EXPERIENCE 2021 Shaft Up #1 with UST Mamiya and Mizuno Golf

We aren’t getting any younger and I am 4 and half months from going over the hill! Haha
Better start taking care of the body... goes down hill quick after 40

After seeing @JDax experience during his first step in his iron selection I am super interested in this one. Those HMBs look really sweet.
Once I went graphite, my only thought was why did I wait so long....

Graphite really that big of difference? What’s the bennies going graphite versus steel?

Genuinely its not something I measure much, but changing 10 grams in irons wouldn't change too much for me I do not believe.
What I found is fantastic feel switching to composite and less wear and tear on my joints with zero impact on dispersion.

I can attest to that as well. Graphite is definitely easier on the joints. It’s funny to think about graphite having zero impact to dispersion. That would have shocked me pre-THP. I’ve learned a ton about the benefits of graphite iron shafts thanks to THP and UST Mamiya.

Graphite really that big of difference? What’s the bennies going graphite versus steel?
I used to have wrist pain after every round or range session, now I’m pain free.

You can get a lot of physical benefits from switching, and not sacrifice performance.

I used to have wrist pain after every round or range session, now I’m pain free.

You can get a lot of physical benefits from switching, and not sacrifice performance.

Is swing speed still a qualifier? I’ve always thought that your swing speed kind of dictates your shafts. Swinging Project X LZ 6.0 120 right now...

Never really considered graphite.

Is swing speed still a qualifier? I’ve always thought that your swing speed kind of dictates your shafts. Swinging Project X LZ 6.0 120 right now...

Bryson is now playing graphite in his irons. The evolution of graphite iron shafts has been huge. They will be just as consistent as steel.

I played those same shafts in a set of X2Hot irons, and before switching to graphite I played KBS C-Taper Lites.

I think the Recoil 110 Proto would be a good shaft for you.

I don’t have a ton of speed but I found I used to miss left a bit with the Recoil 95s. Are the protos a little more stable?

I played those same shafts in a set of X2Hot irons, and before switching to graphite I played KBS C-Taper Lites.

I think the Recoil 110 Proto would be a good shaft for you.

I’ll look into them though. Appreciate the feedback. Interesting that when I was just fit for new sticks, I didn’t swing one graphite shaft.

Trust me, there's a graphite shaft from :UST: that would work great for you, no matter what your swing speed.

Getting pretty excited for this, I gotta put all my stock into this contest.

As a new Albatross member....so your saying there's a chance

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
There is a chance for everybody. Watch the THP Showcase and then signup.

I would probably recommend losing Tapatalk though. Mobile browser is a million times better and at our Experiences picture ownership comes into play as you wouldn’t want to lose those

There is a chance for everybody. Watch the THP Showcase and then signup.

I would probably recommend losing Tapatalk though. Mobile browser is a million times better and at our Experiences picture ownership comes into play as you wouldn’t want to lose those
Thanks...I'll start going browser. Seems I miss most of the gifs and pics on here so will be happy to switch it up.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JB
The only change i want for my Hogan Combo set, is a change from 780 SW to 110 Recoils

After last week at the THP Showcase with Chris being involved and showing off their equipment (both brand new and recently released), I have a feeling this will be a hot ticket.

Shaft up would be a "hot ticket" for me. Definitely trying for this one!

I got a little too excited when I saw this one back up

I think this will be hotter 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥than the chicken eaten during the Showcase! It sounds magical! :love::love::love::love:

I want a shot at the Recoil shafts! I think they will fit me perfectly.

Mizuno has been coming hard at the drivers and the irons are classic!

Last edited:
UST & Mizuno sounds like a lethal combo and interest should definitely be maxed out for everyone on this one.

I love my Mizuno JPX21 HMP’s and seriously looking into a ST-X driver. I love what Mizuno is doing and I am very interested in this event.

Watching the Showcase and also Chris hitting the ST drivers has me all wound up and wishing this winter would just go away! If she wasn't all grown up and so obnoxious I would trade my first born for a ticket to this Experience! :p:cool:

Hot ticket for sure! I was just thinking about the Mizuno lineup as we were at the SIM’s tonight. Add on the killer coverage from last Monday...and this guy is ready to dive into what Mizuno has to offer. Paired with UST Mamiya and this one is going to be stellar!!!

Back