921 Forged 5-P w/ PX IO 6.0’s 👀

That setup sounds fantastic. I hit the forged 7i again the other day and afterwards stood staring at a stock PW-4i set wondering why I shouldn’t just buy them. The feel is solid, and they crush the ball. I also enjoyed seeing a full set. I like how they setup and look top to bottom. And io is new and exciting. I can’t wait for your ongoing feedback. 👍

giphy.gif

43f1819f9922ef058fb1e72a095b0662.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ad73d3209b40cb01b48979bf42c9c8b7.jpg

Noticed a problem though. The shafts that were ordered were the Recoil 460 ESX regular flex (which is the F3 according to the
UST website), but when I got these home and unboxed them, the shafts are F2 (which is the lighter A flex per the website).

I’ve emailed the fitter to confirm whether I’m missing something here, or whether Mizuno screwed something up when they were building them. We will see what happens.

UPDATE: Emailed the fitter and he said that Mizuno screwed up and it should be F3. So, going to run them back up there tomorrow and get it resolved one way or the other.

Last edited:
ad73d3209b40cb01b48979bf42c9c8b7.jpg

Noticed a problem though. The shafts that were ordered were the Recoil 460 ESX regular flex (which is the F3 according to the
UST website), but when I got these home and unboxed them, the shafts are F2 (which is the lighter A flex per the website).

I’ve emailed the fitter to confirm whether I’m missing something here, or whether Mizuno screwed something up when they were building them. We will see what happens.

UPDATE: Emailed the fitter and he said that Mizuno screwed up and it should be F3. So, going to run them back up there tomorrow and get it resolved one way or the other.

How long to get them from the order date?
Thanks

Tomorrow 👀

How long to get them from the order date?
Thanks

It was 7 weeks exactly from initial order (12/7) until delivery (1/25). Though I should note that when I ordered the heads were on backorder until 1/7. So, once 1/7 hit, they arrived in just over a couple of weeks.

I'm expected that it will be a 1-2 week turnaround, at most, to get the right clubs since it was Mizuno's mistake. If it's longer than that, it will be extremely disappointing, to put it nicely.

Last edited:
I'm just wondering how long these last in the bag :unsure: Thinking all year or till summer?
Since there’s that little Mizuno event announcement that happened at the THP Showcase broadcast, it only makes sense for me to play them leading up to the event....

Talked to the manager at the PGA store and they said that they basically have to issue a new order to correct the shaft issue even though it was Mizuno's fault for putting in the wrong shafts. The HMP heads are on backorder until 1/30, so if the timeline holds from the first order based on backorder date, I'll likely have them the week of 2/15 (though they did ask on the order form that they be rushed since it was Mizuno's error).

And they gave me a $50 gift card for the hassle.

So, while certainly annoying and I wish they'd done it right the first time, I guess an extra $50 to wait a few more weeks isn't all that bad, especially considering it's winter right now.

Talked to the manager at the PGA store and they said that they basically have to issue a new order to correct the shaft issue even though it was Mizuno's fault for putting in the wrong shafts. The HMP heads are on backorder until 1/30, so if the timeline holds from the first order based on backorder date, I'll likely have them the week of 2/15 (though they did ask on the order form that they be rushed since it was Mizuno's error).

And they gave me a $50 gift card for the hassle.

So, while certainly annoying and I wish they'd done it right the first time, I guess an extra $50 to wait a few more weeks isn't all that bad, especially considering it's winter right now.

Stinks it happened, but you are handling it a lot better than a lot of folks would have.

So I have gotten my clubs (5-6 921 Forged, and 7-PW HMB20), and I am not really in love with the HMBs. I love the 921, and I am wondering if I made a mistake with this combo? Granted I have only been out a couple of times with them, but the Forged just seem so much easier to hit. I hope I haven't hooped myself because trying to sell a 7-PW set will be hard.

So I have gotten my clubs (5-6 921 Forged, and 7-PW HMB20), and I am not really in love with the HMBs. I love the 921, and I am wondering if I made a mistake with this combo? Granted I have only been out a couple of times with them, but the Forged just seem so much easier to hit. I hope I haven't hooped myself because trying to sell a 7-PW set will be hard.

Curious combo - I would have gone one or the other but not a blend.

Curious combo - I would have gone one or the other but not a blend.

My fitter suggested it in my fitting. I wonder what their policy is for returns as this was a custom order from the factory? I might give them a call.

Stinks it happened, but you are handling it a lot better than a lot of folks would have.

Yeah, definitely not pleased and you would think that is something that Mizuno would check before sending it out the door. But at the end of the day, mistakes happen, and not much I can do about it other than have them fix it as quickly as possible.

Yeah, definitely not pleased and you would think that is something that Mizuno would check before sending it out the door. But at the end of the day, mistakes happen, and not much I can do about it other than have them fix it as quickly as possible.

It's a bit surprising I agree. When I ordered mine, it took longer than I was previously told because due higher than anticipated number of orders.

Not sure if this has been said, but i think these gave the highest ball speed of any mizuno iron ever

Pretty sure I’ll be ordering the Forged in the next 2 weeks, likely with recoil 95s. Pretty excited about it after demoing them a few times. Great combination of looks with some forgiveness and still great feel.

Not sure if this has been said, but i think these gave the highest ball speed of any mizuno iron ever
I know I was stunned at the speeds I was seeing at the THP Showcase, stunned.

the ball speed sim seeing from my HMP 5-7 irons is pretty impressive. Took a little gap adjusting but happy to have the problem. Surprisingly the Forged 8i gaps well into the HMP 7

18 more holes and my HMP/Forged combo are fun to hit. Distance is there through the bag and I get some extra pop in my 5-7 HMP’s. I officially hit 6 GIR today (high for me) and a few more that landed but didn’t hold the greens as they were pretty firm and not receptive. I will sound like a broken record, but I keep coming back to that Mizuno feel at impact. I’ve always heard about it, but experiencing it is another thing.
For Mikeg_74 –
I have a set of 921 HMP on order just waiting and it’s a long wait haha! My mind has now wandered and love the idea of HMP in 4-7 with the 8-PW in forged as you have. Having not tried or able to try the 8-PW forged due to testers being 6 and 7is (which are all chromoly not the 1025e carbon) I swung both – loved the forged 7i too – good numbers on the trackman. Which led me to this…

Just wondering about specific feels, thoughts, distance gapping and anything else you can let me know about the 921 8-PW forged would be much appreciated. Thank you!!!

Today might be the day. They were mid-delivered to the wrong town yesterday...but....it appears to have been fixed now. IO’s will be here this evening, would love to build everything out and get to the course tomorrow.

Reactions: MH
For Mikeg_74 –
I have a set of 921 HMP on order just waiting and it’s a long wait haha! My mind has now wandered and love the idea of HMP in 4-7 with the 8-PW in forged as you have. Having not tried or able to try the 8-PW forged due to testers being 6 and 7is (which are all chromoly not the 1025e carbon) I swung both – loved the forged 7i too – good numbers on the trackman. Which led me to this…

Just wondering about specific feels, thoughts, distance gapping and anything else you can let me know about the 921 8-PW forged would be much appreciated. Thank you!!!

It goes without saying that the 921 Forged feel amazing. I have never played a Mizuno iron and immediately once I hit them I realized this is what many were talking about all along.

Feel being subjective, and let's say they feel great, that brings up to performance. Distance wise I am not seeing a gap from my HMP 7i to the Forged 8i. There is a 6* gap there, but on course results does not having me wishing I bent the 7i weaker or the 8i stronger. Compared to my previous set (Apex CF-19 Combo) the lofts are pretty similar.

I will say I am not sure if it is the shaft change (went back to Recoil 95's) but I am seeing a touch more distance out of the Forged 8-PW. I know we all deliver the club differently at impact, but FOR ME I am not seeing anything that would tell me I have gapping issues.

For Mikeg_74 –

Not Mike, but as I love golf talk I wanted to chime in something I saw in the THP Club Lab last week, hitting 8i to 8i at standard lofts in the Forged and HMP I saw a 5 yard carry difference. Not a ton, but, that would be 1/2 a club for most and worth mentioning imo.

Back