One Length Irons Thread: Join the Revolution

Anyone know if and when the OL Forged Tec black might be back in stock? Or when the black OL wedges will have another loft besides 56°?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Update.

Yesterday was the first day I had a struggle a bit. Most of it swing related, but had a single shot that appeared to be just off distance wise. In the hundreds I have hit, no real bother, but wanted to document it in the journey and revolution thread because each test is posted.

Gaps are still what I expect and I still think I’m going to change out the 4 hybrid for a lower loft. Otherwise it’s rock solid and staying put

Update.

Yesterday was the first day I had a struggle a bit. Most of it swing related, but had a single shot that appeared to be just off distance wise. In the hundreds I have hit, no real bother, but wanted to document it in the journey and revolution thread because each test is posted.

Gaps are still what I expect and I still think I’m going to change out the 4 hybrid for a lower loft. Otherwise it’s rock solid and staying put
Do you find that there's any change in distance in the longer irons? Like your 4-6iron? That's my biggest worry is that the distance won't be there in the longer irons, but I guess that doesn't matter cause I already bought some! Hahaha

Do you find that there's any change in distance in the longer irons? Like your 4-6iron? That's my biggest worry is that the distance won't be there in the longer irons, but I guess that doesn't matter cause I already bought some! Hahaha
The only thing that I’ve seen that would be a gapping question is the 5 iron and 4 Hybrid OL are close in distance at times.

Read through the thread if you get a chance. I have about 8 updates covering this very thing.

The only thing that I’ve seen that would be a gapping question is the 5 iron and 4 Hybrid OL are close in distance at times.
But, I think I'm getting a 4iron! Got to have the stringer brother!

@JB just listened to an interview that Bryson did on the Fred Couples show and he mentioned something I found somewhat interesting. He said he moves the position of the ball in his stance depending which iron he is hitting? I thought that would be one of the variables eliminated by playing OL? Same swing every club is one one the selling featured, no? Do you position the ball different for say a 5 iron vs PW? I’m asking because I have no idea and if all clubs are the same length and lie I would think ball position would be fairly similar for full swings
Yeah, OL leads to one ball position, one setup, all the things you thought. I don't know about that interview, but I would guess he was discussing being able to make changes for particular shots, rather than his stock setup. One of the biggest misconceptions about him is that he is too rigid and incapable of touch/creativity.

What did you get sir? Congratulations!
He posted in a different thread that he grabbed the One Length Forged Tec from Cobra, the same one @JDax was testing out in his iron search thread.

I have a feeling that set will be a popular choice in the Morgan Cup later this year

KING Forged TEC ONE Length
4-PW
TEC ONE KBS $ Taper Lite shafts

I don't know if this is going to be my gamer set of course, but I'm a good short iron player and I'm very intrigued by the concept. And while bitcoin is at 40k, then why not kid? Hahaha
Nice Choice!!!

How's the revolution going the past 2 weeks?

Anyone jumping on the radspeeds today?

Last edited:
I know that @HuddieJ is still waiting on his order to come in...

Still thinking about joining the revolution. Played @oumagic one by length forge tecs. Hit them well for grabbing them and heading to the course. Thinking with right shaft I could enjoy them. Now that I’ve hit them compared to my standard length FTs I’ll wait and try the rad speed. In my short experiment I felt like the forge tec and catalyst 80 shaft combo were maybe 2 clubs shorter in the long irons than my standard with i95.

Still thinking about joining the revolution. Played @oumagic one by length forge tecs. Hit them well for grabbing them and heading to the course. Thinking with right shaft I could enjoy them. Now that I’ve hit them compared to my standard length FTs I’ll wait and try the rad speed. In my short experiment I felt like the forge tec and catalyst 80 shaft combo were maybe 2 clubs shorter in the long irons than my standard with i95.
I don’t feel I am super short with my OL 4 and 5 iron with forged tec, but I do hit them a little lower than I would like. The OL 4i is about a club or club and a half shorter than my standard length epic forged 4i, but I am not sure that is a fair comparison. I can hit the OL 4i much more consistent off the deck and use the epic forged 95% of the time with a tee

Just ordered the Radspeeds 5-GW. Going to keep my current Rogue 52 SW and MD4 56 LW in the bag to start. After I see how the gaps are up top I’ll decide if I want to order the 4i or possibly a hybrid. Will probably keep my Rogue 3i as a UT and the Rogue X 5 hybrid in the bag for now. Plan on ordering matching GP tour velvet 360 connect grips with Arccos sensors for my Callaways.

I was pondering this same purchase with Recoils. The Rad Speed OL look really nice.

I am going to give the OL RAD a try at some point. I will probably stick with my forged tec this season, but think a set of OL RAD with Recoil 95 and a 1/2” shorter than my current 7i length OL would be sweet.

if I get better numbers with the 4i/5i on the RAD, maybe I will have a RAD/FT combo set 😎

I had been planning on going OL for a couple of months now, and had been waiting on the Radspeeds to be released. I have back issues that make it difficult at times to get/stay down on the short irons. I’m hoping the OL helps with this. I stayed with 7i length with this in mind.

The release of the Apex21 DCBs were tempting, but I really want to give OL a try. I’ve been watching @tucsoncacti game his Speedzone OL during our rounds with solid results. That plus the Arccos sensors made the Cobras a no-brainer.

These will be the first new set of clubs for me, my previous sets were hand-me-downs or from CPO.

I don’t feel I am super short with my OL 4 and 5 iron with forged tec, but I do hit them a little lower than I would like. The OL 4i is about a club or club and a half shorter than my standard length epic forged 4i, but I am not sure that is a fair comparison. I can hit the OL 4i much more consistent off the deck and use the epic forged 95% of the time with a tee
The one length 4 iron was billet straight

@baylrballa

Do it! Lol. I see you were wanting the $-taper shafts. They are available in x-stiff, if that works for you. But plenty of other shaft options available. Might be time to try some graphite shafts, lol.

I went ahead and ordered. I’m sure they will sell out. I called Cobra this morning before I ordered and they said no indication the DART shafts will be offered in 21. I plan on checking the website after 2/1, if the DART shafts show available I will call and change my order. Could quite possibly be a Callaway exclusive for the first few months.

Anyone ever try Maltby irons from Golf works?

Back