Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering new shafts for my wedges. DG Spinners or Rifle. If my irons are +1/2'' length should my wedge shafts be the same as well?

Yes Mardin, If you need the extra length on your irons you will need it on your wedges as well.

Yes Mardin, If you need the extra length on your irons you will need it on your wedges as well.

Dent, that's what I figured. I'm reshafting a few wedges for the first time either this weekend or next and want to make sure everything is right.

I have a G15 3 wood that I just have no consistency with. I am pondering a 4 wood. Maybe a little more loft will help me. The new Taylormade Superfast 2.0 is on my mind.

Really though I probably need to spend some range time with my current 3 wood, but getting new clubs is so much fun.

I have a G15 3 wood that I just have no consistency with. I am pondering a 4 wood. Maybe a little more loft will help me. The new Taylormade Superfast 2.0 is on my mind.

Really though I probably need to spend some range time with my current 3 wood, but getting new clubs is so much fun.

It turns into an addiction.

Solid. Copper. Lajosi.

Must resist.

Solid. Copper. Lajosi.

Must resist.

Just have him throw it in with the damascus beauty as a freebie. I'm sure Kari won't mind : p

I'm pondering switching my 4 iron back in and trading my DST 23 for a rapture V2 20 and putting in a Mizuno MP4 wood or R9 4 wood.
The mashie is going going nearly gone, I just can't get to grips with it.
Also pondering some Callaway jaws wedges 50 54 58 set up and one use these?

I'm pondering switching my 4 iron back in and trading my DST 23 for a rapture V2 20 and putting in a Mizuno MP4 wood or R9 4 wood.
The mashie is going going nearly gone, I just can't get to grips with it.
Also pondering some Callaway jaws wedges 50 54 58 set up and one use these?

I love my DST! It's probably my favourite club currently. I'm no far from you, any courses you can suggest?

I do like it but I also like my 4i and I think out of the two I will keep that,then I got a big gap to fill to my driver so its prob going to be a 21/20 hybrid and then a 4 wood as I don't get on with 3 woods from the fairway, either that or I go driver 5 wood, 23 hybrid.Still pondering as the title thread suggests!
You could try Marriot St Pierre old course which is pretty good,Rolls of Monmouth is a cracker,All 3 Celtic manor course are lovely (played the monty last week in fab nick!).Dewstowe is fun if you want a par 6 with a totem pole in the fairway!

Mp t-11 wedges.

+1. I completely love my 56/13. The combination of the grind and the dg spinner shaft make this the most automatic wedge that I've ever played. Of course, "most automatic" doesn't mean actually automatic. :golf2:

Has anyone been fitted for a putter? I went in a store last month with my mind set on getting a NC Gambler but was advised about a new fitting system they had so tried it out. Was really impressed! http://paulhurrion.com/profile/

I do like it but I also like my 4i and I think out of the two I will keep that,then I got a big gap to fill to my driver so its prob going to be a 21/20 hybrid and then a 4 wood as I don't get on with 3 woods from the fairway, either that or I go driver 5 wood, 23 hybrid.Still pondering as the title thread suggests!
You could try Marriot St Pierre old course which is pretty good,Rolls of Monmouth is a cracker,All 3 Celtic manor course are lovely (played the monty last week in fab nick!).Dewstowe is fun if you want a par 6 with a totem pole in the fairway!

I was the opposite - I couldn't hit my 4 iron at all so was pleased I liked the DST so much.

I've played Dewstowe (Although, not the one with a par 6!) and Roman Road. I want to play st. Pierre this year, definitely. I will have a look at Monmouth as I think I've heard about it before. Really want to play Porthcawl and St. Davids! You played many courses over here?

Got to hit a Baffler with the Fubuki AX in it to bring the weight up. Awesome club for someone with a steep attack angle. I like my 909's a lot but these things will be buzzing in my mind for bit

Hey OEM - how do/did you like the Karsten '59 Anser 2? Did the extra thin top line throw you off at all?

Got to hit a Baffler with the Fubuki AX in it to bring the weight up. Awesome club for someone with a steep attack angle. I like my 909's a lot but these things will be buzzing in my mind for bit

Tuna buddy you might ponder even more than OEM ponders.

Hey OEM - how do/did you like the Karsten '59 Anser 2? Did the extra thin top line throw you off at all?

I really like the Ping '59 series putters. I like the anser 2 but you know what I like more? The answer X. Love that one and it's in the collection.

I really like the Ping '59 series putters. I like the anser 2 but you know what I like more? The answer X. Love that one and it's in the collection.

do you like its balanced face? It is always nice to see Ping try something new with their own designs.

Pondering a new Driver...... but I have been for a while. Just haven't pulled the trigger.

Pondering a move to a Clicgear 3.0. I already have a Sun Mountain push-cart but the 3.0's form and accessories have my intrigued.

Tuna buddy you might ponder even more than OEM ponders.

It's certainly possible. Being a tech guy I like to fine tune and ticker with everything. Leaving performance on the table just annoys me and thus the pondering. I'm pretty sure it won't be until the end of this year that I've actually got a bag that's set for a good bit.

I'm sure OEM's nodding his head somewhere right now over this while steam might be coming out of JB's ears.

It's certainly possible. Being a tech guy I like to fine tune and ticker with everything. Leaving performance on the table just annoys me and thus the pondering. I'm pretty sure it won't be until the end of this year that I've actually got a bag that's set for a good bit.

I'm sure OEM's nodding his head somewhere right now over this while steam might be coming out of JB's ears.

** nods **

Tapatalk: better on the iPad

I will not buy anything until TaylorMade releases a Ghost spider.

Tap before talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back