Mizuno JPX 921 Irons Review

I was told 5-6 weeks on my set of HMPs. It’s been about two. So anxious to hit the entire set.

Those HMPs are a pretty set. Haven’t hit em but they catch the eye.

JPX 921 Forged are the 2021 ticket for me. (y)

Is this what'll be in the bag to start 2021?
This will be the iron set, yep. The purge is happening starting Monday and the move will be made. Lots of tremendous irons out there, lots I could play easily, but the chromoly in a forged design is special for me, and a big part is Mizuno doesnt do super low spin, which for me in irons is a big thing.

Hoping to rock these until the Mizuno event this year! #TeamVosh

I'd really like to see a side by side with the 919 line to see what the differences are like, especially the Tour models

This will be the iron set, yep. The purge is happening starting Monday and the move will be made. Lots of tremendous irons out there, lots I could play easily, but the chromoly in a forged design is special for me, and a big part is Mizuno doesnt do super low spin, which for me in irons is a big thing.

That's awesome. Have a desire to try Mizuno one day, and this JPX 921 line is making it difficult to keep pushing it out.

Great way to become more familiar with Mizuno and hit the ground running at the Experience. Really looking forward to more details and sign ups for this one!

I'd really like to see a side by side with the 919 line to see what the differences are like, especially the Tour models
Vosh talked about this with @Canadan on the Mizuno live stream a bit, the Tours are....well....Tours, and the profile is super similar, which they should be because they’re awesome. But the rest of the line has seen a heavy evolution, and theyre all fun to hit, but I really do believe the Forged are super special.

Are you filming the purge? I can only imagine what the club library looks like at your place

Vosh talked about this with @Canadan on the Mizuno live stream a bit, the Tours are....well....Tours, and the profile is super similar, which they should be because they’re awesome. But the rest of the line has seen a heavy evolution, and theyre all fun to hit, but I really do believe the Forged are super special.
I need to watch it, work got in the way so missed most the showcase and comps

Are you filming the purge? I can only imagine what the club library looks like at your place
Not that many irons, I give a lot away to HS kids who can’t afford decent sets. These are leading me to purge the Miura’s though, and that’s a huge compliment from me.

I ordered my 921 forged back in October and it took almost 7 weeks to get which really didn’t matter up here in Northern Alberta. I have hit mine a few times into the net and may have made a wrong decision on the shaft. My dilemma now is do I order different shafts and have them swapped, wait till spring and hit them off grass before deciding, or sell them now because they don’t have a scratch on them and get a set with better fitting shafts. When I was demoing them I did hit with a bunch of shafts and it was close (7 iron only) so I went with the blackout lz 6.0’s because they look stunning. I should have stayed with either the tour white amt s300’s or modus 120’s, oh well it wouldn’t be the first set I have sold before gaming

I need to watch it, work got in the way so missed most the showcase and comps
It’s a super fun one. The way Vosh breaks it down with Dan is pretty fantastic.

I ordered my 921 forged back in October and it took almost 7 weeks to get which really didn’t matter up here in Northern Alberta. I have hit mine a few times into the net and may have made a wrong decision on the shaft. My dilemma now is do I order different shafts and have them swapped, wait till spring and hit them off grass before deciding, or sell them now because they don’t have a scratch on them and get a set with better fitting shafts. When I was demoing them I did hit with a bunch of shafts and it was close (7 iron only) so I went with the blackout lz 6.0’s because they look stunning. I should have stayed with either the tour white amt s300’s or modus 120’s, oh well it wouldn’t be the first set I have sold before gaming
PERFECT time to start doing club work Mike!

U know I really should start trying, may have to hit u up for some tips & instruction

PERFECT time to start doing club work Mike!

U know I really should start trying, may have to hit u up for some tips & instruction
It’s tiiiiiiiiime! (y)

Have not chirped in for some time, but I ended up buying two stock sets, the 921 Forged and the HMP. Original intention was to figure out a split set, maybe break after the 8 iron, then get fit to ensure correct shaft. Really do like the pop of the Modus tho, just hard to tell if it's the shaft or the head. Pretty confused right now. May just go HMP all around and forget the split set idea. Just don't know...

Have not chirped in for some time, but I ended up buying two stock sets, the 921 Forged and the HMP. Original intention was to figure out a split set, maybe break after the 8 iron, then get fit to ensure correct shaft. Really do like the pop of the Modus tho, just hard to tell if it's the shaft or the head. Pretty confused right now. May just go HMP all around and forget the split set idea. Just don't know...
Man. Those are two 🔥 options to have though!

Not that many irons, I give a lot away to HS kids who can’t afford decent sets. These are leading me to purge the Miura’s though, and that’s a huge compliment from me.
Those Miuras seemed like the perfect set feel wise for you, and I really enjoy the looks. The Mizunos must be something, to cause you to purge those.

Wait, I thought you were going one length.
I was going to try OL, which I did this week and the long irons just weren’t working for me mentally, which is funny because the OL 56 degree was an absolute riot.

So, it comes back to VL, and that whole Mizuno event thing in 2021 ;)

The 921 Forged are just a fun head to hit

921 Forged 5-P w/ PX IO 6.0’s 👀

I am really working this right now...I have been hitting the HMPs, the Forged, Ping G425 and tomorrow I am hitting the new Apex21. Right now it’s the HMPs with the Recoil F3 shaft. Hope the Apex doesn’t win out tomorrow, they’re almost twice the price of the HMPs.

Back