is. As soon as I can roll one of these, I will, especially the #1.

I wonder how much the candy apple red color of the SL shaft was influenced by Sean Toulon’s love of cars.

I love seeing this insert come back and with such classic shapes. At some point I'll be picking up a Rossie when they start hitting the used market. I may have to track down a 2 Ball for my daughter too.

I may have missed it in the article but do we know what the head weight is on these?

If my TT putter had this insert, it would be perfect. What a great insert White Hot is/was.

I heard Callaway thinks these will be a big hit this year. I’m inclined to agree. Rossie or 2-ball will join my putter rotation. SL update sounds very nice.

Thanks for the write up!

Also also, haha, I can’t say enough how cool it is to hear the story behind the WH insert and how after years of trying to create a higher performance (quicker roll) version they couldn’t ever quite nail it, which is something I’ve mentioned in a few review articles over the years. Then to dig deeper and see that it’s basically the perfect storm of an insert for sound, feel, and flex through impact.

Love that kind of deep tech talk.
That was the fascinating part of the article for me no question. Such a cool story

Its so great to see the White Hot insert back in the fold. The combination of the classic feeling insert mixed with the modern head shape options and the new SL putter shaft I have no doubt will be a great combo and very popular regardless if you are looking at them from the nostalgia angle, the tech angle, or the pure performance feel angle. Price point is right and I expect we'll see a lot of these rolling on the greens this year.

Really excited about this release. My first "big boy" putter was a White Hot OG XL Rossie and I still have it. It finds its way to a putting green every now and again. Seeing the line come back and with the same touch and feel is a great add to the 2021 lineup.

Pretty cool to see the original back in play. I wasn’t around the game of god back then and I have very little exposure to the original insert so I might seek one out to see what all the fuss is about

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

Now give me a Ten with the OG and Ill be dancing in the streets.

The more I think about the more I don't think I've ever owned a White Hot insert from Odyssey. :unsure:

These look so good. When we saw them in the presentation the Callaway guys explained how everyone has been requesting this insert and pros still don't want to move out of it. They have tried making inserts with similar properties but people still want the original white hot. They explained the history of how this face came about and that the manufacturing process is more intensive but in the end they decided to make it the same way and same formula as the original. They slightly adjusted some of the shapes / rounded some of the edges and they look fantastic!!

Back